Habs vs. Flyers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn.. as much as I want to see Koivu play on Sunday, I prefer he take the time off and come back after Christmas totally healed up. I am going again in January anyway.

Good point they just made about Carbo giving the guys the week off.. and asking them to earn it.. .hopefully we see two more strong games like this on the weekend...

That's more like it. The first 30 minutes was amazing. I hate to be negative, but...

MILBURY IS A COMPLETE BRAINLESS ASSHAT!!!

This moron is a worse Habs hater than Cherry. He completely canceled Hughson's excellent commentating. I'd rather listen to Old man Cole with his 45 second brain lapses and Harry Neale's completely uneducated analysis. I can't believe they let this moron analyze this game. Has he watched Kovalev for the last 4 years? This year is completely different than two years ago...his only bad season. Kovy is getting frustrated and feels he has to carry the team. He has back checked beautifully for the last two years. I hope this douche bag never commentates a game again. I always just thought he was a brainless blowhard, but now I wish I could smash his face in!

[b]MILBURY IS A COMPLETE BRAINLESS ASSHAT!!![/b]

This moron is a worse Habs hater than Cherry. He completely canceled Hughson's excellent commentating. I'd rather listen to Old man Cole with his 45 second brain lapses and Harry Neale's completely uneducated analysis. I can't believe they let this moron analyze this game. Has he watched Kovalev for the last 4 years? This year is completely different than two years ago...his only bad season. Kovy is getting frustrated and feels he has to carry the team. He has back checked beautifully for the last two years. I hope this douche bag never commentates a game again. I always just thought he was a brainless blowhard, but now I wish I could smash his face in!

You should see Milbury on the Bruins NESN telecast; he's actually alot worse (not at the same level as Jack Edwards but still pretty bad).....CBC is grooming Milbury to take over for Cherry, just to keep the habs-hating tradition around for at least another 10 years.......I personally like Kelly Hrudey, but I guess he's gotten over 1993 and harbors no ill will toward us....on the other hand, I was watching a couple of the 1970's games in the Habs 100th Anniversary DVD and I think Milbury was on the ice for every Habs goal.

I also like Hughson as the play-by-play, even when he only did canucks games he had a fairness about him.

Any word on AK46?

MILBURY IS A COMPLETE BRAINLESS ASSHAT!!!

It's ridiculous how much the CBC has deteriorated from the quality colour work of, say, Dick Irvin Jr. Obviously Irvin was most knowledgeable about the Habs, but he never hesitated to credit the other team, or to call out the Canadiens if they deserved it. Milbury just sounds like a bitter fool with an axe to grind. I can only hope that Milbury was a temporary experiment which will quickly be abandoned.

Well i got the score right, just the wrong team. I'm not sure who that was i was watching the first 35 minutes of the game but i liked it. Forechecking, hitting, hustling to the puck and winning battles, crisp passes getting out of the zone and yes i actually saw players standing in front of the net.

I did recognize the team that played in the 3rd, lazy plays, outworked, blind passes, not being hard on the puck, failing to clear thew puck when they had a chance.

The team is Bi-Polar.

I'm not going to complain about a solid win like that, hopefully it will carry them over the weekend to play well and get a few wins.

As for Milbury, it's obvious he is not a Kovalev fan, he did say good and bad things about him and showed both examples. He calls them as he sees them. I think the same thing of Kovalev, you get the good and the bad.

Let's be honest, he had 84 points last year and people were going nuts. His talent should net him around 100 points every year.

IO missed the game last night as it was my office x-mas party! BUt you can bet I kept running back to my CPU to see what the score was!

I'm happy to hear the Kovy, Lats and my boy Komisarek played good games last night.

C'mon boys, get the 4 points this week-end and we can all celebrate during the holidays!

First, comments on the game. I figured the Habs needed my traditional, first swig of beer as the puck dropped to get over their losing streak. So I helped them out there. I thought the Habs played a good first 40. The last 20 wasn't as typical as past Habs "just hold on" type of lead protection, but it was darn close. I think with Komisarek back, it helped tremendously. He played a strong game, and the Habs did a better job clearing some of Halak's juicy rebounds. Not a great game from BGL, but I think his presence was a good thing. He threw a couple of strong hits, although he was bailed out after the nice giveaway to Richards on the blueline.

I thought the Laps line played a great game. Just imagine if Kostopolous had soft hands! D'Agostini, man the kid has hustle. Hopefully, he keeps that work ethic up there. Lang/Tanguay seemed kinda invisible to me. I think Carbo needs to keep 46-14-27 together. (But boy, that was a pretty stretch pass from Begin!) So was the Laps bass to D'Ago for that breakaway goal.

Good start, the Habs need to build on this one and get on a roll.

Now, Milbury. I don't mind if a colour commentator doesn't like a player. That's fine with me. What I don't like are the childish little jabs he kept sneaking in "well, that's the last time you'll see something like that from him this year", and would counter Hughson's "great move" comments by "but did you see that giveaway". At least on NESN, Milbury is buried on the intermission shows, which is when I change the channel. I actually find that NESN's announcers are generally some of the better local guys out there.

Edit: Typos. Oops

Edited by huzer

I wonder if AK46 is out over the weekend if they might not call up Pacioretty for the 2 games. Put him Begin and Laraque and get a quick taste of the NHL. '

If the injury isn't serious he'll have i think 4 or 5 days off after Sunday.

Funny, I feel more like Kovalev's season last year was the exception. For most of his career I think Kovalev has looked a lot more like now than last year, a amazingly gifted player who is at times spectacular, but who just doesn't get the job done on a consistent basis.

Any word on AK46?
Andrei Kostitsyn saw a doctor today. No damage done from his knee-on-knee hit by Flyers' Scott Hartnell last night, but Carbo hopes GM Bob Gainey has serious thoughts about discussing it with the league. Kostitsyn is likely pegged as day to day. From: habsinsideout

Andrei Kostitsyn saw a doctor today. No damage done from his knee-on-knee hit by Flyers' Scott Hartnell last night, but Carbo hopes GM Bob Gainey has serious thoughts about discussing it with the league. Kostitsyn is likely pegged as day to day. From: habsinsideout

I guess this is good news! Let's hope it will not stop him from playing this week-end!

thanks AC...definitely good news

Funny, I feel more like Kovalev's season last year was the exception. For most of his career I think Kovalev has looked a lot more like now than last year, a amazingly gifted player who is at times spectacular, but who just doesn't get the job done on a consistent basis.

thought that too, but two years ago he was a complete slug. He couldn't back check, and there seemed to be a lot of resistance to Carbo's style. This year, I honestly think he feels he has to carry the team when they aren't playing well. I could be wrong. Maybe he is selfish, but I think he has great character and care for his team mates. The problem is that his solution merely compounds the problem. Often when the team is playing poorly, he will skate the puck in, and instead of the short pass, he will go for a skate and lose the puck. If he simplified, it would help the team and his numbers.

What Milbury said, and many analysts say is that he is lazy, doesn't care, and plays when he wants to. I don't believe this to be the case. I believe he tries to do too much, and fumbles.

thought that too, but two years ago he was a complete slug. He couldn't back check, and there seemed to be a lot of resistance to Carbo's style. This year, I honestly think he feels he has to carry the team when they aren't playing well. I could be wrong. Maybe he is selfish, but I think he has great character and care for his team mates. The problem is that his solution merely compounds the problem. Often when the team is playing poorly, he will skate the puck in, and instead of the short pass, he will go for a skate and lose the puck. If he simplified, it would help the team and his numbers.

What Milbury said, and many analysts say is that he is lazy, doesn't care, and plays when he wants to. I don't believe this to be the case. I believe he tries to do too much, and fumbles.

I never believe Kovalev was a lazy bum who didn't care, the guy wants to do well, and he does want to carry the team. I've always said that he lacks the hockey sense required to be a true impact player; he has the skills, but rarely makes the right plays. For every spectacular move that generates a genuine scoring opportunity, he makes about 20-25 dumb plays that lead to turnovers and lost puck possession.