SNL Screw-up

Ribeiro

Did any of you catch Saturday Night Live's premiere?

Complete musical screw-up. Here's what happened: They chose Ashlee Simpson as the guest singer.

She had the microphone on her hip, then a pre-recorded track of her singing started to play, and then her band. She was lip-syncing - and got busted. She ran off the stage, and her band just stood there continued playing.

A good discussion on it can be found here.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Complete musical screw-up. Here's what happened: They chose Ashlee Simpson as the guest singer.

She had the microphone on her hip, then a pre-recorded track of her singing started to play, and then her band. She was lip-syncing - and got busted. She ran off the stage, and her band just stood there continued playing.

I didnt see it live, but I saw a video of it. Classic! It was probably the funniest moment of the episode (since most of the skits they perform are crap). I'm glad she's been exposed for being a talented fraud, just piggy-backing on her sisters success.

Originally posted by puck7x

I didnt see it live, but I saw a video of it. Classic! It was probably the funniest moment of the episode (since most of the skits they perform are crap). I'm glad she's been exposed for being a talented fraud, just piggy-backing on her sisters success.

On the discussion I linked to, I liked how someone pointed out that there are hundreds of great musicians out there - real musicians, looking for a chance to play.

Instead, SNL feeds us this crap. The music industry feeds us this crap.

She can't dance, she can't sing, what does SNL have to say for themselves? (Simon said something similar to William Hung on American Idol)

The music industry is simply getting worse.

Ashlee Simpson doesn't even have an excuse. At least pop stars like Britney Spears have tough choreography to keep up with while they lip-sync, Ashlee doesn't.

She's a talentless fraud.

<u>She can't dance</u>, she can't sing, what does SNL have to say for themselves? (Simon said something similar to William Hung on American Idol)

The music industry is simply getting worse.

Ashlee Simpson doesn't even have an excuse. At least pop stars like Britney Spears have tough choreography to keep up with while they lip-sync, Ashlee doesn't.

Thats what made me laugh the hardest, her dancing. I have no idea what moves she was trying to perform, but whatever it was it did not work. It looked like she was doing a folk dance.