Guy_Guy_Guy

http://www.petitiononline.com/br3r2342/petition.html

Sign for the petition for RDS to show games of the Bulldogs of the ahl!!!! They think that noone will watch it but they are wrong! Sign up guys as much as you want we just need as much votes as we can!!! We've got about 850 already!!

[Edited on 2004/10/25 by Guy_Guy_Guy]

[Edited on 2004-12-29 by puck7x]

I'm sorry, but I really dont think online petitions ever work. The petition has no credibility because everyone is allowed to sign it easily, and as many times as they want.

I doubt RDS will care. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just being realistic. But hey, credit to you for trying... I wish RDS would show Dogs games.

[Edited on 2004-10-25 by puck7x]

Originally posted by puck7x

I'm sorry, but I really dont think online petitions ever work. The petition has no credibility because everyone is allowed to sign it easily, and as many times as they want.

I doubt RDS will care. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just being realistic. But hey, credit to you for trying... I wish RDS would show Dogs games.

[Edited on 2004-10-25 by puck7x]

Lol, I was just going to say that.

Actually, I was going to say, "Sign an online petition to ban online petitions."

Last time I disparaged online petitions here, I received heat from my fellow members.

I'm glad others realize the uselessness and annoyance of online petitions.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Last time I disparaged online petitions here, I received heat from my fellow members.

I'm glad others realize the uselessness and annoyance of online petitions.

That is because you were a complete jerk about it and called anyone who signs online petitions and absolute idiot. That is not the way to go about things. Call the petitions stupid. Do not call the people who sign them stupid.

http://www.habsworld.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1344

"Anyone who takes the time to write an online petition or signs and online petition is an idiot" -Ribeiro

That is because you were a complete jerk about it and called anyone who signs online petitions and absolute idiot. That is not the way to go about things. Call the petitions stupid. Do not call the people who sign them stupid.

http://www.habsworld.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1344

"Anyone who takes the time to write an online petition or signs and online petition is an idiot" -Ribeiro

If you're going to quote me, be sure to include all of the brilliant post and not just 1 line. Here it is:

Anyone who:

Takes the time to write an online petition or signs an online petition is an idiot.

Like I said before, they never work. It's the damn internet, and they could really careless about what a bunch of people they've never seen or talked to think just because they typed there name and a really poorly constructed sentence.

They lack legitimacy. Most people sign 2, 3, 4, a dozen times just to give the petition more signatures.

Idiots ruin the petition by writing IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT MAKES THEM FEEL SPECIAL!!!

Online petitions are made for the dumbest reasons including "Send William Hung to Hollywood."

"Free Todd Bertuzzi" is by far the most moronic. Free him for what, assaulting someone because he's an athlete? Because he is an athlete, he can beat the crap out of you and get away with it? Oh...real logical. The petition didn't even accomplish anything aside from annoying the hell out of everyone that didn't care and knew it wouldn't work.

The Kovalev petition: Oh yeah, the Habs Organization are going to spend millions and millions of dollars just because 100 people who can't even spell their name correctly signed a form on the internet.

You might as well get a 3rd grader to write up a petition because it'll be just as ineffective and incorrect.

If HW had more posts like that, it would be an incredibly strong forum.

[Edited on 2004/10/29 by Ribeiro]

Originally posted by Tony

By the way 30 thousand people signed the petition to keep Kovalev in Montreal. I don't think it was an online petition though.

No, it wasnt. It was RDS I am pretty sure who made that petition.

I'm not against the idea of petitions in general, I'm just against using a site like onlinepetition.com . Its got zero credibility.

• 2 weeks later...