NHL Jerseys

Ribeiro

This is a rant regarding NHL Jerseys and morons who market these. If you don't like my disparaging, but true posts on the NHL - I suggest that you do not read this. This is not directly at the game of hockey in general, but the NHL (and not the Habs).

Whether it'd be the NFL or NBA, if you wanted a jersey that said Johnson, Yao or Iverson on the back, it would be the same price as other replica/authentic jerseys. Why? The names are pre-printed on the back of the jerseys. Team shops on the internet usually sell the jerseys of their stars, so that customers won't have to pay more to get a number and name on the back. Smart, isn't it?

Then why does the NHL.com charge $50 more for someone to put "Koivu" or "Lemieux" on the back of their jersey? You'd think that they would've figured out that it would be more profitable to offer jerseys of popular players for the same price, like other leagues.

:nono:

[Edited on 2004/11/3 by Ribeiro]

i would essentially agree with your gripe... but c'mon, this is in part directed at the habs, who are equally bad about this as all the other teams.

Yup, sure sucks, but I dont even know if there is a point to getting a kovalev jersey yet, so I'm not so worried.

BTW - the teams do preprint some names, if you go to the store at the bell centre you can get named jerseys of the big guys... they just still charge more for them.

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by simonus]

BTW - the teams do preprint some names, if you go to the store at the bell centre you can get named jerseys of the big guys... they just still charge more for them.

I'm fully aware of that. But what stops them from doing the same on the team store online? And charging $10 more (or 0, like other leagues), for names of big players as opposed to $50?