Habs @ Bruins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ 263b1ba5.gif
25-10-6 for 56 points....................31-7-4 for 66 points
(4th East)...............................(1st East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Boston Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(67)Pacioretty - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (20)Lang - (74)S.Kostitsyn
(84)Latendresse - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos
(22)Begin - (28)Chipchura - (36)D'Agostini

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (26)Gorges
(51)Bouillon - (71)Brisebois

24778.jpg vs. 5588.jpg
Jaroslav Halak................Tim Thomas

TV: RDS, Versus
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have an idea of when BGL will be back? I think we are in for a tough test Tuesday without him. Lucic needs to be taught a lesson.....

Tomorrow night will be a big TEST and a tough one... I sure hope Carbo has them prepared ( maybe practicing the punching bag or something ).

I hope we can make it a payback game ...

Hey lewcheech we're coming for you, yeah you... lowlife

Tomorrow night will be a big TEST and a tough one... I sure hope Carbo has them prepared ( maybe practicing the punching bag or something ).

I hope we can make it a payback game ...

Hey lewcheech we're coming for you, yeah you... lowlife

it should be noted that if we had lucic on our team, he'd be the toast of the board.

That being said, I hope Komi knocks him out every time he gets near the offensive zone.

Not sure I want him anymore , from that "cheer fest " he pulled after knocking our boy KOMI.

We'll get a feel for who's on top of the East after tomorrow. It's a mid season golden game !

Let's give the boys a prayer or two so they can shut the bruin fans up

GHG

Edited by jrhabs

Not sure I want him anymore , from that "cheer fest " he pulled after knocking our boy KOMI.

considering we all love Lapierre and loved Nilan, I don't know how much we can get on another team's player for gratuitous displays.

This is a big test, but we have to be careful that we don't put too much stock in our passing or failing it. It's still only halfway through the season.

And really, it's a shame Laraque can't play, beating up Lucic or Chara is about his only use to this team.

What's your source on that? Without Lucic and Kessel, I have doubts about their ability to contend against us. They are getting good performances out of almost all of their roster and Thomas can steal games on a regular basis, but no matter how you slice it, Kessel has been a major part of their production. On top of that, Lucic's ability to get in the heads of our boys can really through them off.

Edited by ForumGhost

Has it been confirmed that Lucic won't play tonight??? Cause if Lucic isn't there and Kessel isn't there, I really like our chances.

I wish Big Georges was around...i'd feel alot more confident!

How far away is Koivu from game-action?

I heard last night on RDS that Both Koivu and price do not expect to be back before the All star break!

No Lucic, no Bergeron, no Kessel, no Ference...

Excellent!!!

Edited by Habsfan

The B's still have alot of talent, work ethic and dicipline, just because those guys are out doesn't mean the Habs have a walk over. If they play like they have lately they'll have a shot.

The B's are still the best in the league. To be the best, you have to beat the best.

Depending of the end of the season both team will have, this could be THE game of the season. We will face Boston twice again and we have to get this "mental avantage", we have to send them on a losing streak and continue our winning streak.

This is a MUST WIN game tonight !!!

and I work :wall:

The issue with the Bruins, from this lowly perspective, is how they move forward as the infirmary list grows. Montreal sunk at first, but once they found a rhythm (and when Komi got back) they re-established themselves and have become a once again consistent club. (Heck, they even have a power play!) Boston, on the other hand, are only just getting used to these injuries. Sure, they're still riding high, but is that adrenaline? Time will tell. The challenge on that club is to see whether or not their depth can ride out lengthy injury spells. Short-term most teams can cover the loss of a Bergeron at least to a degree. It's the long-term effects that really matter, though.

Montreal will be a serious test of Boston's resilience in the face of these new challenges. And meanwhile, Montreal has proved thus far that, not only can it meet these challenges positively, but they have the depth to excel.

The B's still have alot of talent, work ethic and dicipline, just because those guys are out doesn't mean the Habs have a walk over. If they play like they have lately they'll have a shot.

Exactly! With the loss of Lucic and Kessel, it evens things out a little. We have so many important players down to injury, it's nice to see the pooh-Bears have their own injuries to Key players!