Rushing back from injuries...

Ribeiro

Shocking! :o

I liked Zholtok as a habs. And I still liked him after he was a habs. I still remember being all riled up when Yaarko Ruutu took some cheap shots at him right after a concussion he had. Players like Ruutu is what makes me hate some NHL teams so much.

This is what I was disparaging in a different thread, playing with crazy injuries/health issues in the NHL. Did Zholtok ever get checked out by a Doctor? He was only sidelined during all of this? Hockey is tough, way too tough.

In the MLB or NBA, players rarely ever step onto the field/court if anything is wrong with them. Players have got to take care of themselves.

Rest in Peace, Sergei Zholtok.

Food for Thought:

Zholtok missed games a couple of times last year with mysterious health ailments that included dizziness and fatigue. After leaving a game in January 2003, he was kept in hospital overnight for observation. He eventually was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, or arrhythmia. Wild coach Jacques Lemaire was concerned.

``I don't think he's okay,'' Lemaire said at the time. After missing seven games, he was cleared to return to the lineup.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

This is what I was disparaging in a different thread, playing with crazy injuries/health issues in the NHL. Did Zholtok ever get checked out by a Doctor? He was only sidelined during all of this? Hockey is tough, way too tough.

As you yourself pointe out, of course he was checked by doctors. The doctors found out what was wrong, and felt that he was fine. I know of plenty of people who function perfectly fine with irregular heartbeats. Don't try to blame the NHL for Sergei's death. Players in all sports try to come back from injuries as soon as they are cleared to do so.

RIP Segei, and I apologize for this thread being sullied by this craziness.

Don't try to blame the NHL for Sergei's death. Players in all sports try to come back from injuries as soon as they are cleared to do so.

Not in the NBA. Players rarely ever rush back into games. Chris Weber is a superstar who is a perfect example of someone who'll take time to heal and rest, the same the Penny.

Isn't Shaq playing with a bad hammy? Doesn't AI play with injuries all the time?

Shaq plays with an injured toe last year. He wouldn't have had to, but he wanted to put off surgery.

AI is the exception, he will continue playing through injuries and logging the most time on the court.

Mike Bibby is another player who will take months off to heal from injury.

isnt alonzo mourning not supposed to be playing yet? The man had a kidney transplant!

I think he retired.

If you followed basketball as closely as you claim to, you would know that he was coming out of retirement. He didn't just show up on Tuesday and say, "Hey guys, I'm back." He planned this ever since he had his transplant, something that once again gave him the chance of playing ball again.

Alonzo wasn't sidelined with injuries, he had a disease that made it impossible for him to play basketball. In 2001, he temporarily had the disease beat, and he played an entire season. Then he relapsed and had to have a transplant. Now he has worked hard and gotten back into playing shape.

And I think drafting 'Zo in the late rounds is quite smart. I already have Shaq and Brad Miller at C, so I have room to take a risk. If he is unable to play significant minutes, oh well. But if he is able to play even half a season, he is a steal.