The Rant Thread

JoeLassister

Here's a rant:

What's up with the fu¢%ing one-word movie titles? Have you noticed that?! That's the fu¢%ing new Hollywood trend. Usually its just a verb. Knowing, Push, Taken, Fighting, Up, Duplicity, Notorious, Obsessed, Wanted, Jumper, Changeling, etc.

Have people become so fu¢%ing dumb studios exec think they can't remember titles that have two words or more? Or is it the studio execs that have become so fu¢%ing stupid and lazy their puny little brains self-implode when it's time to put two words or more together to christen a movie?

I only got one word for that new trend: Cretinizing!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a rant:

What's up with the fu¢%ing one-word movie titles? Have you noticed that?! That's the fu¢%ing new Hollywood trend. Usually its just a verb. Knowing, Push, Taken, Fighting, Up, Duplicity, Notorious, Obsessed, Wanted, Jumper, Changeling, etc.

Have people become so fu¢%ing dumb studios exec think they can't remember titles that have two words or more? Or is it the studio execs that have become so fu¢%ing stupid and lazy their puny little brains self-implode when it's time to put two words or more together to christen a movie?

I promise you, next summer, all the movies will be 2 words: Knowing 2, Push 2, Taken 2, ...

Here's a rant:

Braveheart, Casablanca, Scarface, Rocky, Alien, Aliens, Vertigo, Psycho, Jaws, Memento, Glory, the list goes one. It gets even longer if you include two word movies where the first word is an article (The Godfather, etc), since articles don't count for alphabetizing. If it's a trend, it's been around a dang long time.

Braveheart, Casablanca, Scarface, Rocky, Alien, Aliens, Vertigo, Psycho, Jaws, Memento, Glory, the list goes one. It gets even longer if you include two word movies where the first word is an article (The Godfather, etc), since articles don't count for alphabetizing. If it's a trend, it's been around a dang long time.

Yeah, but noticed all those films you mentions are mostly rare nouns or proper names.

Knowing? Taken? Push? Could it be anymore generic and nondescript? It's like they just closed their eyes and put their finger anywhere in the film script and chose that word.

I'm dreadfully awaiting the upcoming release of "Cooked", "Eaten" and "Shitting"

whats with all the corporate BS that changes brand names into abreviations??

RBK, KFC, fu.. even gatorade is named G nowadays...IT sucks

Rant number 2: how the fudge can I change my name ?? Marky and KOMI is no longer good. I want it changed to MAK !! :huh:

Bulis the Habbie, Makaskill and Jean luc Pilon changed theirs. HELP ME OUT PLEASE !!

food for thought: if Tim Horton companies changed its name for THC Id buy more coffee !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

Rant number 2: how the fudge can I change my name ?? Marky and KOMI is no longer good. I want it changed to MAK !! :huh:

Bulis the Habbie, Makaskill and Jean luc Pilon changed theirs. HELP ME OUT PLEASE !!

PM sakiqc about it.

food for thought: if Tim Horton companies changed its name for THC Id buy more coffee !!

Dunno about coffee, but their muffins sale would increase a freaking lot !!!

To be fair, Kentucky Fried Chicken was widely known as KFC before it was "cool."

Yeah, that's because they are not allowed to call it "chicken" anymore by law... well in the Canada...

Yeah, that's because they are not allowed to call it "chicken" anymore by law... well in the Canada...

Huh? Even on the picture on the KFC Canada website, the building has "Kentucky Fried Chicken" on it...

P.S. Holy Crap! They deliver KFC in Canada!?!?!

:lol:  Funny

It's because the state of Kentucky has "branded" the name of "Kentucky" and it now costs $$$ to use the name. The Kentucky Derby changed name also for that reason.

Heck no. Pizza and Chinese food are about the only things that get delivered here. I've never heard of a fast food place delivering in my life.

Haha, we have third party places here that'll deliver anything. I mean, KFC does it on their own but you can literally get anything you want delivered here. Just gotta know where to look.

Laziness + Fast Food. A wonderful combination, eh?

Huh? Even on the picture on the KFC Canada website, the building has "Kentucky Fried Chicken" on it...

P.S. Holy Crap! They deliver KFC in Canada!?!?!

:lol: I was just kidding. But seriously, it might be the worst resto ever. Everyone I personnaly know don't go there since like 10 years + .

I am effing pissed off at MusicToday ticketing services. They handle the pre-sale for Trans-Siberian Orchestra concerts. I had freaking FRONT ROW SEATS in my cart and when I went to check out, it said my time had expired, even though I still had over a minute left on the timer they had on screen. Not only did I get screwed out of front row seats because of that, all of the pre-sale tickets were gone by the time I was able to search for more. All year my friends and I planned for these floor seats from the pre-sale. Now the first probably dozen or so rows are sold out. CRAP!

Rant retracted. I tried again about half an hour later and was able to get seats. We're in row 3 right, right on the aisle next to the center section. That's probably better than the front row seats, which were all the way on the end of the stage. I think a more central view will be much better.

:lol: I was just kidding. But seriously, it might be the worst resto ever. Everyone I personnaly know don't go there since like 10 years + .

Working summers a number of years back I had the misfortune of renovating a KFC...we pulled their ventilation out and the inside of it had about 1.5 inches of gooey grease caked around the inside of it, and the fans were sealed shut from the grease. The perfect analogy of what it does to your arteries.

Oh, and I still eat it from time to time...lol.

2 reasons: 1) best fast food chicken sandwich on the market - Big Crunch.

2) you can order a bucket and just eat the skin because that batter is so damn good.

Yup, I know exactly what you're thinking. And I don't care.

• 2 years later...

###### you NHL schedule guy who put the Habs - Philly game at 3pm for black friday when there is a Tampa - Florida game (with TWO AMERICAN TEAMS) at 7:30pm.

Should have been them at 3pm idiot !!!