HW Version 2 Finally Launched

We are very pleased to launch the 2nd version of the HW website. I hope you'll like it. Any suggestion is welcome. There is 8 available language. The Polish flag still has to be added. We don't have czech and finnish language files yet.

I want to thanks specially Luc (spathe) of Hexec.com from Quebec with his tremendous programming work. Also a great thanks to stefan campagna of Toronto who really help us out with the design. And to the last minute, but appreciated help of Necro from Geneva with the css help.

And I want to thanks all the HW collaborators who help me out for the release, specially Jake Wilson / puck7x and Brian La Rose /dlbalr

Now that V2 is up, it's time for NHL to start!!

[Edited on 2004-11-9 by sakiqc]

[Edited on 2004-12-29 by puck7x]

Originally posted by sakiqc

We are very pleased to launch the 2nd version of the HW website. I hope you'll like it. Any suggestion is welcome. There is 8 available language. The Polish flag still has to be added. We don't have czech and finnish language files yet.  

I want to thanks specially spathe from Quebc with his tremendous programming work. Also a great thanks to stefan campagna of Toronto who really help us out with the design. And to the last minute, but appreciated help of Necro from Geneva with the css help.  

And I want to thanks all the HW collaborators who help me out for the release, specially Jake Wilson / puck7x and Brian La Rose /dlbalr

Now that V2 is up, it's time for NHL to start!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Thank you sakiqc and spathe! Obviously none of this would have been possible without either of you. You've spent countless hours working on this site, and you've produced something great.

Thanks to everyone who had a part in making v2 a reality as well.

:hlogo:

Originally posted by Macaskill

Nyce!, Liking it a lot. Gotta get used to a slightly new navigation of it all, but lookin spiffy :wink:

Great!

The navigation may be new, but its better and easy to navigate then before imo. For instance, need to check something out in a player bio? Click the "Team" menu ontop and then click players... Bio's are in the right panel. Want to read the latest editorials? click the "coverage" menu, then click editiorials.

v2 still has to be tweaked a bit... it will only improve.

• 1 month later...

V2 Update tonight...

- New Banners promoting in-site content

- New Wallpapers (As mentioned by sakiqc in another thread)

- Frontpage "Latest Links" are now seperated into 2 categories ... "today" and "archive. This makes it easier for visitors to see which links are new to them.

- Dates added next to "Habsworld Headline" articles text on frontpage

- Plus some control-panel bug fixes for the collabs

Great work again by sakiqc/spathe. Thanks guys!

[Edited on 2004-12-17 by puck7x]

• 4 weeks later...

More V2 Important Updates this weekend

- Navigation inter-language improved. (we have problems with the Russian version. will be replaced by a Polish version)

- Revamped Stats section

- Revamped Tables style

- Revamped Prospects section (still in progress)

- New players links feature into articles

More thing coming next:

- New headers (for those who are sick to always see Bégin lol;) )

- Languages version updated

We still need reliable collaborators:

- To help with the Legends section

- To write Habs Euro reports

- To translate stuff

if you want to help, email us

m.gauthier@habsworld.net or j.wilson@habsworld.net