Who the Habs need?

KoZed

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had Julien, he was run out of town.

I would call Vancouver. I would offer Pleks, Higgins and O'Byrne for Kessler and Bieksa.

This team needs some grit, attitude adjustment and someone who play play in the defensive zone.

I would move Kovalev to whoever will take him.

That's a start anyway, in 2 weeks if things are going poorly, i eject a few more UFA's.

They had Julien, he was run out of town.

I would call Vancouver. I would offer Pleks, Higgins and O'Byrne for Kessler and Bieksa.

This team needs some grit, attitude adjustment and someone who play play in the defensive zone.

I would move Kovalev to whoever will take him.

That's a start anyway, in 2 weeks if things are going poorly, i eject a few more UFA's.

You won't see Bieksa leave the Nucks for that. Bieksa is to Vancouver as Marki and Komi are to Habs. They love him there. They would want a roster defenseman. I think that a trade with Pitsburgh could have potential. Stall would cost a hell of a lot more than Kovy straight up though. Probably Kovy and a top prospect.

Rebuild the identity of the team.

Kovalev for a strong 2-way 3rd line ctr., especially one who mixes it up. toughness, grit, some o ability but not the overriding prerequisite.

Koivu to Minny in the off-season for one of their d-men. It has never worked with Koivu as 'C', whatever the circumstances, and it never will.

Off-season trade for LeCavalier. Prospects, Higgins, Plex, whoever.

gaborik and/or kovalchuk

kovalev, sergei k, higgins can play C

NOne of those guys can play centre at the NHL level. Thats why they are wingers. NOne of them can win faceoffs at the NHL level.

If I were Gainey, I might be looking at Gaborik. Considering his injury problem and UFA status, the price couldn't be that high... But if the gamble pays off, we have an elite offensive winger for the playoffs.

Hes Minnesotas franchise player, of course the price will be high. At least a roster player a prospect and atleast a 1st rounder....and thats just for starters.

And hes soft and can't stay on the ice. Not worth it

Somebody mentioned Chris Neil. That would be a fantastic pickup since Ottawa probably can't afford him next year anyways. The only problem is the price might get driven up by other GMs

Edited by kaos

NOne of those guys can play centre at the NHL level. Thats why they are wingers. NOne of them can win faceoffs at the NHL level.

Hes Minnesotas franchise player, of course the price will be high. At least a roster player a prospect and atleast a 1st rounder....and thats just for starters.

And hes soft and can't stay on the ice. Not worth it

Somebody mentioned Chris Neil. That would be a fantastic pickup since Ottawa probably can't afford him next year anyways. The only problem is the price might get driven up by other GMs

I would suspect the price for Gaborik is declining by the day. As for Neil, great guy to have, probably not coming to Montreal from a div rival.

I would suspect the price for Gaborik is declining by the day. As for Neil, great guy to have, probably not coming to Montreal from a div rival.

No way is the price for Gaborik declining. I wondering if his contract asking price maybe is? He was asking for like $8 Million or something. As for Neil. If Montreal is willing to pay the most, Ottawa wil ship him there. Chances are he will not be here in the offseason, and the Grabovski to Toronto dispells the not in your own division rule. Ottawa will take the best deal regardless division

No way is the price for Gaborik declining. I wondering if his contract asking price maybe is? He was asking for like $8 Million or something.

Actually, Apparently, Gaborik's agent was looking for 9 million$ per year on a very LONG TERM contract!

In my opinion, no way is gaborik worth Malkin/Ovechkin/Crosby money. True, the guy has talent, but he's injury prone, and seems to be a cancer in the dressing room. We don't need people like him on our team!

Actually, Apparently, Gaborik's agent was looking for 9 million$ per year on a very LONG TERM contract!

In my opinion, no way is gaborik worth Malkin/Ovechkin/Crosby money. True, the guy has talent, but he's injury prone, and seems to be a cancer in the dressing room. We don't need people like him on our team!

To be fair to Gaborik, those other players were able to get rid of their initial coaches and quit blaming them for their team's problems. Gabby just can't escape Lemaire.

When healthy, Gabroik scores very close to the pace of Heatley and Kovalchuk, and more often than Rick Nash. Of course, that's only "when healthy".

When healthy, Gabroik scores very close to the pace of Heatley and Kovalchuk, and more often than Rick Nash. Of course, that's only "when healthy".

Agreed, but what good is it to pay a guy 8 or 9 million$ per year, when you know the best you'll get out of him is 50-55 games and about 30 to 35 goals?? 5 maybe 6 million$ per year would be acceptable, but not the 8 to 9 million$ per year he's looking for. If he were to put up two consecutive seasons of 70+ games and 40+ goals, then I'd say that he'd be worth the Crosby/Ovechkin/malkin money...but until then, I'm not convinced!

We need J-Bo. Plain and simple. BG knows that, and he's trying. If he can't get Bouwmeester, he'll move down the list and look at Kaberle, etc.

If there is an upgrade, I think BG will try for an upgrade on Defence before an upgrade on offense, plain and simple.

Anyone remember the top two lines of the team that scored the most goals in the NHL last season?

Andrei - Plex - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Sergei

The problem with this season is that the first line is not going. Even then, we're not doing bad at all: we're right with everyone in the goal scoring department, except for Boston, SJ and Detroit. As soon as Kovalev gets going, that line will get going. We simply need the help that a guy like Jbo would give: better D, and offense. That will put us over the hump. After that, it's up to Carbo and the players to perform in the playoffs.

Help at D would go way farther to helping this team than help at Forward. We need Jay Bouwmeester. Plain and simple.

I think they're shopping Pronger, but i don't know if they have the guts to move him, considering the rest of their Dmen are free agents and he's signed until next season. He would make an unreal addition to the Habs, probably as good if not better than Bouwmeester in the short term, however I think BG is shying away from contract commitments beyond this season.

I think if Pronger would come for a reasonable price, and BG was feeling ballsy, he could get him, use him for the playoff run and trade him in the off-season.

Is this players that the canadiens can realistically get? I'm going to assume so and say yes.

I'm going to pretend that i am Bob Gainey for this season and the offseason...during the season

I am going to say Higgins and Plekanec, 2 1st round Picks for JayBo (with a conditional signing of 2 years in Montreal)

Sign Emelin over the Summer

Sign PK Subban to a Contract

Let Breezer Retire, Let Cube Walk, Let Dandy Walk, Buy Out Begin, Kostopoulis

Resign Lang for a One Year Deal

Resign Kovalev

Let Koivu Walk to free agency if nothing can be done or trade him to Minnesota to play with Mikko

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=19335 ...Anybody Remember this guy? He would probably sign for a reasonable amount, and Voila...you have a solid Line Morozov-Lang-Kovalev

Sign Matthew Lombardi or Antoine Vermette for the right Price

Sign Greg Stewart

...I think if the Canadiens do this...they will be just fine and will really have taken a serious step forward

that would make the lineup look something like this

Morozov-Lang-AK27

AK46-Lombardi-Pacioretty

Lats-Vermette-SK74

Stewart-Lapierre-Diago

Now that is 4 Lines that Can Score right there!! (Keep Laraque for grit games...however our Blueline would look DAMN good and tough)

Markov-JayBo

Hammer-Komisarek

Emelin-Gorges

Obyrne

And then i woke up :lol: :lol: Ps: Salary Cap wise I think i would be royally F'ed LOL

Edited by l<OV4L3V