Henry Sent Back to Hamilton

Fanpuck33

It's not like Henry was fighting any better than Kostopoulos or anyone else. He got beat pretty easily in both of his fights. He landed maybe a combined three punches.

As for his "honor system," that's the instigator rule. We don't want him getting ejected every time he wants to fight someone, or we'd be playing with 11 forwards all the time. The only time you want him getting an instigator is if there is something big to retaliate for.

It's not like Henry was fighting any better than Kostopoulos or anyone else. He got beat pretty easily in both of his fights. He landed maybe a combined three punches.

As for his "honor system," that's the instigator rule. We don't want him getting ejected every time he wants to fight someone, or we'd be playing with 11 forwards all the time. The only time you want him getting an instigator is if there is something big to retaliate for.

say like when the Habs were down 6-1 to the Bruins and the Hunchback (Lucic) was gloating and taunting the Montreal bench after he beat K-Rex in a fight?

Edited by Spider-Man NL

Note that I don't think Laraque has played in a game Lucic was in since then.

He was in the very next game against the Bruins, and he spent the entire first period tailing Lucic. Lucic wouldn't fight him, but more importantly he was a complete non-factor while Georges was shadowing him. They came out in the second period without him shadowing Lucic and he responded with a goal. Call me crazy, but if they'd let Laraque shadow him the whole game and he is successful, I think getting in Lucic's head would do a lot more than a fight could.

He was in the very next game against the Bruins, and he spent the entire first period tailing Lucic. Lucic wouldn't fight him, but more importantly he was a complete non-factor while Georges was shadowing him. They came out in the second period without him shadowing Lucic and he responded with a goal. Call me crazy, but if they'd let Laraque shadow him the whole game and he is successful, I think getting in Lucic's head would do a lot more than a fight could.

I agree, but that was also the game that Laraque re-aggravated his injury, so I think Carbo quit having Goerges shadow Lucic out of concern for his health.

I hope he's 100% now. There's nothing worse than a goon playing through an injury. Well, I guess a goalie doing the same probably is.

It's not like Henry was fighting any better than Kostopoulos or anyone else.

If Kosto faught Godard he would have woken up in the hospital bed. Henry is 10 times the fighter Kosto is.

I would actually love that.

When this team has a fighter dressed I want him to be out 5 minutes a couple times a game and even get kicked out once ina while.

Last night they were double shifting Sergei and Patches and it was awesome, those guys need more minutes.

I love having a guys dressed that plays 4-6 minutes.

How do you figure this? It's the best fighting we've seen from any habs this season, including Laraque. Probably the best fighting anyone's done for us since Souray left. Both fights were very long and they were against good fighters.

How do you figure this? It's the best fighting we've seen from any habs this season, including Laraque. Probably the best fighting anyone's done for us since Souray left. Both fights were very long and they were against good fighters.

And how do you figure this?

- Alex Henry lost to both Thornton and Godard.

- Georges Laraque beat Thornton, pounded Fedoruk, destroyed Gratton, and treated Peters like a rag doll. Only fight he's lost was to Fritz in NY.

Length, by itself, does not make a fight good. Henry lost both fights by a significant margin. He couldn't land a punch to save his life. Grappling with a guy for a minute without landing punches is not good. If you noticed, Henry had a nice shiner, while the only injury his opponents suffered was sore hands.

He got a couple of shots in early on Thornton, but the longer it went the more it went to Thornton. Thornton and Godard are two of the best fighters in the NHL, particularily Godard, so kudos on him for not completely embarassing himself.

"Winning" fights is generally overrated. The point is moreso to show up in the fights. Obviously, if you get your butt kicked, that's tough, but if it's a "let's give that one to Godard" it's not really a big deal. The amount of people that can beat Godard in a fight you can probably count on one hand. We've got one of those guys.

I didn't get to see much of henry, but the guy dropped the gloves on two seperate occasions, and that is worth something..imo!

Big George is back, and just having him on the ice, will calm things down for other teams. Now that big George is at 100%(according to what he said in an interview yesterday) I expect him to be able to keep up and make sure that nobody takes any cheap shots at whats left of our "star" players!!!

It'll be nice to have Laraque back, but probably don't have to worry about Buffalo too much. Andrew Peters is a light weight and other than that Buffalo is softer and faster like Montreal.

Laraque will come in handy Saturday against the Leafs and on them on that west coast swing.

It'll be nice to have Laraque back, but probably don't have to worry about Buffalo too much. Andrew Peters is a light weight and other than that Buffalo is softer and faster like Montreal.

Laraque will come in handy Saturday against the Leafs and on them on that west coast swing.

Peters is a bigger heavyweight than anyone the Leafs have. I assume Dandy will play one of the two games and Laraque will play the other, since they're both supposedly ready to play.

For the Leafs, we probably only need Sergei to fight. :lol:

:unsure: Um, Peters is bigger than Laraque...

Peters is the worst fighter in the NHL. Kinda follows the lines of Rob Ray. Must run in the organization. And besides hes not a big as he used to be. HE dumped a bunch of weight a few years back to get more incetime in Buffalo. But they don't adjust his weight in the programs or anywhere else. Kinda like players who are 5'6 but are listed as 5'11''.\

I've been to about a dozen Sabres games this year. He's junk

Edited by kaos

I can't stand the way the goon game has gone. Back in the 70s and 80s it was more rare to have two goons discuss fighting each other. Usually the goon (Dave Schultz style guy) would get pissed for hitting a star, and would go after him. The purpose of an enforcer is to calm down Begin style player on the other team.

It was more like this. Goon's team is losing...goon crushes good player...goon waits for someone to come stand up for his teammate,,,goon wins fight...momentum to goon's team, cuz they can crush the other team without fear of getting slaughtered. This works a lot better when said goon is actually on the ice. Like Tiger Williams or Nilan. Those guys actually played hockey for more than 3 minutes. Who would you rather have? Boogard or Clutterbuck? I choose Clutterbuck, because he can play hockey. I still say the best goon in the league is Brashear. At least he can play hockey.

And how do you figure this?

- Alex Henry lost to both Thornton and Godard.

- Georges Laraque beat Thornton, pounded Fedoruk, destroyed Gratton, and treated Peters like a rag doll. Only fight he's lost was to Fritz in NY.

Length, by itself, does not make a fight good. Henry lost both fights by a significant margin. He couldn't land a punch to save his life. Grappling with a guy for a minute without landing punches is not good. If you noticed, Henry had a nice shiner, while the only injury his opponents suffered was sore hands.

and how do u figure the contrary... plus your rhetoric is unfounded and extremely judgmental. yes he might not have won the fights, yes he didnt land knockout punches but he stayed on his feet at all times was he applauded by the commentators and the team ... and more importantly he did land punches and he did take punches and stood up!! thats what makes or breaks the team morale! Dish it I will take it and give u some!

what more can u expect form a player who on average plays for 10 times less $$ then Thornton and Godard!

sorry buds but ur comments smell!!

and how do u figure the contrary... plus your rhetoric is unfounded and extremely judgmental. yes he might not have won the fights, yes he didnt land knockout punches but he stayed on his feet at all times was he applauded by the commentators and the team ... and more importantly he did land punches and he did take punches and stood up!! thats what makes or breaks the team morale! Dish it I will take it and give u some!

what more can u expect form a player who on average plays for 10 times less $$ then Thornton and Godard!

sorry buds but ur comments smell!!

Watch Laraque's fights and then watch Henry's fights. Then come back and tell me which were better and which did a better job of firing up the team. You can't honestly tell me that none of Laraque's fights from this year are better than Henry's fights. Seriously, count the punches that Henry missed and the ones that actually land.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Henry. He came up and did what was asked of him. There's nothing wrong with that. Ok, my comment about his fighting not being any better than Kostopoulos went a little too far. He certainly lasted longer than Kosto, but he sure didn't inflict any more damage. Henry's fights weren't bad, but they weren't good either.

Just wondering, when do players NOT applaud a teammate after a fight?

P.S. Henry's AHL salary is 200,000 and his NHL salary is 500,000. Thornton makes 500,000 and Godard make 750,000. So even using Henry's AHL salary, since that is what he usually earns, neither player makes even four times as much as his.