Habs @ Flames | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I'm sick of these heartless, gutless, spineless, weak, limp-dick, brain-dead, trash-puke losers.

:puke:

Good article from Eric Duhatscheck for those in need of some perspective-- which includes almost everyone on the board at the mo'

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/...ortsHockey/home

PS: After Calgary, I will NEVER be the first poster in a game thread again

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, these guys suck. I guess you can't blame Price for that one. Anyway, although goaltending has been shakey of late it is not the problem, they are hung out to dry all night long.

The defense is so bad, i can't even figure out what they are doing out there. They definitely had more turnovers then shots on goal. They can't put 2 passes together.

The work ethic is emabarassing, a far cry from last year. I thought Pacioretty and Halak played hard, Hamrlik wasn't bad.

They stopped blocking shots, going into corners, won't take a hit to make a play, shy away from confrontation, they are mentally weak and look like a team trying to get a coach fired. Unfortunately for those guys Gc is staying, so hopefully BG starts to dismantle the vets including Koivu and start getting some picks and young assessts in return. My list of "core" guys is quickly shrinking.

I think it's safe to say they won't be making the playoffs, so they closer to getting Tavares, add a couple of first rounders by shipping off players and they start getting some talent on the roster.

They'll have planty of money in the offseason, Boumeester should be the # guy they look at.

Good article from Eric Duhatscheck for those in need of some perspective-- which includes almost everyone on the board at the mo'

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/...ortsHockey/home

PS: After Calgary, I will NEVER be the first poster in a game thread again

The 1986 Habs had: Gainey, Robinson, Tremblay, Carbonneau, Nilan, McPhee, Walter, Ludwig, Skrudland, Naslund, Smith, Lemieux, Roy, Chelios: all fierced competitors who hated -- and I mean HATED -- to lose and were ready to go through a brick wall to win.

I can count on 1 hand the players on the team right now that compares with those above. Komisarek, Lapierre, Kosto, Begin, Pacioretty... that's about all.

The 1986 Habs had: Gainey, Robinson, Tremblay, Carbonneau, Nilan, McPhee, Walter, Ludwig, Skrudland, Naslund, Smith, Lemieux, Roy, Chelios: all fierced competitors who hated -- and I mean HATED -- to lose and were ready to go through a brick wall to win.

I can count on 1 hand the players on the team right now that compares with those above. Komisarek, Lapierre, Kosto, Begin, Pacioretty... that's about all.

I think you can put Koivu on that list...jmho...much as some people have been dismayed with Koivu at times the past season, or two, the guy gives it his all...

The differences come from the fact that guys like Gainey, Robinson, Nilan, McPhee, Lemieux, Chelios, etc, etc were all hard-nosed and could play with a fair amount of grit AND back it up too...and most of those names could PLAY too. The NHL today seems to have divided itself into 3 groups...the finesse guys and the gritty guys with limited skill make up WAY to large of a group while the guys who bring the whole package are too small of a group. All the added expansion has diluted the game and every team has these problems in most years...

I think you can put Koivu on that list...jmho...much as some people have been dismayed with Koivu at times the past season, or two, the guy gives it his all...

The differences come from the fact that guys like Gainey, Robinson, Nilan, McPhee, Lemieux, Chelios, etc, etc were all hard-nosed and could play with a fair amount of grit AND back it up too...and most of those names could PLAY too. The NHL today seems to have divided itself into 3 groups...the finesse guys and the gritty guys with limited skill make up WAY to large of a group while the guys who bring the whole package are too small of a group. All the added expansion has diluted the game and every team has these problems in most years...

I didnt put Koivu in the list, not because he's not hard-nosed, but because he just, how could I put this... Koivu just has no impact on the game anymore. Naslund & Smith werent particularly hard-nosed, but they were clutch players, they could be go-to guys in crunch time. I just can't put Saku in that category.

I am as pissed off as everyone on this board but guys its a hockey game. The sun will rise and life will go on. Bob and Guy need to get this club back on track, they have lost their way only temporarily I hope. We aren't going to start a new rebuild at this stage. We just spent 5 years building this team. And it is very close to being a very good team. Trust the boys running this team ad we will be ok. But dammit it is time to do something. :wall:

Patience, patience, patience....

Montreal will be better with a little practice. The first period that I saw was not that bad.

Even though happiness is not in my heart for this season I will cheer the team on. I even kept my RDS sub and only watch the good periods. If they play bad, I turn off the TV.

I will never feel bad about losing to Calgary as the flames are a good squad. Go Habs...