Johnnyhasbeen has left the building

I have been posting on this site for a few seasons now. Yes, I have been known to piss people off at times with my comments. Yes, I am an opinionated, old school, no helmet, no teeth hockey guy. Yes, I like to fight and like fighting in hockey. Yes, I believe my country is superior to others at this game. Yes, I have been known to personally attack others, but the record will show that every one of them made a comment about me first.

However, when my comments, I called someone a sissy pant wearing pansy, after he called me an idiot mind you, get wiped out by mods I take that as a form of censorship and being a Canadian, I do not take that lightly. It is a shame, but I will now join the ranks of the departed. I am on a quest to find a new site that has more open views and where censorship is considered wrong. Again, I have never attacked anyone from this site who didn’t throw the first punch. If y’all don’t want to be name called, stop calling people idiots for expressing their opinions. That is what these sites are for and nobody’s opinion is right or wrong, they are opinions.

Johnny has left the building!

I have been posting on this site for a few seasons now. Yes, I have been known to piss people off at times with my comments. Yes, I am an opinionated, old school, no helmet, no teeth hockey guy. Yes, I like to fight and like fighting in hockey. Yes, I believe my country is superior to others at this game. Yes, I have been known to personally attack others, but the record will show that every one of them made a comment about me first.

However, when my comments, I called someone a sissy pant wearing pansy, after he called me an idiot mind you, get wiped out by mods I take that as a form of censorship and being a Canadian, I do not take that lightly. It is a shame, but I will now join the ranks of the departed. I am on a quest to find a new site that has more open views and where censorship is considered wrong. Again, I have never attacked anyone from this site who didn't throw the first punch. If y'all don't want to be name called, stop calling people idiots for expressing their opinions. That is what these sites are for and nobody's opinion is right or wrong, they are opinions.

While it is unfortunate to lose a regular poster, I want to go on record as supporting the mods. This is a public site and freedom of speech does not convey the right to say anything anywhere. Calling some one an "idiot" isn't nice but it is not the same as making homophobic slurs.

Edited by Peter Puck

While it is unfortunate to lose a regular poster, I want to go on record as supporting the mods. This is a public site and freedom of speech does not convey the right to say anything anywhere. Calling some one an "idiot" isn't nice but it is not the same as making homophobic slurs.

I've left in the past over heavy-handed, seemingly "pick and choose" modding that occurs on the site. Being a mod in the past (very briefly here, until I disagreed with a more senior mod and was booted, and on other forums) I can say it is difficult to weed through all of the posts to ensure the rules of the forums are being followed.

I'm still not overly thrilled with the moderating on the site, and due to that, have restricted my posting to the Habs Talk forum only, and even then, I make sure I don't have a "strong" opinion about anything. In fact,

I'm still not overly thrilled with the moderating on the site, and due to that, have restricted my posting to the Habs Talk forum only, and even then, I make sure I don't have a "strong" opinion about anything. In fact,

very postmodern.

Instead of dropping to the other person's level, why not report personal attacks? You of all people know that personal attacks get reported to the mods and are taken care of. Warning and suspending members for attacks isn't censorship, it's maintaining civility. This forum is a place for fans to talk about hockey and various other things, it is not a place for people to attack each other.

If you're never going to learn that personal attacks on HabsWorld are unacceptable, then I say good riddance.

P.S. Gotta love how you assume that just because your retaliation gets shot down means the person who started it didn't get anything.

Actually the one very good aspect of Habsworld is that the moderating seems to keep the extreme hostility out. If someone calls you an idiot, it is due to their brain cramp set in by having watched the Ribero chicken dance when he played for the Habs and faked injury.

I have enjoyed the arguements here and realize I need my Habsworld front page news!

The reason people leave is mostly due to not being in the click or an arguement gone too far. If someone drives you crazy here ignore them, it works. ^_^

I've left in the past over heavy-handed, seemingly "pick and choose" modding that occurs on the site. Being a mod in the past (very briefly here, until I disagreed with a more senior mod and was booted, and on other forums) I can say it is difficult to weed through all of the posts to ensure the rules of the forums are being followed.

Well, mods dont always agree with each other.

Personally if it was left to me, the entire word filter would be thrown in the fire, I have no problems with #### or . But those boundaries are relative depending on individuals. I've been stripped of my mod status in the last playoffs because my lucky sig was deemed too "sexually explicit":

yvonneftw.gif

I can understand the point of view of someone who thinks it's too risqué, wither I agree with it or not is an entirely different matter. There's one guy who's paying all the bills (server, domain name, etc), so he deserves to make all the rules. Mods have to follow. I'd expect the same if it was me in that position.

However, when my comments, I called someone a sissy pant wearing pansy, after he called me an idiot mind you, get wiped out by mods I take that as a form of censorship and being a Canadian, I do not take that lightly. It is a shame, but I will now join the ranks of the departed. I am on a quest to find a new site that has more open views and where censorship is considered wrong. Again, I have never attacked anyone from this site who didn’t throw the first punch. If y’all don’t want to be name called, stop calling people idiots for expressing their opinions. That is what these sites are for and nobody’s opinion is right or wrong, they are opinions.

you're right that the guy who called you an idiot had no right to do so. you should have reported him and stop there.

you had no right yourself to insult him either. mods are there to extinguish fires, we expect that you do not fuel them.

• 2 weeks later...

What can I say, I missed tormenting you guys too much, plus I head out to sea for the rest of the season on Saturday and this will be my only link to hockey news, unless you consider TSN coverage. We get ESPN International out there, soccer and aussie football mostly.

Oh, I entered through the backdoor, because it feels so good!

Edited by johnnyhasbeen