Habs @ Oilers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kostitsyn and Plex have been horrid. All they've done is give the puck away or take stupid penalties. Carbo absolutely must do something about those two. A flogging, perhaps.

Kovy is so stoned...

By the way.. that is what I call good goaltending...

And how many breakaways, chances from the slot, screens and rebounds has Roloson faced again?

Give me a break. A goalie who tosses his glove out and is fortunate to have it hit his palm in a 7-2 game

is what you call good goaltending?

Do yourself a favour and contrast Roloson's stats in Minnesota to his stats in Edmonton. S-Y-S-T-E-M.

Offense is not the problem on this team

Offense on 5on5 is good, they create chances. Defense in our zone is the real problem. Rebounds, turnovers, missed opportunities to clear the zone, softness, etc.

But a PP with a % that low is an offensive problem for sure.

It may not be "the" problem, but it certainly is "a" problem.

It is when it never gets the team any momentum or never strikes back after an ugly goal allowed.

Too many forwards just dont skate. They think they have 12 feet long sticks and can poke-check their way out of physical contact. Either they never bother to get to a loose puck, or won't skate it out... and when they manage to do both, they take so much time there's always a guy on them to take the puck away from them.

Just plain ol' laziness.

You're right...it's offense, defense, and goaltending; this team has hit the trifecta of suckery!!! :puke:

Edited by sbhatt

That 'chance' by Bouillion summed it up. Great position, shoots hard...and a clear sightline for Roloson. Too easy.

They put their 4th line on the PP, we are unable to clear the front, unable to direct traffic, unable to pressure the point. A deflection, goal.

The whole lot of them blow. If they start redoing the team now for next year, I'm in favour 100%. Boowemeister and Pronger; LeCavalier and Dubinsky. Take whoever you want (except maybe 4 or 5). Lapierre as Captain, 3rd-line ctr. Keep Price, fire Melanson (bathwater/baby thing methinks). Anyway, fantasy stuff I know but after watching that 'exhibition', who can blame me?

And how many breakaways, chances from the slot, screens and rebounds has Roloson faced again?

Give me a break. A goalie who tosses his glove out and is fortunate to have it hit his palm in a 7-2 game

is what you call good goaltending?

Do yourself a favour and contrast Roloson's stats in Minnesota to his stats in Edmonton. S-Y-S-T-E-M.

LOL, for the record, last year you were on a rampage that Huet was the problem and not poor defense... Huet needed to make the big save, that was why the team collapsed.. Huet was down too early, that is why the sniped shot to the top corner went in on him.. Price is the savior.. blah blah

I agree the defense sucks, so does Price (lately).

Roloson faced lots of good shots tonight, don't kid yourself. Price was hung out to dry on several, but several were just plain bad. You are the only one I know who thinks Price is playing fine.. No one is claiming that he is the only problem, but come on.. he is not saving much at all.. there are at least two stinkers a game since he came back..

As for your Mason example, that team was twice as many GAA before he came in and they had no shutouts..His SV% was significantly better then the other goalies. They had a great segment on how it was MASON, and not their system that was the difference..

Certainly a good system will help a goalie and make them look better, but are you seriously saying that Price is playing fine? That his sub-800 save percentage is all about the team? That he looks as sharp as he did two months ago????

Is so, there is no point arguing with you.. you are in severe denial.. are you sure you are not related to him?

To be fair to Wamsley, I don't think he is absolving Price. He is stating that the problems run much, much deeper than Price's poor play of late. And the Habs play a style where the goalie is 'hung out to dry' on several occasions, needing top-shelf performances every night: that is more a criticism of the system than of a 20-year old goalie who is neither Plante, nor Dryden, nor Roy.

But he has sucked lately.

Wow, I've never seen fans turn on each other so much and so often as of late. I understand everyones frustration but is it really necessary to shit all over each others opinions regarding who's fault it is? Does it really matter? The team is not winning- what is the point in arguing about why? Reading this forum lately is painful, if you have nothing constructive to add to a thread why not just log off and come back tomorrow? People should really go back and read their posts from Aug-Nov, there appears to be some very manic posters on this forum. Did people actually believe this team was going to coast into the playoffs this year? If so your unrealistic/overhyped expectations are what you should be angry with. This is a very young team that is riddled with injuries, I really can't comprehend these foolish expectations that people had.