NHL Awards 2003 HW Pool (Habinator Wins!)

puck7x

Just a reminder... NHL Awards show is tomorrow , you have until RIGHT before they start to enter the 2003 NHL Awards pool....

BTW : The pool will NOT be updated-live because of the Hamilton Bulldogs game which is on at the same time :)

Message original :  Habs77

Booooo!!

Already 0 for 1... Naslund got the Pearson, I had Forsberg.

Just great.  :mad:

argh same for me

i had naslund for the "league" MVP, forsberg for the "players" MVP

A recap of so the awards so far...

Crappy opening performance by some guy named Buck-65...

Winners ...

Pearson - Naslund

Calder - Jackman

Masterton - Yzerman

Vezina - Brodeur

Byng - Mogilny

Selke - Lehtinen

Jack Adams - Lemaire

Norris - Lidstrom

Hart - Forsberg

http://puck7x.netfirms.com/sksb/stuff/award_picks.htm

Habinator wins! 7 correct picks out of 9

Congrats to Habinator!

:clap::clap::clap:

Habinator - 7

Gohabs/Huzer - 6

Puck/Q60/Aussie/Markov/Dlbalr - 5

Sakiqc - 4

Dalhabs - 3

Habby/Habs77 - 2

First Team All-Stars

Naslund - Forsberg - Bertuzzi

MacInnis - Lidstrom

Brodeur

[Edited on 2003/6/13 by puck7x]

Originally posted by Habinator33

WOOHOOO i finally won something this damn season.

Yeah lol...

Congrats man , its about time you won something... maybe this is a sign of things to come? ... nah :P

Man, I officially suck at award pools... damn. :nono:

How does a guy playing with one eye NOT win over someone who had a knee injury and barely played all year, and his team got swept in the playoffs?

It's bullshit.

Pearson award = who has more friends = who cares

I'm glad Jackman got it... although I was sure they'd ignore the D man and go with Zetterberg.

Turco had the best GGA in history or something, Brodeur had the consecutive 30+ and 40+ wins record... I guess the playoffs made it easier. (or are the votes before the playoffs?.. don't know)

I flipped a coin and took Turco... Brodeur is the better of the two, glad he won.

Byng = the award no self-respecting player should ever covet... thinking Al would get the nod at Norris, figured they'd give Lidstrom this consolation prize.

I hate him, but Madden is 10 times the player Lehtinen is... ah well.

Lemaire... duh

Norris: Al deserved it for having such a huge year while Pronger was out, especially for a guy his age... really disagree with this pick.

Hart: At least they got that one right, very easy pick.

[Edited on 13-6-03 by Habs77]

I came third... Close though...

Masterton: Wait, didn't Yzerman win? Habs77 said Berard won... I think he coulda won last year, but HAHA, KOIVU DID INSTEAD!!! Though it's a shame he had to go through all that...

Pearson: Consolation prize. But then again, Naslund and Forsberg are close enough not to let it matter.

Calder: I PICKED IT!!! Screw Zetterberg, Jackman is a good defensemen. A damn good one. And some of us thought we could trade for him in the offseason last season.

Byng: No way in hell. Complete disagreement to previous statement. While I'm not a fan of Almo, and he didn't deserve to win, this is still a prize to those who are more like Gretzky than Howe. You can be a gentleman and still be a good player. IMO, this is a positive award. I'd rather have Naslund than Bertuzzi because Berty is a dirty SOB. And he chews tobacco. What an example to set...:nono:

Selke: I picked it. But Lehtinen deserved it because: a) He's Finnish, (B) He's a good defensive forward, and © Madden needs other linemates to accomplish what Lehtinen does. On a line with Bill "No-Backcheck-just-Crosscheck" Guerin, and Mike "Only-Nice-American" Modano, he does a lot to save the team.

Norris: Yeah, I agree with Habs77 on this one. Big AL really did deserve it. No Pronger, while Lidstrom had one of the best teams in the league. STL had a shallow defence, little or no support from their 10 different goalies.

I'm also not a fan of Eddie "the-drunk-Goblin" Belfour or Marty Turco, so Marty "My-Wife-Cheated-First" Brodeur wins the Vezina.

Oh well, till next year...

:ghg: