Habs @ Canucks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Blahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Habs lucky to be down only 2-1.

They look just awful again. Can't make a pass and giving up many odd man rushes. Something's gotta give. Have the players packed it in waiting for a coaching change, or maybe waiting for a trade. For a team that looked good earlier in the year, they look like crap now.

It'll take a miracle to win this one, but we can pray.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats with the insistance of playing Higgs at centre?

I'm pretty sure I have never seen the Habs win a game with Higgs playing centre. Not one. Remember the Bruins series? Almost lost the series and they lost every single game Higgs played centre. He cant do it.

Same as Colorado. It's the two line stretch pass that isn't working. Kostitsyn made the score 3-2 with that play in Colorado. Is that all we can do? Vancouver is attacking with speed and have active sticks. Is our transition on glue or something?

Individually rush it and if there's no option then dump and forecheck! Two forecheckers even. It's defensively dangerous but we need to assert some pressure. Bad offensive cycling by the Habs

I thought the same thing. Montreal is playing too passively and the D's confidence is too weak to make that work even for a second. The Nucks are all over us. If this is Carbo's game plan, it ain't working.

Whats with the insistance of playing Higgs at centre?

I'm pretty sure I have never seen the Habs win a game with Higgs playing centre. Not one. Remember the Bruins series? Almost lost the series and they lost every single game Higgs played centre. He cant do it.

Pleks is back next game, thank gawd.

At least it's Higgins, not Sergei playing C anyway ;)

Mats Sundin looks like a bobblehead.

Halak gave them every chance to be in this game, and they can't even do a decent line change... outshot 29 to 15... so many odd man rushes..

this team is going nowhere. we are missing key players. some to injury, but some like Kovy and pleks that are just lost....

It was a terrible line change on the 3rd goal. No excuses for that. Halak was keeping them in the game, and that happens. Anyone else notice how many 3on2's the Nucks are getting. Do the forwards not realize that one has to stay high or when the puck is being chipped passed them they gotta get back? That tells me the coaching stinks.

So frustrating to watch.

I watched PK last night. Got a great pic (I was at the glass) of him in his pink jersey (breast cancer support night at the bulls).. and when I looked at the shot, i thought "even in pink, PK plays like a man... too bad pleks and company don't...

It was a terrible line change on the 3rd goal. No excuses for that. Halak was keeping them in the game, and that happens. Anyone else notice how many 3on2's the Nucks are getting. Do the forwards not realize that one has to stay high or when the puck is being chipped passed them they gotta get back? That tells me the coaching stinks.

So frustrating to watch.

If you don't think Carbo knows that, you don't know Carbo..

He can tell them that a million times, but these bums have to execute.. As Carbo said a few days ago.. talk all you want, its time to act...

It might have been a bad line change but Markov and Gorges were both in the way of the shot, down on the ice and both decided to immitate Komi or something and did the downwards facing dog and prop themselves up off the ice and let the puck go right by underneath them. I'm sure Halak was shocked that the puck made it to him.

Its quite clear that none of the Habs know the basic fundamentals of why or how to block shots. I find that mind boggling since their coach was allegedly 1 of the best shot blockers in his time.

It might have been a bad line change but Markov and Gorges were both in the way of the shot, down on the ice and both decided to immitate Komi or something and did the downwards facing dog and prop themselves up off the ice and let the puck go right by underneath them. I'm sure Halak was shocked that the puck made it to him.

Its quite clear that none of the Habs know the basic fundamentals of why or how to block shots. I find that mind boggling since their coach was allegedly 1 of the best shot blockers in his time.

I am a great manager.. but I learned years ago that while I have mentored many great managers, I can't teach it to a moron...

some things require natural talent, and learning... Try teaching Kovy to backcheck for instance.. good luck. :)

Edited by brobin

I think that one of the biggest problems on the Habs right now is that many players do not know their role, thus leading to utter chaos on the ice.

totally agree......and that's because their roles keep changing every single game........i understand that Carbo is experimenting, trying to hit paydirt, but it looks like by the lack of effort that all the juggling is getting real old real fast......