Habs @ Canucks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a weird feeling, based on nothing at all, that Tanguay won't be back this year. Or be re-injured immediately.

Please play the brothers together and live and die with that on the 2nd line. Please keep the Lapierre line together, they'll have off-nights but more on than off I suspect, and they'll learn to play together. When Latendresse comes back, put Pacioretty up with Kovalev, tell him just keep driving to the net. And get someone to play the f**king middle of the ice when Kovalev rushes!!!!!!!

God knows what to do about the centres on the top two lines. As soon as he takes a faceoff Higgins drifts to the wings, not his fault really.

Christ, this team is going to be closer to Tavares than the playoffs.

You can take it to the bank that we are not trading Andrei Kostitsyn. It's clear (IMO) that he has no t peaked. :)

AKost is so mysterious sometimes. Not in the Kovy sense, where you can just tell that he doesnt seem to give a crap. AKost just seems to still be trying to find some consistency, that he's not one of those big-ego, does-whatever-he-wants type of guys. When he can't score, at least you'll see him try to hit or go to the net.

I'd put him in the same bag as Higgins & Plex. Guys with good attitude that more often than not will give you an honest effort, but are just having lot of confidence issues and are still trying to find some scoring consistency. That's why I'd like to see the 3 put together. They need to be kept away from veteran players and just play their own game, develop confidence in themselves at the NHL level rather than having to follow sucky, moody, herratic, declining vets who are dragging them down with them.

He won't help this club unless the whole team figures out this malaise.

It's gotta turn good soon, right?

I'm hoping Tangs' playmaking skills can "make players around him better", something Koivu & Kovy certainly arent capable of at the moment.

BTW, nice touch with the avatar. Very à propos right now...

AKost is so mysterious sometimes. Not in the Kovy sense, where you can just tell that he doesnt seem to give a crap. AKost just seems to still be trying to find some consistency, that he's not one of those big-ego, does-whatever-he-wants type of guys.

I'd put him in the same bag as Higgins & Plex. Guys with good attitude that more often than not will give you an honest effort, but are just having lot of confidence issues and are still trying to find some scoring consistency. That's why I'd like to see the 3 put together. They need to be kept away from veteran players and just play their own game, develop confidence in themselves at the NHL level rather than having to follow sucky, moody, herratic, declining vets who are dragging them down with them.

That would be an interesting line, as long as Higgins becomes a fierce two-way player. It would allow lots of attacking for Plex, and A Kost has the skills and shot to lurk around and pick his spots. Higgins would have to be like a cannonball in the o-end, crashing into everything and smashing in front of the net. And Plex, of course, would not be allowed to stop moving. But it might be a really interesting line.

AKost is so mysterious sometimes. Not in the Kovy sense, where you can just tell that he doesnt seem to give a crap. AKost just seems to still be trying to find some consistency, that he's not one of those big-ego, does-whatever-he-wants type of guys.

I've tended to write off the Koivu/Kovy rift rumour as a french media stink job. But, something stinks somewhere for sure.

My point about A.Kost is his ability to play evey position. He's good/acceptable along the boards. He can control the puck at high speeds like the best of 'em. He's good/acceptable with his hits. He's good/acceptable defensively. I could go on and on with different facets of the game as they are overall. He's good/acceptable . But, in short he's a 6.5 to a 7.5 Ovechkin. I like him all around. Why is he our leader right now??? :angry:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

That would be an interesting line, as long as Higgins becomes a fierce two-way player. It would allow lots of attacking for Plex, and A Kost has the skills and shot to lurk around and pick his spots. Higgins would have to be like a cannonball in the o-end, crashing into everything and smashing in front of the net. And Plex, of course, would not be allowed to stop moving. But it might be a really interesting line.

It was an interesting line at the end of the 06-07 season. That's when AKost secured his spot in the NHL. They were the Habs' best line.

BTW, Kosty is on pace t0 about 30 goals and 50 pts right now. About the same as last year, despite Plex & Kovy sucking it up big time. At least that's something to chalk up in the positive column.

Well....i can honestly say that i'm not wasting my time watching the Canadiens until they get back to their original form...It really is boys vs men out there (with the boys being us of course :rolleyes: ). There's no need to do player grades for this road trip because it's almost self explanatory who is putting the effort in and who isn't. Can't blame the goaltending for this one either. Lets all just put our hands on the panic button and wait until we are officially no longer in the playoff picture then smash it repetitively until something is done :puke: .

I've been saying reunite Higgs Plex AKosts now for 2 years. AKosts should never play with Kovy. I've been saying that for a long time now too and I actually found a blog recently where a guy posted actual proof of it. :lol:

Unfortunately Tangs return will help be he isnt the solution. There are too many problems with the team for any 1 player to solve.

I've been saying reunite Higgs Plex AKosts now for 2 years. AKosts should never play with Kovy. I've been saying that for a long time now too and I actually found a blog recently where a guy posted actual proof of it. :lol:

Unfortunately Tangs return will help be he isnt the solution. There are too many problems with the team for any 1 player to solve.

Why not throw all eggs in one basket?

Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Plekanec - A Kost

Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulous

S Kost - Begin - Dandenault/Laraque/Pacioretty/D'Agostini

I've tended to write off the Koivu/Kovy rift rumour as a french media stink job. But, something stinks somewhere for sure.

I never doubted it. It's obvious to me since 05-06.

Doesnt anyone remembers 05-06?

Koivu & Kovy were on the same line with Zednik, Habs started the season well, but mid November Kovy got injured. All in a sudden Koivu went into an instand slump and the Habs started losing. Lasted a month.

Then Koivu got injured early December, Ribs got the #1 C spot, went a point streak, Habs started winning again. Then Kovy came back mid-December and was placed with Ribs, Habs started losing again.

Koivu came back for 1 game to play against Mikko, then went on the IR again and only came back at the beginning of January. Julien put Koivu and Kovy back together, but all the chemistry was gone. They just couldnt play together all in a sudden.

Habs' slumped continued and it eventually lead to Julien getting fired in January. First thing Gainey did when he took over the coaching was to split Koivu and Kovy. Remember? Kovy got Ribs as a center and started piling up points again while Koivu was still struggling.

Since then, they just can't seem to stand each other. I dont know if anything happened or what, but they were clicking well at first and then almost overnight just couldnt do squat. The team started slumping and Julien got fired over it.

That's why I'm so sensitive about people blaming the coaches for the current slump. I remember what lead to Julien's dismissal. It was the same crap from Koivu & Kovy as we're having now.

My point about A.Kost is his ability to play evey position. He's good/acceptable along the boards. He can control the puck at high speeds like the best of 'em. He's good/acceptable with his hits. He's good/acceptable defensively. I could go on and on with different facets of the game as they are overall. He's good/acceptable . But, in short he's a 6.5 to a 7.5 Ovechkin. I like him all around. Why is he our leader right now??? :angry:

AKost was the Belarus leader/go-to guy at any and all international competition he ever played in. Ditto in his last years in Hamilton. So it's not like he's not used to having to step up in that kind of role. I'm just thinking that in the current situation, with Kovy being such a huge presence for the Russian kids, that AKost can't or won't take a bigger role. But he has that potential. He has that game-breaking moves/shot.

Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev

Higgins - Plekanec - A Kost

Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopoulous

S Kost - Begin - Dandenault/Laraque/Pacioretty/D'Agostini

2nd and 3rd line I'd have no probs with.

I'd let Koivu & Kovy sink together on the 4th line with Laraque/Dandy/Begin/whoever will be doomed to cover their asses.

Tanguay I'd put at C and give him Dago & Pacioretty. Dago can finish, Pac can crash & bang, should be a perfect combo.

I fail to understand the context of how you are using that expression because I used the same expression in saying they shouldnt play together. I think its silly to put 2 players with the best shots on the team on the same line because half the time they will be passing to each other wasting 1 of their shooting talents. Makes more sense to split them up and have high assist guys on 2 lines passing to the snipers instead of your best 2 snipers passing to each other.

I fail to understand the context of how you are using that expression because I used the same expression in saying they shouldnt play together. I think its silly to put 2 players with the best shots on the team on the same line because half the time they will be passing to each other wasting 1 of their shooting talents. Makes more sense to split them up and have high assist guys on 2 lines passing to the snipers instead of your best 2 snipers passing to each other.

I'm using it in the context that Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev are supposed to be the Canadiens' high scoring forwards. Why not try them all together? The line is threatening enough on paper to open up space for the rest of the lines.

He won't help this club unless the whole team figures out this malaise.

It's gotta turn good soon, right?

I'm saden to say that the bigger part of the proble, have to be taakent by the men with ties.

Carbonneau has lost the room with stupid lines, not being able to manage a game and being able to whip the proper players. it's so easy to hit on Bégin and dandy but I don't think that kovy,AK46,0 markov... feel concerned.

big part of the blame have to be taken by the gm for bringing and holding on to the wrong pieces of the puzzle and perhaps trusting to the wrong people.

Go to TSN and watch the interviews with Carbonneau, Koivu and Higgins after the game.

Carbonneau looks shell shocked. Hes got the thousand yard stare. He has no clue what to do anymore. No answers coming from this man.

Koivu just doesn't seem to care. Going through the motions...."well you know Vancouver played a smart game, didn't give us any oddman rushes......." Blah Blah Blah.....nice leader. Saku call a spade and spade and just say that you suck, and have no idea whats going on.

Higgins looks totally defeated. He has given up and there is no way this guy should have any leadership accountabilities on this team. No C and no A. He is so disspirited it makes me want to slit my wrists.

This team is F**CKED. It was no hope of turning things around anytime soon. It needs a shakeup in a major way. Watch those interviews....its quite depressing

Edited by kaos

Higgins looks like he is ready to cry in that interview. He needs someone to step up and reassure him - Hello Koivu.

Koivu should have said, "I am tired of loosing and we will beat Washington on Tuesday, our season turns around then".

Carbo looks exhausted and fed up.

Kovalev sounded like Kovalev...

We need Gainey to make a chemistry trade if nothing else.

Kosto looks like a wizards because he is willing to go into the corner to get the puck and pass to the guy doing nothing who is open even though Kosto knows he will be body checked Kosto will do it anyway.

I sure Hope bob offers Kostopoulos a deal...without this guy, our team would be that much more pathetic. You know you're gonna get 100% from tommy K. every night!

The number of Euros in the NHL that are willing to take a hit to make a play isnt very high. Number of Euros on the Habs: high. Its a physical game and you need to be tough and the majority of Euros are finess over braun style players. When Euros are off their game they are usually invisable. Wen North Americans are off their game they are usually at least hitting.

Agreed! There are always exceptions to the rule (ie; Koivu) but too many times, there are too many players on this team that don't seem to care!

Also, i get the impression that Kovy is playing his way out of Montreal. No goals in his last 9 games. No spark whatsoever!!!

I sure Hope bob offers Kostopoulos a deal...without this guy, our team would be that much more pathetic. You know you're gonna get 100% from tommy K. every night!

Agreed! There are always exceptions to the rule (ie; Koivu) but too many times, there are too many players on this team that don't seem to care!

Also, i get the impression that Kovy is playing his way out of Montreal. No goals in his last 9 games. No spark whatsoever!!!

at this point if we( by me I mean them) get more or equal to what we paid to get him 5 years ago.

If only koivu would waive his NTC. Look at what Philly was willing to pay for Kaberle...

Koz, Carbo is trying to get Andrei to step up, he keeps on saying that he's got one of the best shots in the NHL and then he's asking him to shoot as much as possible (which he does; Kosty's one of the only Habs who'll fire from anywhere).

I'm using it in the context that Koivu, Tanguay and Kovalev are supposed to be the Canadiens' high scoring forwards. Why not try them all together? The line is threatening enough on paper to open up space for the rest of the lines.

Carbo tried that combination at the beginning of the year and it didn't seem to work but it is an interesting line up.

Look at what Philly was willing to pay for Kaberle...

I'm pretty sure Philly wouldn't be willing to do that same deal today!! Carter has finally coem of age, and is dominating the league!

I'm pretty sure Philly wouldn't be willing to do that same deal today!! Carter has finally coem of age, and is dominating the league!

But that doesn't mean another team isn't willing to make such a deal. at least it's worth the try.

Latendresse is a masterpiece of that team.

He is missed more than i though.

Him and Lang were the only players playing over expectations.

It's not the points it's all these little things that the others don't do.

Find somebody who will Bob...please do something.

I am so utterly confused about why everyone is hating on Koivu as usual. Who scored the first goal to try and keep us in? He is an offensive threat and a hard worker. What is everyone's frigan problem with him??

The fact that leading by example just isn't enough. Attitude reflects leadership, and this team has a horrible attitude and has had it for weeks now. You can only go through so many coaches before you realize the problem is coming from within the team. It's time to revamp the leadership core of this team.