Habs Get SCHNEIDER from Atlanta

rdavis35

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard that rumour aboot any Habs players though.

There are other rumours of the same thing. Lindros apparently banged Brind'Amors wife, thats why the Flyers beat him up and Desjardins ripped the C of his jersey. Clarke thought Lindros was better and thats who they kept but the entire team disagreed with that decision.

Recently I heard same rumour that Nolan was banging 1 of his players wives when he was in Buffalo. Makes sense though, I could never figure out why a team would fire the coach after he won coach of the year. I'm left wondering if Mogilny was there at that time. Wouldnt that be funny, poor guy.

The Corson Mogilny story though I am fairly certain is true. Quinns comments made no sense, unless the rumour is true. My ex roomate told me about it and I know he was a close source to the Leafs. He knows all of them and they are all clients of his and he told me thats what he over heard so I beleive him for sure. iirc Tuckers wife apparently told Mogilny what happened because she didnt think it was right what her brother was doing.

THis is how these ridiculous rumours stay alive. I have a friend of a friend.

My best friends wife knew Mogilny's wife and it is untrue. But that holds about as much weight as your friend.

So it is up to everybody to make up their own mind in regards to the legitimacy.

The only one that has ever been confirmed was Brodeur and his wife's sister. Outside of that I think you will have a better

percentage if you don't believe any, then if you believe them all.

THis is how these ridiculous rumours stay alive. I have a friend of a friend.

My best friends wife knew Mogilny's wife and it is untrue. But that holds about as much weight as your friend.

So it is up to everybody to make up their own mind in regards to the legitimacy.

The only one that has ever been confirmed was Brodeur and his wife's sister. Outside of that I think you will have a better

Jeff Brown got traded out of Vancouver for sleeping with Kirk McLean's wife. That one has been confirmed and is pretty common knowledge. There was no other reason for the trade, Brown had been considered a key part of the Canucks' D at the time, putting up good numbers.

Was confirmed because it was the cause of the divorce ... and Brodeur carried the Devils to the Cup while his crazy psycho ex-wife was harassing him daily with calls at 4 am telling him she'd clean him and he'd never see his kids again. Talk about mental toughness.

Nice article by Ronald King: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/opinions/chroniq...des-pauvres.php

End is priceless...

Quant à Mathieu lui-même, c'était un gentil garçon, toujours souriant et poli, pas particulièrement allumé, mais pas le genre à faire de vagues dans le vestiaire, ou dans la chambre, comme ils disent.

Dont think the subtle innuendo translates in English. It would go something like "Not the kind to make waves in the locker, or in the (bed)room, as they say..."

This Trade is horrible! If we do make the play-offs and have any hope of getting past Philly & Boston we need to get alot tougher. So we got Laraque, big deal he'll see the ice come play-off time about as much as S. Avery will keep his mouth shut. We need d-men who can actually knock somebody down & some forwards with some grit. Komisarek our only true bruising D-man looks like he shouldn't even be playing as he looks like he's hurting big time. Kovalev & the 2 Kostitsyn's give the puck away more then our shots on goal total every game. I truely think it's time to say good-bye to Alex I'm pretty sure Washington would love to grap him to play with Ovechkin. I don't know what we could get for him but I'd take T. Fleischman & a draft pick as I don't thing we should re-sign him next year anyway, this would really open up some cap space. Go after Derek Morris, O. Jokinen & D. Carcillo from Pheonix offer Plecanek, Tanguay, D'Agostini & Gorges ( also send Bouillon if needed to get the deal done). Then go after A. Frolov & M. Greene from L.A for the 2 Kostitsyn's & O'byrne. Then finally offer Chipchura to Colorado for I. Laperriere. We would look like this Komisarek, Markov - Morris, Hamrlik - Greene, Schneider depth Briseboise, Dandenault. Up front we would look like this Latendresse/Jokinen/Frolov, Higgins/Koivu/Fleischman, Pacoretty/Lapierre/Kostopolous, Carcillo/Laperriere/Laraque depth Dandenault, Begin. Come on Bob it's our 100 year anniversary & we're sliding out of the play-off picture fast & your answer is Mathieu Schneider. I know these trades are far fetched but something big needs to me done hopefully Schneider is just the first very small piece of the puzzle.

This Trade is horrible! If we do make the play-offs and have any hope of getting past Philly & Boston we need to get alot tougher. So we got Laraque, big deal he'll see the ice come play-off time about as much as S. Avery will keep his mouth shut. We need d-men who can actually knock somebody down & some forwards with some grit. Komisarek our only true bruising D-man looks like he shouldn't even be playing as he looks like he's hurting big time. Kovalev & the 2 Kostitsyn's give the puck away more then our shots on goal total every game. I truely think it's time to say good-bye to Alex I'm pretty sure Washington would love to grap him to play with Ovechkin. I don't know what we could get for him but I'd take T. Fleischman & a draft pick as I don't thing we should re-sign him next year anyway, this would really open up some cap space. Go after Derek Morris, O. Jokinen & D. Carcillo from Pheonix offer Plecanek, Tanguay, D'Agostini & Gorges ( also send Bouillon if needed to get the deal done). Then go after A. Frolov & M. Greene from L.A for the 2 Kostitsyn's & O'byrne. Then finally offer Chipchura to Colorado for I. Laperriere. We would look like this Komisarek, Markov - Morris, Hamrlik - Greene, Schneider depth Briseboise, Dandenault. Up front we would look like this Latendresse/Jokinen/Frolov, Higgins/Koivu/Fleischman, Pacoretty/Lapierre/Kostopolous, Carcillo/Laperriere/Laraque depth Dandenault, Begin. Come on Bob it's our 100 year anniversary & we're sliding out of the play-off picture fast & your answer is Mathieu Schneider. I know these trades are far fetched but something big needs to me done hopefully Schneider is just the first very small piece of the puzzle.

So...

Kovalev, Plekanek, Tanguay, D'Agostini, Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Gorges, O'Byrne and Chipchura

for

Fleischman, Jokinen, Morris, Carcillo, Frolov, Greene, I. Lapperriere.

9 for 7.

Someone's been playing EA NHL09 a little too much...

So...

Kovalev, Plekanek, Tanguay, D'Agostini, Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Gorges, O'Byrne and Chipchura

for

Fleischman, Jokinen, Morris, Carcillo, Frolov, Greene, I. Lapperriere.

9 for 7.

Someone's been playing EA NHL09 a little too much...

Actually, I can't even get reasonable trades through on NHL 09 any more.

Schneider is tougher than people give him credit for. He plays bigger than he is. He's just what the doctor ordered for the Canadiens. He is one of the BEST in the NHL for not buckling down under pressure. Also, he's likely one of the BEST QB point shot players attainable right now. He isolates the puck and plays the stay at home and/or rushing D perfectly. He knows when to play D or attack. His D hockey sense is sound on attack and defence. He's consistently responsible in all facets of his position. I like this move. If Gainey acquires a 2nd and 4th round pick before or on March 4th then he is awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

TRUST IN BOB :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I think the first thing Schneider should do when he gets in the locker room is take Kovalev's jersey and put his own name over Kovy's. As he does this, he should tell Kovy that he can have his number and his A back when he starts playing with some heart. There's some leadership for ya!

maybe gainey's next move will be to trade a draft pick for claude lemieux... heck is leeman still playing? let's go out and sign him lol

:popcorn:

Laugh all you want but this team could use a serious dosage of Claude Lemieux. He has more "heart" and "determination" at age 43 than most (if not all) of our roster.

This trade isn't so bad. We get a dependable defenseman with great passing skills, great hockey sense, great PP presence and a veteran with a new attitude.

It drops one of our current Dmen to #7 which is great. I really, really hope that Carbo doesn't take this as an opportunity to put Georges on the wing now...

The cost is the cost. We wanted Bob to do something and he did. Imagine what Bouwmeester would have cost.

I still hope that there is one more trade coming.

I think the first thing Schneider should do when he gets in the locker room is take Kovalev's jersey and put his own name over Kovy's. As he does this, he should tell Kovy that he can have his number and his A back when he starts playing with some heart. There's some leadership for ya!

Shouldn't he get his number back anyway? I like your thinking and always did as a lurker. Kovalev doesn't deserve much yet this year. I am still hoping for a ressurection of the top line of last year. Any day now would be good....

I like this trade. I think it will add much needed stability to our current defensive corp which isn't that bad, just lacking in confidence. I think they are scared of being picked off ever time they clear the zone. Thus the hesitation and telegraphed passes, which are either behind the skater or picked off. Schneider will settle down the defense of this team and take the pressure of or young goalies. Neither of them are married are they? Just asking... He will be a great asset on the PP, which we need. Seems it cost a 2nd rounder and our 3rd moves down a few rounds? How can anyone say that is overpaying for a veteran solid defenceman that anchors PPs?

I have a feeling that we will see how the defence settles over the next few games and the effect of that on our goalies and forwards before management decides on what or any other tweaks we need. I have a feeling though it won't be a 7 for 9 player deal ! Ihave never heard the likes.

Great move! We could have paid with our future for a top notch defenceman Bowmeester, instead we get a solid vet defenceman for a 2nd, and some complain?

This one is a side ways move, yes it will help the D and the PP perhaps. However you gave up 2 picks and the way the team is going the payoffs seem very unlikely. The only 2 games the one in the last 12 or 13 they were dominated. I mean out shot 33-8 in the last 2 periods in Colorado? They looked worse in person.

Unless Schneider can get Kovalev to care about playing, give Kosto some "Brett Hull" hands, teach Brisby to go in the corners and get the puck, Teach Komi to play defense, the other players how to skate the trade doesn't mean much.

I want to thtank Brisby, the only player this year to drop the gloves in defense of a goalie, that is how sad this team is when one of the softest players has to protect your 2 young goalies.

I sure hope BG is taking the next 2 weeks to decide if they are buyers or sellers, if you have 14 tumors in your body, you don't change Dr.'s or add old medicine to the mix, you get rid of the tumors.

Man, this isn't 86, what's with all the old habs coming back.

Isn't the second round pick the one we got for trading Huet or did we use that for Lang?

Here's how Gainey's recent acquisitions have gone down:

Grabovski --> Toronto's 2009 2nd rounder ---> Lang

2008 1st rounder + 2009 2nd rounder ---> Tanguay + Calgary's 2008 5th rounder

Huet --> Anaheim's 2009 2nd rounder + 2010 3rd rounder --> Schneider + 2009 conditional pick

We currently don't have a 2009 2nd rounder or a 2010 3rd rounder, but we have an additional 2009 pick (3rd to 5th round) from Atlanta, so we still have 7 picks in 2009 and 6 for 2010.

This is a case of getting what we wanted and getting what we needed. Good move by Bob.

well...What Bob really wanted was for O'Byrne to be the 4th D and for Markov to Be the sniper on PP.

we'll see how Schneider will do but he sure shouldn't hurt.

well...What Bob really wanted was for O'Byrne to be the 4th D and for Markov to Be the sniper on PP.

we'll see how Schneider will do but he sure shouldn't hurt.

I think the cap space that had been set aside at the beginning of the year was always looked upon as going for a puck moving d-man. O'Byrne was still supposed to be better than what he was, and the PP was supposed to as well, but the team was always looking to improve the D, they just didn't have the cap space at the time to do it.

This will take a huge load off of Markov as well, so expect to see him play better as a result.

Robert L has a good article about how Komisarek playing hurt has really hurt the team, and that Carbo started to play the Markov-Komi pairing less as a result. The Schnieder addition gives them another guy who has been playing a regular 20 minutes a night and could ease the burden on the top pairing.