Kovy not accompanying the team to Washington

Colin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost in all of yesterday's "Day of Reckoning" hoopla was the fact that Alex Tanguay skated with the team during practice and will make the trip in Kovalev's place, though he is not cleared to play yet. He is expected to return next week, though.

Lost in all of yesterday's "Day of Reckoning" hoopla was the fact that Alex Tanguay skated with the team during practice and will make the trip in Kovalev's place, though he is not cleared to play yet. He is expected to return next week, though.

Your basic upgrade right there.

I hope we lose the next 2 games, that way people realize that Kovalev isn't the problem

Seriously? You'd rather lose two games and still have a problem, rather than win two games and find at least part of the solution? Are you a Kovalev fan or a Habs fan?

Seriously? You'd rather lose two games and still have a problem, rather than win two games and find at least part of the solution? Are you a Kovalev fan or a Habs fan?

I'm both

Kovy is just the scapegoat

We have lost a lot of games recently because Carbonneau has bee sucking major ***, and also because our D was horrible (not to mention the give aways)

I'm both

I have a major problem with what Bob did if it wasn't to keep him out due to a trade in the works. Blaming the abortion we see on the ice as of late on one guy is bloody ridiculous.

Koivu has sucked ass...producing very little...and is a joke as a leader

Markov has sucked ass

Price...has been F-ing useless

Plekanec...useless as he has been all season long

Komisarek...nowhere near good enough

Throw in some very suspect coaching, and you have a cluster###### of epic proportions with plenty of contributors to share the blame.

I have a major problem with what Bob did if it wasn't to keep him out due to a trade in the works. Blaming the abortion we see on the ice as of late on one guy is bloody ridiculous.

Markov has sucked ass

Throw in some very suspect coaching, and you have a cluster###### of epic proportions with plenty of contributors to share the blame.

Koivu has looked pretty solid to me. Not great, but better than most of the forwards. Komisarek, Markov, and Price have been playing very tentative lately. This is not the Komi of last year. Laps is also not playing the way he was when everyone was injured.

If there isn't a trade, I don't know if this is the right move. Sitting Kovy. I could be wrong. I hope I am, but I hope Kovalev doesn't sulk his way through the rest of the season, sign with Pitsburgh, and hand us our ass for the next 4 years.

I'm both

We have lost a lot of games recently because Carbonneau has bee sucking major ***, and also because our D was horrible (not to mention the give aways)

True habs fans cheer for victories. True Leaf fans cheer for individual players who float.

I want Habs to win...

PERIOD!

Komisarek, Markov, and Price have been playing very tentative lately.

I think you're being a little too kind to these guys. All 4 players who went to the All-Star game have played like Sh.it since they got back from the all-star break. I'll even admit that my boy Komisarek has been a shadow of his former self lately. Let's hope that the Kovy benching will wake these guys up! Light a fire under their arses!

True habs fans cheer for victories. True Leaf fans cheer for individual players who float.

True Habs fans also don't just say everything is one players fault...putting the blame on one guy is downright ridiculous. The team in general is the problem right now....Kovalev is a problem; but I don't think giving him time off is going to resolve anything. So tell me, if you do in fact believe this is the right move, why doesn't Saku get sat when he is playing like utter Sh!t as well?

I want Habs to win...

PERIOD!

I'm a true Habs fan, but I'n not blind either

It's important to remain objective

Kovy is a scapegoat; Gainey is just protecting his buddy

I think you're being a little too kind to these guys. All 4 players who went to the All-Star game have played like Sh.it since they got back from the all-star break. I'll even admit that my boy Komisarek has been a shadow of his former self lately. Let's hope that the Kovy benching will wake these guys up! Light a fire under their arses!

Yeah, they've been terrible. And even though Koivu's production hasn't returned, I've found that his line is almost always at least decent, and it isn't the one dragging the team down.

I read the first line and then had to stop because of Red's obnoxious writing style.

Then you didn't get to the second half where he pointlessly reminisces about a young Bob Gainey and Sam Pollock. It's Grampa Simpson level stuff.

Yeah, they've been terrible. And even though Koivu's production hasn't returned, I've found that his line is almost always at least decent, and it isn't the one dragging the team down.

Then you didn't get to the second half where he pointlessly reminisces about a young Bob Gainey and Sam Pollock. It's Grampa Simpson level stuff.

I actually loled when I read that. Grampa Simpson. I agree, he goes into that Orr hit story that I've read and heard a hundred times. Totally useless.

I read the first line and then had to stop because of Red's obnoxious writing style.

That's a joke right? You are talking about one of the best hockey writers ever. Not to mention, how could one line have such a negative effect?

If you were referring to Al Strachan or Bruce Garrioch your comment might make sense to me.

A lot of us more traditional fans like that kind of stuff. There clearly is a generation gap among Habs fans which is probably why a lot of the older guys seem to be dropping HW

Markov has sucked ass

I fail to see how trading for MS and sending down O'byrne and Sergei K = blaming one guy for all the problems of the team. What Bob did calls Kovalev out for not producing and wakes up the other guys.

According to what Kovalev is saying in the papers he wants to get back to the team and help them win. I think it was an innovative way of dealing with difficulties that are harder to resolve in a salary cap era than they were previously.

A fearless prediction: KOvy comes back strong and playing to his potential

PS does every post of yours have to contain a negative comment about Koivu? I think he's earned more respect than that

PS does every post of yours have to contain a negative comment about Koivu? I think he's earned more respect than that

It's strange, but it can't be surprising. Sometimes people develop an irrational hate for a player, and Koivu seems to be a lightning rod for this because of the 'C'. Hell, someone recently criticized Koivu for going to the front of the net! :wacko:

A fearless prediction: KOvy comes back strong and playing to his potential

I really hope so. As much as Kovy has had some problems this year, if the Habs want to make any kind of run in the Playoffs this year, they'll Need Kovy.

I just hope that these two or three days of rest will light a fire under Kovy's ass, and we'll see the 2007-2008 Kovy for the final 20 games. I also hope Kovy isn't a "cancer" in the locker...maybe that's one of the reason he was asked not to come on the trip with the rest of the team?

Edited by Habsfan