Kostitsyns Linked to Crime Boss

JoeLassister

So another Theo and the Hells Angels type story...whoop-d-doo.

Looks like it.

Get ready to hear people starting to say that "Gainey traded Theo & Ribeiro because of the same problems, he has to do the same with the Kostys & Hamrlik"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lapresse has dropped the ball once again. Did they do anything wrong ?? No. Are they accused of anything ?? No.

are they stupid because they gave their credit card numbers to the guy ?? Hell YEAH.

only one qusteion: how come a mature grown up Man Like Hamrlik got cut up into this crap ?? I can understand Andrei saying to sergei that the guy is trust worthy and sergei figured his brother wouldn't screw him, but Hamklik ??

Looks like it.

Get ready to hear people starting to say that "Gainey traded Theo & Ribeiro because of the same problems, he has to do the same with the Kostys & Hamrlik"

The difference is that all signs pointed toward coaches and teammates hating Theo, Ribs and Dagenais while these guys seem to all like eachother. I mean, look at Kovalev. The media paints him out as a cancer in the dressing room and an awful team player but his teammates deeply respect him. (To prevent people from calling me a Kovy cheerleader, I'll add that we often say Koivu's presence is hurting the team but he's also liked and respected by his teammates.) What I find interesting is that the three guys who've been ragged on the most this season - Koivu, Kovalev and Plekanec - seem to be three of the "cleanest" guys on the team, three of the ones that avoid all this garbage. Same thing for all the Quebec-born players, I think.

The difference is that all signs pointed toward coaches and teammates hating Theo, Ribs and Dagenais while these guys seem to all like eachother. I mean, look at Kovalev. The media paints him out as a cancer in the dressing room and an awful team player but his teammates deeply respect him. (To prevent people from calling me a Kovy cheerleader, I'll add that we often say Koivu's presence is hurting the team but he's also liked and respected by his teammates.) What I find interesting is that the three guys who've been ragged on the most this season - Koivu, Kovalev and Plekanec - seem to be three of the "cleanest" guys on the team, three of the ones that avoid all this garbage. Same thing for all the Quebec-born players, I think.

Theo, Ribs & Dagenais werent "hated" by all their teammates; they were hated by the other clique: Koivu, Rivet & Souray. The organization decided to get rid of Theo and the black cloud that seemed permanently hanging over his head (remember he was going out with one of Guy Cloutier's daughter, with all that implied of distractions in Montreal when the Nathalie Simard came out) and to side with the vets. Interesting enough, only Koivu is left of all of them... sadly, because Ribs would be far more useful to this team than Saku right now.

At least the Quebec-born kids we've got now are a total different breed. Lats is as disciplined as they come, and Laps got his tap on the wrists at the beginning of last season and he acts like a pro now. They're also much better surrounded, with Breezer, Dandy, Tangs & Begin to keep an eye on them.

The Kostys looked like they've been left to themselves. Meehan -their agent- is somewhat to blame since he should've been keeping a closer eye on them and see what was going on, he's not new to this league.

Lapresse has dropped the ball once again. Did they do anything wrong ?? No. Are they accused of anything ?? No.

are they stupid because they gave their credit card numbers to the guy ?? Hell YEAH.

only one qusteion: how come a mature grown up Man Like Hamrlik got cut up into this crap ?? I can understand Andrei saying to sergei that the guy is trust worthy and sergei figured his brother wouldn't screw him, but Hamklik ??

From the sounds of the report, Hamrlik was just a drinking buddy of the guy. There's been no info that there were exchanges of info like that between Hamrlik and him, just the Kostys.

From the sounds of the report, Hamrlik was just a drinking buddy of the guy. There's been no info that there were exchanges of info like that between Hamrlik and him, just the Kostys.

just a victim of circumstances than ??!!

I think I remember reading back then that Begin and Bouillon were annoyed with the way Ribs and Dagenais would show up to practice on the cell phones and stuff. I doubt they were respected by their teammates, in general, especially if he was beefing with the leadership crew. Theo and Ribs were involved in scandal after scandal (Propecia, putting up the middle finger to the cameraman, "if Ryder finished half my passes...", etc...) that it didn't even matter if the stories were true or not anymore.

The francos we have now are all character players except for Tanguay, so not many problems there. I'm actually very, very impressed with Latendresse. I don't even suspect that he's getting into stuff like this. I can't be too sure about Lapierre but he seems to be serious this season. If there's one guy on the team who's on steroids not named Georges, I'd put my money on Lapierre but innocent until proven guilty.

I'm really pissed at the RDS guys who started that yesterday saying that it was so dreadful. They were really pumping the news... Not saying a word on it, but saying that "the habs Temple (shrine would be more suitable in english, but im doing literal translation) would be shaken today".

The big news today is that those RDS guys are total dofus.

What about we sue them :P who's in for a class action against Alain Crete and Normand "le gros cave qui se prend pour un coach" Flynn ?

Theo's stories were worse than that.

And Corson and the gang were shaking more things around (bar brawl, police getting involved, etc)

I think I remember reading back then that Begin and Bouillon were annoyed with the way Ribs and Dagenais would show up to practice on the cell phones and stuff. I doubt they were respected by their teammates, in general, especially if he was beefing with the leadership crew. Theo and Ribs were involved in scandal after scandal (Propecia, putting up the middle finger to the cameraman, "if Ryder finished half my passes...", etc...) that it didn't even matter if the stories were true or not anymore.

Didnt say they were loved by all, just that they werent despised as bad as the english medias (oh, the french medias are not the only ones blowing things out of proportions!) tried to make it look.

Anyway, if guys like Bouillon & Begin were annoyed with kids on cell phones; imagine how annoyed they must be now when kids like Price & SKost show up drunk at practice after coming out of after-hours at 8 in the morning...

The francos we have now are all character players except for Tanguay, so not many problems there. I'm actually very, very impressed with Latendresse. I don't even suspect that he's getting into stuff like this. I can't be too sure about Lapierre but he seems to be serious this season. If there's one guy on the team who's on steroids not named Georges, I'd put my money on Lapierre but innocent until proven guilty.

well, look at the parents Lats have; then look at the parents Theo had. Can make all the difference in the world. Lats is much more mature than his age: to be the toast of town at 19 yrs old and not let it go to your head takes maturity. When it happened to Ribs, he went out and screwed everything in sight and made an ass of himself in the QMJHL.

The NHL on Friday will send security officials to Montreal to meet with local police following reports linking a number of Montreal Canadiens players with an organized crime investigation, sources said.

Source: Espn.com

This may get messy. Local radio is suggesting that a good reason for the poor play of late, is that the players who may be involved are worried about the legal ramifications of being associated with someone who was just arrested.

This may get messy. Local radio is suggesting that a good reason for the poor play of late, is that the players who may be involved are worried about the legal ramifications of being associated with someone who was just arrested.

Andrei and Hamrlik have been far from the problem on the ice. What's Markov, Komi, Kovalev, and Price's legal issues?

All-Star Game-related?

Actually, that probably was Price's problem... getting healthy in time for the All-Star game. He probably should've sat that out and took a conditioning stint in Hamilton, but that's hindsight for you.

Here's my best case scenario:

- Sergei is the only one in big trouble. He got taken in by a guy he thought he could trust and got into some bad things.

- Andrei is involved only to the extent that he was calling Mangiola to tell him to stay away from his brother.

- Hamrlik merely happened to be in the same bar as Mangiola a few times.

Wow, you can tell I'm not an optimist when my best case scenario isn't that the Kosty's just though the guy was a friend who helped them out in a new town and had nothing to do with any of his illegal dealings.

Here's my best case scenario:

- Sergei is the only one in big trouble. He got taken in by a guy he thought he could trust and got into some bad things.

- Andrei is involved only to the extent that he was calling Mangiola to tell him to stay away from his brother.

- Hamrlik merely happened to be in the same bar as Mangiola a few times.

Wow, you can tell I'm not an optimist when my best case scenario isn't that the Kosty's just though the guy was a friend who helped them out in a new town and had nothing to do with any of his illegal dealings.

Here's how I see it. Take it for what it's worth, I have no inside info or anything, it's just about common knowledge that I have about the montreal nightlife (I have some ex-friends or old friends who are "Mangiola in the making")

The guys were partying a lot and after a hard rocking night, Mangiola, who surely had spent the night partying with them, gave them his business card, telling them that if they ever needed ANYTHING, they could trust him, he'd take care of it.

So Mangiola became their kinda party-personal-assistant, since they are not from Montreal, it's kinda handy to have that help.

VIP passes

Limos

drivers

Alcohol delivery in parties after 11PM

surely...

and, maybe, just maybe :

"so called rental" cars? drugs? & prostitutes? that is just maybe. that is why the police decided to get its nose in there... cause those are other services Mangiola is providing. Being a Mangiola friend or client doesn' tnecessarily makes you a criminal.

All we know is that they gave him calls for services... but some services provided by the mob are legal.

The mob (and the bikers) own 3/4 of Montreal.

When you call a limo, it's the mob.

When you reserve at 3/4 of montreal restaurents, it's the mob.

if you go to a club it's definitely the mob.

if you go to an after hour there is no doubt it's the mob.

does any of the above make you a mobster? ;)

this just looks like more yellow journalism of the worst kind maybe price needs a body guard to keep the media away. I've know drug dealers in my time and the closest I ever got to going to jail if I happen to drive by one. Big bomb :wacko:

All we know is that they gave him calls for services... but some services provided by the mob are legal.

The mob (and the bikers) own 3/4 of Montreal.

When you call a limo, it's the mob.

When you reserve at 3/4 of montreal restaurents, it's the mob.

When you go by the name "Alexstream" and quack out loud, it's really the mob

if you go to a club it's definitely the mob.

if you go to an after hour there is no doubt it's the mob.

does any of the above make you a mobster? ;)

:o