Possibly worst pronounciation ever

Sir_Boagalott

w0w, I just watched a clip on TSN's site and it has to be one of the worst pronounciations of a Habs players name that I have ever heard. As soon as he said I started laughing and had to rewind it a bit to hear it again. Kovalev assisted on a goal by who? :lol:

The announcer says it in the first 10 seconds. Heres the link:

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip142447#clip142447

The announcer is actually correct. It's pronounced Plekanets. He actually told reporters a couple of years ago that this is how to pronounce his name so this thread is pretty useless.

I think he meant the "Tomash," which really isn't that bad. I've heard that name pronounced that way before.

Speaking of pronunciation, how do you pronounce Pacioretty. I've known people with that name and they say it "pass-o-retty," but some announcers are saying it "patch-o-retty."

afaik no part of To-mass Plean-ach is right.

I'm pretty sure he has said that is pronounced Plekanets. ^_^

Regarding Pacioretty I've asked aboot a dozen Italians and not 1 has said Patchoretty like all the announcers seem to be saying it. I'm pretty sure the i isnt silent for one. Every Italian I have asked agrees with how I say it and that its pronounced Pack-io-retty. The a is an o sound like pock and the io like I Oh but with no pause or gap. I guess we wont know until he comes out and says how its pronounced.

Regarding Pacioretty I've asked aboot a dozen Italians and not 1 has said Patchoretty like all the announcers seem to be saying it. I'm pretty sure the i isnt silent for one. Every Italian I have asked agrees with how I say it and that its pronounced Pack-io-retty. The a is an o sound like pock and the io like I Oh but with no pause or gap. I guess we wont know until he comes out and says how its pronounced.

I know that usually, Pierre Houde on RDS asks himself the players how to pronounce their name since the "Huette" incident...

?

The announcer says Tomash Plekanets and it's a lot closer than most people get it.

John Liu Pronounced tomas Plekanec's name correctly!

Tomas is pronounc4ed "Tomash" and plekanec, is pronounced "Plekanets"...

this thread is useless!

John Liu Pronounced tomas Plekanec's name correctly!

Tomas is pronounc4ed "Tomash" and plekanec, is pronounced "Plekanets"...

this thread is useless!

not really, i bet you more people are more knowledgeable about Plecky's name now LOL! :lol:

I thought everyone knew that was the right pronounciation. ^_^

On a more hilarious note, I was watching the NHL Network a couple days ago and they blame our PP woes on Hamrlik, saying he was supposed to be our PP guy and that he doesn't have a single PP goal this season.

I think you need to get your hearing checked... He definitely said To-mash Plekanets

On a more hilarious note, I was watching the NHL Network a couple days ago and they blame our PP woes on Hamrlik, saying he was supposed to be our PP guy and that he doesn't have a single PP goal this season.

I have wondered why they never tried him on the top unit. He has a big shot, so it made sense. There was no sense saving him for the 2nd unit when the first unit couldn't do anything.

I like this theory. I'm going to start blaming our goaltending issues on Marc Denis now. He was clearly supposed to be the veteran stabilizing force for the team's young guys.

• 3 weeks later...
I think he meant the "Tomash," which really isn't that bad. I've heard that name pronounced that way before.

Speaking of pronunciation, how do you pronounce Pacioretty. I've known people with that name and they say it "pass-o-retty," but some announcers are saying it "patch-o-retty."

It's Patch - E- oretty

Hence the nick name "Patches"