NHL 2005 - My Dynasty

Fanpuck33_

I got to the playoffs tonight, but I can't play them till next week, when my opponent returns.

Because of this, I simmed the playoffs without saving, so I could explore my options. Before I was even able to offer him a contract, Koivu refused to even talk to me. This is very troubling as I move into the playoffs in my actual season.

[Edited on 2004-12-30 by puck7x]

i guess you are too late in your season to try to negotiate an extension?

If you are able to try that, you can at least get the figure he is thinking about. In my sim I paid probably 500,000 over asking to get a 4 year deal out of him... i figured it was worth it for the payroll stability. Frankly, I'm a bit more worried about keeping Kovalev, he's listed as a scorer but he's really made plays happen and given koivu the bulk of his opportunities.

[Edited on 11/23/2004 by simonus]

I always just resign my guys after the season. I've never had a guy just flat out refuse to negotiate with me. I've offered guys too small contracts that have made them break off negotiations, but never flat out refusal before my first offer.

Since Koivu refused to talk with me though, I just signed the best FA available, aside from Koivu obviously, and traded him with a couple picks to get Koivu back. Hopefully that won't be necessary when I go into the offseason for real though.

How did you offer a 4 year contract anyway? The longest I can offer is 3 years.

[Edited on 1-1-05 by Fanpuck33]

• 1 month later...