Bégin traded to Dallas

MAK

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that Gainey's first move? One of them anyhow. Waiver pickup - desperately needed back then. Another testament to Gainey - he was required back then, and now his skill-set just isn't good enough for the Habs. That said, what a great guy to have during that stretch. His energy will be hard to replace.

I'm surprised nobody is mentioning the fact that this may not only be a salary dump but making room for another trade. What does janik make compared to Steve. Bob might be trying to create space for a bigger trade in the next few days.

On the radio, they said that Janik and Begin make pretty close to the same amount. This appears to be a courtesy move by Gainey to send Begin where he'll see some ice time.

On the radio, they said that Janik and Begin make pretty close to the same amount. This appears to be a courtesy move by Gainey to send Begin where he'll see some ice time.

Begin's cap hit was 1.057 mill, Janik is 500,000. That being said, Janik will probably go straight to Hamilton and never count against our cap.

Begin's cap hit was 1.057 mill, Janik is 500,000. That being said, Janik will probably go straight to Hamilton and never count against our cap.

I'll remember not to count on the Fan 590 for cap information again! But good point on Janik to Hamilton... I suppose the roster spot will be filled by a returning injured guy.

Jeez eh, I'm starting to not like this new trend. Whats it comming to when even the French players dont want to play in Montreal. ^_^

I always liked Begin, but he is semi injury prone and the Habs have too many players who all basically do the same role. Its to bad, but Bob did need to move him, especially if he was unhappy. You cant have people around that are unhappy like that, it becomes a cancer, and needs to be removed ASAP.

Hopefully BGL will get more ice time and be happier. The Habs cant loose BGL or they wont get beyond 1st round.

Good Luck Begin, heres to seeing you in the finals. :clap:

I hope for him to come back in the East next year, play for Boston

and make the hockey staff realise that they made a mistake on how

to use your players.

These are not juggling balls this is professional athletes and when given a

role and stability they will give results to the task.

That is why players are not happy with the coach. They(the players) have no identity.

Just to dump salary with Begin.

I thank him for all that he has done for the organization and knowing that we wouldnt have signed him during the summer it made sense to just get rid of him. Janik is just there for Depth even though he'll never play a gme for the Habs. Obyrne deserves games before him.

So Thankyou Begin. Your heart will be missed.

This ranks right up there in the who cares department.

I liked the guys heart but his leaving will have as much impact on the team as Doug Janik will.

The only way this becomes significant is if Dandy (Maybe big George too) is moved as well and the extra cap space is used on an impact player.

I hope for him to come back in the East next year, play for Boston

and make the hockey staff realise that they made a mistake on how

to use your players.

These are not juggling balls this is professional athletes and when given a

role and stability they will give results to the task.

That is why players are not happy with the coach. They(the players) have no identity.

lets not ever miss a chance to slag the coach. how exactly do u know the team is not happy with the coach?

Jeez eh, I'm starting to not like this new trend. Whats it comming to when even the French players dont want to play in Montreal. ^_^

I always liked Begin, but he is semi injury prone and the Habs have too many players who all basically do the same role. Its to bad, but Bob did need to move him, especially if he was unhappy. You cant have people around that are unhappy like that, it becomes a cancer, and needs to be removed ASAP.

Hopefully BGL will get more ice time and be happier. The Habs cant loose BGL or they wont get beyond 1st round.

Good Luck Begin, heres to seeing you in the finals. :clap:

he was not unhappy if you listen to bob he asked at the beginning of the year if it was possible to move him near the deadline to a team where he had a chance at a regular spot. He realised he would not have a regular spot in montreal and he wants to play. Very professional

Such is Hockey. Begin got pushed aside by younger, bigger, cheaper crash & bangers. As Carbo said: this is the Law of the Jungle. Survival of the fittest.

Thanks Steve for your total dedication. Best of luck in Dallas.

In the same trend: Gainey said he was now mostly looking to find a C that could replace Lang.

The Gazette has a good summary of the Cap implications and the reasons behind the trade. Anyone else contrasting Begin's team- first approach to the antics of BGL and getting pissed at Big George all over again?

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sports/Habs...2748/story.html

Thanks for all hard work Steve. I wish you all the best but I still hate Dallas

Think back to the playoff when he had his jaw busted, then comes back with the cage on and is a whirling dervish smashing into people even with a broken jaw. I love Begin, and I am very sorry that out of Dandy Laraque and Begin, he is the one to go. His story is a good one too. If I remember right, he had a poor education and hockey is the only thing he can count on for money. A guy like Begin should play every game that he isn't injured. His heart will be missed.

Think back to the playoff when he had his jaw busted, then comes back with the cage on and is a whirling dervish smashing into people even with a broken jaw. I love Begin, and I am very sorry that out of Dandy Laraque and Begin, he is the one to go. His story is a good one too. If I remember right, he had a poor education and hockey is the only thing he can count on for money. A guy like Begin should play every game that he isn't injured. His heart will be missed.

love the guy and miss him but on this team he could not play regular Bob did him a favour. No hard feelings either way

lets not ever miss a chance to slag the coach. how exactly do u know the team is not happy with the coach?

I didn't say the team but some of players are.

You want names?? Just players who talked to media's.

Kovalev, Bégin, Dandenault, Tanguay, Laraque.

Player's who i suspect not happy to play the trap on 4 lines.

Kost(2), Kovalev(again), Markov, Tanguay((again)left Calgary because of the trap).

The question is do Carbonneau has the choice of playing the trap, no since they lost control of that team better

play safe and build for the upcoming years while having to fight for playoffs and maybe be out of it.