Nickname Heist!

alexstream

http://www.luttenwe.com/

go to "biographies"

there is a Alex Stream

it's not me :P

haha.

seriously, I was wondering who the f was stealing my nick name on the net (whenever I try to register to a new site, it's taken, whereas up to 2 years ago, it was never never taken, it was unique)

so this is this guy, a wrestler.. he has some cool moves on youtube.

Why am I starting a topic with it? well, I thought it'd be cool if some of you also have "weird" nickname "homonyms", to identify them :P

It's the Internet, people steal all the time :P

Yes, Tony named himself after his local pizzeria and Colin after Angelina Jolie's colon.

Around 2006, I noticed more people using jetsniper (although the s is usually capitalized). There used to be a time where you could google jetsniper and every single entry was some website I joined or post I made on a message board. Now it's a lot of different people. Only 4 entries on the first page are me.

On a side note, is it sad I google myself often? I'm going with YES.

Around 2006, I noticed more people using jetsniper (although the s is usually capitalized). There used to be a time where you could google jetsniper and every single entry was some website I joined or post I made on a message board. Now it's a lot of different people. Only 4 entries on the first page are me.

On a side note, is it sad I google myself often? I'm going with YES.

Just for fun I googled small penises and boom!! there you were :lol:

Came up with mine back when we got AOL back in the day. I wanted Puckfan33, but it was taken, so I just switched it around. Fanpuck obviously because hockey is my favorite sport, 33 because of Larry Bird, begrudgingly Patrick Roy, and a few of my favorite Chill goalies.

I chose Colin out of my deep admiration for Colin Campbell and the work he does for the NHL, particularly in terms of discipline.

Just for fun I googled small penises and boom!! there you were :lol:

Please, put some effort into an insult. At least make it clever.

Googling penises says more about you then me. ;)

Anyway, I got jetsniper randomly. My mom asked me what I wanted my e-mail to be the night before we got the internet and my New York Jets hat was hanging up behind her so the conversation went something like

"jet-something"

"what should something be?"

"I dunno, a cool word"

"Well pick something"

"Uhh.....sniper. jetsniper"

Took 5 seconds to come up with. On the off chance jetsniper is being used, I add 33 because of Patrick Roy. The man is my own personal God. I think the only jetsniper33's I use though are my GT on Xbox Live, my gamefaqs/gamespot account and my current e-mail.

hey I'm sick so give me a break,you curling-loving, tim-horton-drinking, bullriding, chinook whorshiping Calgarian !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

Can't argue with that.

Jennifer Jones isn't too bad to look at though, especially all done up in that Capital One commercial.

+1

HAAAAAAAARRRRRRD

Can't argue with that.

Jennifer Jones isn't too bad to look at though, especially all done up in that Capital One commercial.

and the dude kinda looks like Daniel Alfredson !!!

Googling penises says more about you then me. ;)

Anyway, I got jetsniper randomly. My mom asked me what I wanted my e-mail to be the night before we got the internet and my New York Jets hat was hanging up behind her so the conversation went something like

"jet-something"

"what should something be?"

"I dunno, a cool word"

"Well pick something"

"Uhh.....sniper. jetsniper"

Took 5 seconds to come up with. On the off chance jetsniper is being used, I add 33 because of Patrick Roy. The man is my own personal God. I think the only jetsniper33's I use though are my GT on Xbox Live, my gamefaqs/gamespot account and my current e-mail.

haha nice.

my first nickname was weird. It was right when Hello Nasty ('98, that's when we got internet december 98. I had it at school for a while before that, can't remember if I had email or nickname before that though, I don't think so) went on the shelves and I've always been the biggest Beastie Boys fan. I could have gone with Mike D or MCA or Hurricane... but I somehow thought "MixMaster" sounded cool. I didn't want to steal MixMaster Mike, so I was looking for a add on... and I went with the worst possible add on, I don't know why, maybe because I thought it read well, it flowed and rimmed... but it wasn't cool at all :P

anyways, are you ready? Mix Master Happy Pappy. ppppffwwwhaaaa :lol:

it lasted a while. I used it mainly on ICQ I think... one other place, but I can't remember.

Otherwise, after that, maybe in 2000, I decided to go something closer to my name. My real name is Alex, and particularly in french, you can make up some expressions starting with À l'ex. e.g. à l'extérieur (outdoor) à l'extreme (to the extreme), etc.

I thought it'd be cheesy and fun to use the latter. but I don't like the way it sounds in french (extrème, the ème is prounced like the letter M. I wanted it to sound the same in both language, so I wrote Stream, to be unequivocal :P

my brother has always had the coolest nicknames. on Starcraft, his name was Zormito. that's my all time favorite. it's original, it's creative, it's unique.

Mine was created on purpose for playing on Pokerstars.com. I wanted a nickname who was low profile, a nickname that nobody would notice until I win the game :).

And I was reading a book called the Genesis Code and the main character's name is Joe Lassiter. I just added an extra "s" to not copy it and found out on Pokerstars that this nickname was everything but low profile because everyone kept asking me if I chose my nickname because of John Lassiter, a guy from Pixar I think....

Mine was created on purpose for playing on Pokerstars.com. I wanted a nickname who was low profile, a nickname that nobody would notice until I win the game :).

And I was reading a book called the Genesis Code and the main character's name is Joe Lassiter. I just added an extra "s" to not copy it and found out on Pokerstars that this nickname was everything but low profile because everyone kept asking me if I chose my nickname because of John Lassiter, a guy from Pixar I think....

I always thuoght it was your real name.

Anyway, BTH has become the most legendary message board name ever. Name your kids after it.

I've used lazy26 for many, many years, and contrary to what most assume, it doesn't refer to a hockey player. (although it certainly fit Dags!) I was in high school, trying to think up a clever name for my email address, and I couldn't come up with anything. I concluded I was to lazy to come up with a good idea, tagged on my birthdate, and the legend was born.

I googled lazy26 for the first time tonight... found a user profile with an avatar of someone doing blow... Also found a few profiles in France and Germany.

I've used lazy26 for many, many years, and contrary to what most assume, it doesn't refer to a hockey player. (although it certainly fit Dags!) I was in high school, trying to think up a clever name for my email address, and I couldn't come up with anything. I concluded I was to lazy to come up with a good idea, tagged on my birthdate, and the legend was born.

I googled lazy26 for the first time tonight... found a user profile with an avatar of someone doing blow... Also found a few profiles in France and Germany.

You were born in 1926!? You're as old as my grandpa!

:P

mine is cuz i'm a reverend and my name is rob. thrilling, eh? oh wait - the thrill is in the 2 extra v's!!!