Habsworld Official 2009 Trade Deadline Thread

Connolly resigns with Buffalo for 2 years(9 mill) .....Sportsnet

too much money in my opinion for a guy who hasn't been healthy in years

They don't give Briere 5 million but they give this guy 4.5? That GM gets way too much credit for simply keeping Lindy Ruff for 10+ years.

Edited by markierung

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too much money in my opinion for a guy who hasn't been healthy in years

They don't give Briere 5 million but they give this guy 4.5? That GM gets way too much credit for simply keeping Lindy Ruff for 10+ years.

I asked the TSN panel that same question not 40 mins ago Markie.

I'd love to hear the answer.

TSN saying Jokinen going to Calgary is almost done.

That would make them A definite contender. Along with DET, SJ and VAN

It would give them a better team than the year they made the finals

Edited by markierung

I bet the guys on TSN are sorry they called Vermette up. He won't shut up. :P

Update: Leopold to Calgary apparently. So, Jokinen back up for grabs? I wonder what their cap situation is now. If they want him, the have to move big money, which Pheonix won't take.

Also, Andy Wozniewski for Danny Richmond.

Edited by ForumGhost

HAHAHAHA, Leopold back to Calgary My brother in law is gonna be pissed, he hated him.

We get Nycholat, prospect and a pick according to TSN's website. I figured he'd be going East, I'm surprised.

Jokinen would've been a bad deal for the Flames, that'd throw a gigantic wrench into re-signing Cammy who they obviously don't want to lose. It's already going to be tough to re-sign him, Jokinen would make it worse.

Edit: We get Ryan Wilson and Montreal's 2nd round pick. Eh.

Edited by jetsniper

Re: the Leclaire trade...

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!

Holy crap, what the heck is going on in Columbus. I don't care that Mason had taken over as #1, Leclaire is one of the best goalies in the game. Get a better training program and maybe those health issues get better. AND a 2nd? For Vermette? I mean, give Vermy credit, very good two-way forward. But...

But this is highway robbery. Columbus fans are going to be regretting this for years to come.

Incidentally, best non-deadline move (by far) so far? Burrows. I would have given my left leg for that guy.

Incidentally, best non-deadline move (by far) so far? Burrows. I would have given my left leg for that guy.

I may be wrong, but I don't think your left leg would be all that valuable to the Vancouver Canucks.

Toronto officially claims Martin Gerber and Eric Weitz

Dallas claims Brendan Morrison

Sabres acquire Mikael Tellqvist from Phoenix, not sure whats going the other way.

Edit: Phoenix gets a 4th rounder

Edited by jetsniper

I may be wrong, but I don't think your left leg would be all that valuable to the Vancouver Canucks.

Just Reported, Burke trades a 6th round pick for this "left leg". When asked by reporters as to why a rebuilding team would trade for a left leg, Burke replies "I don't have to answer to the media." He then procedes to go back on his tough guy words and explains the deal to the media: "We needed some added toughness and I feel we get this with the aquisition of left leg. Besides, what good has ever come from a 6th round pick"

HAHAHA! I can't beleive that Burke picks up Gerber. For what? I'm so glad the laffs got Burke. He's going to run them into a hole!

Edited by markierung

HAHAHA! I can't beleive that Burke picks up Gerber. For what? I'm so glad the laffs got Burke. He's going to run them into a hole!

Probably just means they're shutting Toskala down for the year. His contract is done at the end of the season anyways, hardly putting them in any sort of hole.

So who can we shift our sights to now? Antropov would probably fit the bill.

:puke: :puke:

target probably moves to a Dman here... Morris likely. There doesn't appear to be an impact Centreman available

I don't see how antropov would be an upgrade on any of our C. And he doesn't fit on the 4th

I've read various rumors that Gainey has inquired about Duke. Since Giguere has no idea how to trade, it probably won't cost much either!

who's Duke?