Backpacking Europe

JMMR

This summer I am backpacking through Europe for 2-3 month and there are a good number of European posters on here.

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in showing me around your home towns or countries or just meeting for a beer somewhere.

Sounds great man, though i live in east-Holland and my town aint that interesting. But if your in the area, we could have a drink together and have a great hockey conversation. I dont have those to often!

Your already having a schedule?? And plans on what to visit?? Are you going to write a blog about it?

Sounds great man, though i live in east-Holland and my town aint that interesting. But if your in the area, we could have a drink together and have a great hockey conversation. I dont have those to often!

Your already having a schedule?? And plans on what to visit?? Are you going to write a blog about it?

No plans on blogging not yet anyways.

DO you have facebook or msn?

Sorry...what's so gross about Peanut Butter? Nothing beats a good PB&J sandwich.

Sorry...what's so gross about Peanut Butter? Nothing beats a good PB&J sandwich.

Seriously.

or Peanut Butter on toast in the morning.

I am pretty sure its a North American thing.

There's a Canadian pub in London called the Maple Leaf that shows playoff games to packed crowds of ex-pats that I'd be happy to introduce you too, should the Habs not get swept to the golf course (or you go band-wagon with the Blackhawks).

There's a Canadian pub in London called the Maple Leaf that shows playoff games to packed crowds of ex-pats that I'd be happy to introduce you too, should the Habs not get swept to the golf course (or you go band-wagon with the Blackhawks).

As of right now I do not think I will be doing the UK at all.

And I am not leaving until the Cup Finals are over.

Naah they do it over here, i just cant stand the smell of peanutbutter. Horrible....it makes me sick.

Nice, everybody take a weird look at me everytime I say that I can't stand this smell. This and maple cookies, can't stand it.

• 5 weeks later...
Just booked my flight,

June 16th to Munich.

First stop: German beers! :clap:

You have an itinerary? I know you said 'hitchhike' but that's not as easy/common as it used to be, a Eurail pass could give you added options for getting round...

If you should happen to end up in Västerås, Sweden, you might want to check out our cathedral.

North side of the Cathedral.

North side again.

Side entrance.

Window on the north side.

The tower.

Front entrance.

Window on the north side.

Interior.

Another window on the north side.

More ornaments.

I wish I knew what these things are called.

Is this what's called an altar-piece?

Centre aisle. Camera facing west and the front entrance.

Window on the south side.

This one can't be that old though - the red tower on the left, with the green funny-looking rooftop... that's the ASEA central office and it's gotta be from the 20th century. It was built finished in 1919 it seems.

Another window on the south side.

And another one.

And a final one.

Close-up.

Centre aisle, camera facing east.

That's it for now folks.