HW Introductions (Archives)

Thanks sakiqc, I've been following you all for a while now, this is a great website. I am thrilled to be a part of it.

I was just trying out the sigs/ avatar for my profile at the same time, I didn't know how else to post it except to say hi to everybody as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'm a HUGE, and i mean HUGE habs fan, but i'm sure many of you can say the same. And I'm glad this forum gives me the opportunity to talk with you all.

I'm 17, and from Montreal. My fav player is Richard Zednik. Fav Defenceman is Craig Rivet, and of course, everyones gotta luv Steve Begin.

In other stuff, I play lead guitar for my band, we just starting up so we aren't the best or anything, but its all good :D. I'm Going to Vanier next year for commerce program, should be loads of fun, and hard work.

Uhh, what elsE?... lolz. I hope to be a writter soon for the HW site, and all. It's kinda a dream job of mine, to just work in someway with the Montreal Canadiens, and I follow them alwayz, so, writting about them certainly wouldn't be hard.

You can check out sum of my sites...

Http://psycing.tripod.com

Http://bendingminds.blogspot.com

Http://5threalmband.tripod.com

Hiu everyone, i just found this forum. I usually post on Metroboards, and wanted to find another place to talk about the greatest sports franchise in the history of all sports!!! (i'm starting to sound like a Torontonian!!!:/))

Anyways, looking forward to some great discussions!!!

Hey habsfan, glad you found out about us... I look forward to reading your future posts...

Oh and ... Spiderman-NL, your the man! You've probably referred 5+ people here already.

Hey I think I've welcomed you already, but again I'll say it, Welcome to HW. Its always great to have new active members, especially during the slow summer...

Have fun posting!

Thx again :D.... yea summer is alwayz really slow and shitty for me without hockey, this place really gives me somwhere to let my hockey blood keep flowing.... (theres nothing worse then "pins and needles" feeling when the blood in a part of ur body slows.. lol) (hope i make sense :P)

• 3 weeks later...

As for the subject and icon; sorry for the cheap Stones rip-off...

Well, I just wanted to let you all know you have a new guy here.

I've been a Canadiens fan since Mats Näslund's days, he was my favourite player. First ever Habs game I saw was the last game of the 1989 Stanley Cup Finals (in the middle of the night, live on Swedish television), which we sadly lost to the Calgary Flames. And naturally, I still have the last game from the 1993 Finals on video tape.

I also visited Montreal in January 2001. One of my two brothers and I saw three games at the Molson Centre: vs the Hurricanes (a 2-3 OT loss), vs the Lightning (a 3-1 or 4-1 win) and vs the Rangers (a 2-2 tie). That was one of the greatest moments of my life.

Well, there's obviously a lot more I could say, but this will do for now.

[Edited on 2004/8/5 by Doktor Kosmos]

Great to have another habs fan around, and one from a more distant land :D... its great to see so many Habs' Fans from all over the world... Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

What?! Sveriges Televisios broadcasted the finals 1989?

Are this true? I have asked SVT for Montreal Canadiens games but they said that they never have televised any.

Well, they did. They did broadcast a couple of games that season. I remember watching at least two games prior to the Habs-Flames final: THe Los Angeles Kings hosted the Nyew York Rangers. THe big deal was that a Swede was playing on the same line as Wayne Gretzky (Tomas Sandström).

I also remember seeing the Winnipeg Jets, I think they played the Rangers as well, but I'm not sure of that.

These games were not broadcast live. I believe they were aired on a couple of Sundays, but that's all I can remember, I'm afraid I cannot be more specific.

ch_nl, this is so long ago I'm not surprised whoever you talked to/wrote to had forgotten. Try getting in touch with them again though: they DID broadcast these games!

Also, I saw a game when Montreal visited Pittsburgh during the 1990/91 season, but that was on Eurosport. Denis Savard scored two for Montreal, and Guy Carbonneau and Sylvain Lefebvre (I think) scored the other two goals in a 4-4 tie. Mario Lemieux scored two goals for the Penguins.

One of Savard's goals was a real trade-mark spin-o-rama goal. He deked Ulf Samuelsson and Tom Barrasso, and put a backhander in the back of the net from Barrasso's right hand circle. That was one of the sweetest goals I ever saw!:clap:

[Edited on 2004/8/5 by Doktor Kosmos]

Hmmm Ok.

Cool, do you have a copy of the game? If you have Im pretty sure that me, jeppa and Lazlo are intressted in getting a copy...

I think it's cool that five (5!) swedish habs fans has found this site. Wondering how many more there are out there...

Mostly people in Sweden are cheering for a team with a swedish tradition. Rangers, Avalanche and the Leafs.

My guess is that Toronto, Detroit and Colorado are the teams with most supporters here. But it's only a guess...

Are you saying Mats Näslund, Kjell Dahlin, Peter Popovic and Johan Witehall isn't Swedish tradition? :o

;)

I know what you mean though. I think you are right about most NHL fans here supporting those teams you mentioned.

I don't know if I have access to two video recorders... but maybe. Maybe my grandpa has two, I'm not sure. Or maybe I can check with mom and dad. They are out of town, maybe I can borrow their vcr, if I can only find it (they hardly use it these days, what with DVD's and such). I'll try reaching them on their cell phone tomorrow.

They are on vacation in Skåne BTW, Nyhamnsläge or Höganäs I think. Near Kullens fyr, isn't it? My dad has a childhood friend who lives there with his family. And one of mom's best friends lives outside of Sjöbo. WHen me and my two brothers were kids, we often went on summer vacation in Skåne. :)

Anyway, it will be a pleasure for me to get you and the other guys a copy of the game, if I can just find a way. I'll start investigating if I have the possibility to copy the video tape. Feel free to remind me in a while or so if I forget about it.

It IS cool that there are other Swedish Canadiens fans here! I started posting on a Pittsburgh Penguins messege board a couple of years ago, and it was just the other day I found out about this forum. There are few Swedes over on that board, basically it's just me and one more guy (from Västerås too, I know him in person, it was his suggestion I should start posting there), and there are a few others who drop by every once in a while, but not that often alltogether. There are a bunch of Europeans though, one of which is from Denmark, and that's almost Sweden, isn't it? ;) 'Specially your part of Sweden.:D

Well, it's really late now, past two o'clock at night Swedish time. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know about my inquiries about mom and dad's or grandpa's videos.

[Edited on 2004/8/6 by Doktor Kosmos]

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Ottawa. I came across this site the other day, and it looks good! I'm originally from Montreal (born and raised) and I've been in Ottawa for the past 10 years, but the Habs are still my team.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to having some good conversations with you all.

Go Habs Go! :hlogo:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

Just wanted to say Hi and that I love the site and the articales here.

I am from FanHome and post there and have been reading here for awhile.

anyhow :ghg:

:hlogo: