HW Introductions (Archives)

• 1 month later...

Hello my name is Mel and live in Holland next to Eindhoven if you know where that is...

I'm a great habs fan since i found NHL.com in holland icehockey isn't a big deal the only thing they really watch is soccer and i don't like that.

I'm a goaly at field hockey... i always wanted to play ice hockey but i can't because i can't skate :nono:

But i am pleased with the fact i can do something i am good at. Many moves i use in the goal to make a save i got from looking at theodore so i got a Habs shirt to put on in my matches i hope i've informed you well...

Mel "The Duke"

Hey Duke (Hejduk?) welcome to HW. I was just in Holland this summer, though Eindhoven was one of the places I wasnt able to visit (drove by it a few times I'm pretty sure) you live in a great country.

Have fun on the forums!

Originally posted by ch_nl

What's the thing with Holland and the Habs?!

i don't know i just think they hockey good. But not every dutch is a Habs fan. i've got 2 friends who also like hockey but one is a flyer fan and the other a ducks fan i still cant figure out why

I live in a country that loves hockey but still we're a minority as Habsfan.

I'd say that the Avalanceh, Canucks, Rangers and the Leafs are the most popular teams in Sweden.

Originally posted by Duke

Hello my name is Mel and live in Holland next to Eindhoven if you know where that is...

I'm a great habs fan since i found NHL.com in holland icehockey isn't a big deal the only thing they really watch is soccer and i don't like that.

I'm a goaly at field hockey... i always wanted to play ice hockey but i can't because i can't skate :nono:

But i am pleased with the fact i can do something i am good at. Many moves i use in the goal to make a save i got from looking at theodore so i got a Habs shirt to put on in my matches i hope i've informed you well...

Mel "The Duke"

Welcome welcome fellow dutchman! Great 2 have more of us Dutchies here!!

(btw the Holland - Habs connection, dunno what it is, but a lot of my friends like other clubs. but what do they know about hockey :D (they ain't big hockey fans like me)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

My name is Daniel and I've been registered for some time without posting, so I thought I'd come out of the shadows. :)

I noticed there are other Swedes here as well, which is nice. :/)

I've been a Habs fan since I watched the 1992-93 season on TV. (good ol' days when you could watch the NHL here without paying a bundle of money for extra cable channels...)

I'm from Umeå, which is up north and home of Björklöven, Swedish champions in 1987 (another good ol' days there :D ) They're in the same division as Ryder's Leksand, and I've been working as a scorekeeper for six seasons now. I did the same thing during the 1999-2000 World Junior Championships, which was cool. :clap:

I'll be quiet now. :P

[Edited on 2004-12-30 by puck7x]

Originally posted by thunderbutt

Hey everyone!

My name is Daniel and I've been registered for some time without posting, so I thought I'd come out of the shadows. :)

Hey Daniel, welcome. Love your username.

I noticed there are other Swedes here as well, which is nice. :/)

Yup, we are stacked with Swedes here. I find it surprising that so many Swedes are habs fans despite the fact that the habs havent had any "star" Swedes on the team in years (Last one was Mats I guess), we havent had many Swedes in general over the past decade, Sundstrom, Dackell, Witehall (lol), Popovic,. You Swedes must have good taste in hockey teams.

I'll be quiet now. :P

Nah, you should speak up... (as long as your posts are decent ;) )

Great to meet fellow countrymen on a foreign messege board. :clap:

I am from Västerås, Thunderbutt, so I guess we are sort of competitors. Back in the days I rooted for Björklöven, before Västerås IK qualified for the Elite League. Matti Pauna and Göte Wälitalo (sp?) were my favourite players.

It is because of Mats Näslund that I am a Habs fan, and I've been so since the mid 1980's.

I too remember the "glory days" (;)) when you didn't have to pay an arm and a leg to see NHL games on Swedish TV. I still have the final game from the 1993 Stanley Cup finals on video tape. Good bless Kanal 5 Nordic (or whatever they were called back then). :lol:

Add: Since I am from Västerås, Peter Popovic is obviously one of my all-time favourite Canadiens. :/)

[Edited on 2004/11/8 by Doktor Kosmos]

Thanks,

I've got a great pic that comes with it but I'm not sure if you can put a pics with your signature here. Just learning I guess.

Maybe I should start with my avatar.

Originally posted by puck7x

Hey, great to have another member on HW.  

Nice signature btw.

Originally posted by EasternGuy

Gonna be weird, a forum where I'm not the mod. :(

LOL. :D

Hey, is Carmine here too??

I'm not sure if Carmine is on here very much if at all anymore. I think this whole lockout thing has claimed another victim to the darkside of the force:devil:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, glad I found this place. My name's Ty, and I think I finally found the perfect size community to talk about my favourite team EVER! :D

My favourite player ever was Guy Carbonneau, and my current favourite is Michael Ryder. I catch every game I can during the regular season, and watch playoff games religiously (Last year was tough...so many Tampa bandwagoneers here :)). I'm also a news junkie and a huge classic rock freak.

So, nice to meet be here, hopefully soon we'll have some hockey to talk about!:ghg:

Welcome to the board. Guy was also one of my favorites, a shame we couldn't keep him as an assistant coach after the dispute over his daughters schooling. Our PK hasn't been the same since he left.

I'm sure the lockout will be hard on the Lightning. Their success the last 2 years seemed to be bringing in a lot of fans. Bandwagoners, yes, but hopefully those bandwagoners would have developed into good hockey fans. The NHL can use all the good markets it can get, and Tampa was starting to look promising.

By the way, some would call me a bandwagon Lightning fan, but I assure you, I started following them well before the playoffs. My roommate last year took a liking to the team speed in NHL 2004 when it came out, so we used them a lot for online play, so I started following them a bit. Every time I watch them, all I can think is how awesome it would have been if we could have traded for the top pick in that '98 draft.

Oh no, no, no, I didn't mean to imply ALL Bolts fans were bandwagoneers. We all have our teams that we kind of like to follow alongside. I just meant the ones that couldn't choose a hockey net from a lacrosse stick all of a sudden teasing me about my Habs. ;) And I do think it is a good thing. Lots of Rangers, Wings, Flyers and Leafs fans around here, though. The SPT Forum (Horrible name, it'd be like naming the Edmonton's Arena the "Calgary Sun Forum" )would be FULL of fans of those teams. But, we all kinda have an esperanto like second team to talk about. It's pretty nifty.

[Edited on 2004/12/20 by Habsfan21]

I also didn't mean to imply that I thought that was what you meant. Getting harrassed by that kind of fan has to suck. I guess we just have to hope that now they do know the difference between a hockey and lacrosse goal.

Didn't mean to come off as an ass, I just get a bit defensive when people talk about hockey in Tampa. There is a member here who loves to call the Bolts "a mere fluke" and that them winning the cup was bad for hockey.

I guess I just take it a little personally since I root for them, unless they're playing the Habs of course. Taking heat from my roommate who only liked them because of a video game was not fun.

Don't worry, you didn't come off like that.

But yeah, I even wore my jersey a few times during the playoffs, and got some comments. The REALLY bad part was that some people put the whole anthem booing label on me, when I would never THINK of doing that.

But hey, I'll just use the old 24 > 1 argument. Works every time. ;)

As far as them winning the cup, I don't think it was bad for hockey...I think it (would have) solidified the market. I think the league WAY overexpanded in the American south, and didn't count on the fact it would take a winner like the Bolts to cement a team in people's minds, not just a bunch of crazy spending or stupid promotions. And the Lightning ARE a very talented team, that troika of Richards, Lecavalier and St. Louis is near unstoppable.

Oh, BTW, I'm the guy on the right ;) (I wore the jersey becasue the guy works for the team, had to be polite!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/habs...a/corrected.jpg

Pointing to the 56-57 team, BTW.:hlogo:

Originally posted by puck7x

Wearing the jersey of the team who knocked the habs out of the playoffs? hmmm ;)  

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

At least it's a Lecavalier jersey.. we'll forgive that mistake ;)

Welcome to the HW boards