Are all Americans oblivious to everything around them?

Habitforming

Check this out.... Un ######ing real

WOW

I watched the Canadian military perform a repatriation of fallen soldiers today and then come home to watch this from "the most powerful country in the universe" ?

Shameful and disgusting.

If you feel the need, here is his email.

redeye@foxnews.com

Edited by Habitforming

I just saw that this morning. Canadian government demanded an apology, the host delivered one a couple hours ago.

http://www.canada.com/news/host+apologizes...8836/story.html

Also, the one guy who said he didn't know Canada was in Afghanistan is a chicken shit. He had a comedy date in Edmonton next month but he apparently canceled it yesterday. I thought that was funny.

Ugh, that shit is still on? I figured that pathetic excuse of a show would have been canceled by now. The people on that show are complete tools. As if people needed another reason to bitch about FOX news.

I would respond to your title, Habit, but it doesn't deserve a response.

Ugh, that shit is still on? I figured that pathetic excuse of a show would have been canceled by now. The people on that show are complete tools. As if people needed another reason to bitch about FOX news.

I would respond to your title, Habit, but it doesn't deserve a response.

It was a question...

and your stunned silence is very reassuring. :blink:

The world knows the answer anyway

Of course all Americans are not idiots but this "media" broadcast is tough to take.

Especially if you know a Canadian that gave their life.

or have to watch every single repatriation from close quarters like I do.

It was a question...

and your stunned silence is very reassuring. :blink:

The world knows the answer anyway

It was a question meant as an insult that one would only ask if trying to start a fight. It's insulting to every single American and I for one don't appreciate it. You have every right to be pissed about those idiots' comments, but that doesn't mean you need to try and pick a fight with American members on this board.

Stunned silence? :blink:

I can't even describe how I feel about America right now :puke:

You shouldn't feel anything about America because of this. Those idiots don't speak for all of us.

I know people who fought in Afgahnistan. I've been to CFB Trenton. I've stood on the side of the 401 in silence.

I also recognize satire when I see it...sure, it's done in bad taste...but I have better things to worry about.

If Canadians stopped worrying about the approval of American mediums and personalities, and stopped defining themselves in ways that simply mean "not American", then perhaps we'd find the true meaning of our culture.

Frankly, I could care less about some US based comedic satire gone awry...

Why does everyone in the world feel they need someone to apologize to them for some ridiculous "offense"?

I know people who fought in Afgahnistan. I've been to CFB Trenton. I've stood on the side of the 401 in silence.

I also recognize satire when I see it...sure, it's done in bad taste...but I have better things to worry about.

If Canadians stopped worrying about the approval of American mediums and personalities, and stopped defining themselves in ways that simply mean "not American", then perhaps we'd find the true meaning of our culture.

Why does everyone in the world feel they need someone to apologize to them for some ridiculous "offense"?

you have a good point there zow.

to answer your question, may I suggest the following: because of a lack of self-esteem and very low confidence.

Too bad, I find Doug Benson generally pretty funny.

That show is one of the stupider things on TV - and the second guy who riffed on the story was just an asshole. I'd love to see a mountie beat the sh*t out of him.

here here. :clap:

That was the most disgusting, ignorant thing that I ever remember seeing.

Canadians die in battle on a regular basis.

This is shameful.

What The ######.

I can't even describe how I feel about THAT SHOW right now :puke:

Fixed for you bro :)

How does Fox News still have an FCC license? You would think that some sort of long-term sanctions might have been placed on them after they altered the outcome of a presidential election...

I don't know how many have watched Out-Foxed, or even the fifth estate that looked at this supposed "news" channel, but frankly its embarrassing for Americans that this network dominates the cable ratings the way that it does.

It goes way beyond that.

I know all about satire comedy routines, and it's nothing new. You can do one of these skits anytime about anything except when our military is helping steal another counties oil reserves and sending bodies home for our troubles.

The second people that have given thier lives for a cause that is not thier own there is no comedy and it's a slap in the face to Canadian citizens and to the familys of the fallen soldiers.

Too bad, I find Doug Benson generally pretty funny.

That show is one of the stupider things on TV - and the second guy who riffed on the story was just an asshole. I'd love to see a mountie beat the sh*t out of him.

Buy him a ticket to Vancouver and tell the RCMP he's got a stapler in his luggage.

What's ironic about the whole thing is the ultra-nationalistic American news network is owned by an Australian!!!