Pool/Snooker

Bowling

Darts

Black Jack

Horse competitions of all sorts

Nascar racing

Dogs contest

Hunting / Fishing shows

I would take any of these show off before golf.

Golf is so much not THAT boring to watch compared with :

Pool/Snooker

Bowling

Darts

Black Jack

Nascar racing

Dogs contest

Hunting / Fishing shows

golf is like pool, but with 1000 times more walking around. So worst. The rest is all equally bad, except maybe horse/dogs contests, because there's actually some living being doing something athletic in it.

Golf is so much not THAT boring to watch compared with :

Pool/Snooker

Bowling

Darts

Black Jack

Nascar racing

Dogs contest

Hunting / Fishing shows

I think I might prefer all of those to golf, except maybe the hunting/fishing shows (The Crocodile Hunter rocked though!). I really don't find equestrian that boring, and pool has a quicker pace than golf.

NASCAR at least has the off chance you're going to see some huge fiery crash. That little snippet of excitement beats 5 hours of watching golf.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say I would prefer to look out my window and watch the cars pass by than to turn on the TV and watch them pass by.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say I would prefer to look out my window and watch the cars pass by than to turn on the TV and watch them pass by.

Me too. At least in cars that passes by my window there's some odds a hot girl will be in one of them.

There is Nascar right now on tv. They are driving..... they turn left..... they are named Gordon, Johnson, Wilson, Thompson, etcon. Nascar really rocks !!!

Doing so in Montreal there is always the off chance that you'll see a huge fiery crash.

There is Nascar right now on tv. They are driving..... they turn left..... they are named Gordon, Johnson, Wilson, Thompson, etcon. Nascar really rocks !!!

Good midwestern boys, all-American sport ( :puke: )

too bad there is seldom competition pétanque on television except in France . . .. . .

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I never said I like NASCAR. Just that explosions are cool. I don't know how frequently they happen though, I've only watched one NASCAR race and that was 6 years ago during the summer. And that was only to get out of doing yard work.

Doing so in Montreal there is always the off chance that you'll see a huge fiery crash.

Good midwestern boys, all-American sport ( :puke: )

too bad there is seldom competition pétanque on television except in France . . .. . .

lol True. In Quebec, there's a greater chance, a crash will happen outside your window than in the NASCAR race. :P

we have curling..that's enough, thank you.

lol True. In Quebec, there's a greater chance, a crash will happen outside your window than in the NASCAR race. :P

Last autumn, no kidding, two weeks in Quebec and saw three car crashes. NASCARBEC

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I never said I like NASCAR. Just that explosions are cool. I don't know how frequently they happen though, I've only watched one NASCAR race and that was 6 years ago during the summer. And that was only to get out of doing yard work.

Depends on the track really - some tracks there's hardly any, others have a few but nothing major, while others have multiple big ones. I'd go into specifics, but I sense that'd just bore everyone.

I certainly agree with Koz when it comes to golf, or as I like to call it, "4 hours of Tiger Woods walking." Not golfing, as they show more of him walking to the ball than actually hitting the ball.

What?

Hell man, I fell asleep playing poker.

Chess are way more exciting than poker.

That's because you don't know how to play...

I don't really like playing chess, not enough action.

Guess I'm the only one who is eagerly anticipating the Masters?

Probably one of my favourite sporting events of the year...

I enjoy golf on occasion, though I have to say, they spend all too much time following Tiger's every move. Tying his shoelace, writing on his scorecard, picking his nose.

More Mike Weir I say!

More importantly, though, golf season has started here in some very select places. I'd much rather play than watch, and I'm hoping to get out for my first round shortly.

Have to say that Mike Weir is probably the most annoying golfer to watch on tv. He takes forever before every shot he takes. His practice swings = never ending story.

What?

Hell man, I fell asleep playing poker.

Chess are way more exciting than poker.

Watching poker's great. I would watch chess too if it were on TV. lol

I enjoy golf on occasion, though I have to say, they spend all too much time following Tiger's every move. Tying his shoelace, writing on his scorecard, picking his nose.

More Mike Weir I say!

More importantly, though, golf season has started here in some very select places. I'd much rather play than watch, and I'm hoping to get out for my first round shortly.

Completely agree on Woods, guess its the price we have to pay to see one of the all-time greats though...

Last year I was lucky enough to work at a course so I got free golf all summer. Not sure if I'll be doing that again, and that would significantly reduce the amount of rounds I get to play this year. Too damn expensive.