GMail

sakiqc

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

What the heck is GMail anyway?  I always see it in people's AIM profiles and such.

Its the google email service. One gig of storage space, great spam filtering, and lots of pretty neat features.

You NEVER have to delete anything to make room when you have a gmail account.

Yeah, GMail is THE revolutionary email service. No annoying advertisement like with MSN Hotmail. Plus it has the google simplicity. Nice interface, powerful search function (who needs folder anymore??!). Easy to follow replies. Filters, labels, and more useful settings. Plus yeah, 1 Go space lol.

It's not open to public yet, still on Beta mode. But people already registered can give Invites. I got an account earlier and received many Invites I can give. So if you any HW member want one, give me your email where to send the sign-up link.

• 1 month later...

I have 50 GMail invites that I can give now. If anyone still don't have a google email account, get it one now before there's no word left in the dictionary lol. I was lucky enough to get a firstname.lastname@gmail.com account.

If anyone is interested, tell me and i'll send you an invite with pleasure

[Edited on 2005-2-15 by sakiqc]

Originally posted by Tony

I also got 50 GMail invites. I don't know about you people but I rarely use my GMail account. I've been using the same Hotmail account for like 5 years now.

well yeah, it depends of the utilisation you make from your email accounts, if you really need it. I get around 25-50 emails/day and i have a dozen email address. What I do is I autoforward all my emails to my gmail account. Gmail has no annoying ads and filters 99.9% of the junk. The tool i'm in love with is the Searching feature (google power). I don't have to delete any mail and when i'm searching for something, i get it in a second.

I still have my first hotmail account (for 7 years now), but i only use it when i have to give an email on a website :P

Plus, there's a "GMail notifier" program that you can install and you get notify instantly when you get mail.

And GMail is like a message board by regrouping all your answers/replies on the same page.. pretty cool

I sound like trying to convert people to GMail, but lol there's no bonus point or anything.. it's just an awesome email account

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Biff Malibu

I would gladly take one of those invites off of somebody's hands, if you still have one to spare.

I have been fed up with Hotmail the past month. I am taking Marketing in College and naturally we have a lot of group assignments. Well, we are constantly sending files back and forth and lately it seems like everything I try to either send or receive contains a virus. The same has been happening to some of my friends just trying to send a simple attachment. I know my files don't contain viruses, and I trust my friends to not infect me with one, but Hotmail won't let me take that risk of even opening the file. Yeesh!

There are plenty of sites that give away those G Mail invites... here are a few:

http://isnoop.net/gmail/

http://gmail.snakez.org/

http://getagmail.designnectar.net/

http://www.highwayman.org/gmail/

http://www.iheartmorganwebb.com/

Plenty of Gmail's to go around, and no need to beg for it from someone who will hold it over you in the future ;)

Guest Biff Malibu

Thanks for the invitation!

If it isn't too much trouble could somebody please send an invitation to at

Thanks again.

[Edited on 2005/3/9 by Biff Malibu]

Originally posted by simonus

definitely agree with the sentiment, but isnt that catherine bell in your picture?

Yeah, it is Catherine Bell. I just mentioned Morgan Webb because a site about her was listed on this thread as one that gives away gmail accounts.

Originally posted by Biff Malibu

Thanks for the invitation!

If it isn't too much trouble could somebody please send an invitation to Jewel at kart_racer24@hotmail.com

Thanks again.

I sent an invitation. Tell Jewel to check is spam box, because hotmail filters gmail invites sometimes as spam hehe

Guest Biff Malibu
I sent an invitation. Tell Jewel to check is spam box, because hotmail filters gmail invites sometimes as spam hehe

Thanks a lot. She received it.