Apr. 7/09 | Montréal vs. Rangers | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unlikely they win another game this season without Markov or Schneider.

There best hope is sneaking in the back door.

Only hope is that the Bruins rest a TON of guys because they have already clinched the conference and can't get the president's trophy somehow. And I'm sure they'll do whatever it takes to ensure they play us in the first round if possible...because we'd be an easier match for them than Florida or the Rangers in our current state.

He's not ready to carry the load as an NHL #1 goaltender yet...

" Yet " is a key word; he'll be great, but in 2 years.

Roy, on the other hand, made love to pressure

Yay

PP

Pointless ?

He's not ready to carry the load as an NHL #1 goaltender yet...

And Halak is? Give it a rest. This team was going to coast into the playoffs and lost their two best d-men.

he'll be great, but in 2 years.

That's purely speculative...he could just as easily be a complete bum in two years....there is no guarantee which Carey Price is the 'real' Carey Price as of yet.

And Halak is? Give it a rest. This team was going to coast into the playoffs and lost their two best d-men.

I didn't say that...don't put words in my mouth. Neither of them is the kind of guy that will shut the door and steal you games when your team is in deep s*!t with any regularity. In a perfect world, the team would be going strong and wouldn't need to have their goaltender(s) steal games, but that's not the case.

That's purely speculative...he could just as easily be a complete bum in two years....there is no guarantee which Carey Price is the 'real' Carey Price as of yet.

I didn't say that...don't put words in my mouth. Neither of them is the kind of guy that will shut the door and steal you games when your team is in deep s*!t with any regularity. In a perfect world, the team would be going strong and wouldn't need to have their goaltender(s) steal games, but that's not the case.

Price = Raycroft ?

" Yet " is a key word; he'll be great, but in 2 years.

Roy, on the other hand, made love to pressure

Yay

PP

Pointless ?

Roy at 21 was benched for Brian Hayward. I said two weeks ago that he would not regain form

this season, and everybody jumped back on board when he played ok. Nothing has changed, if he was

playing on the Blue Jackets/Wild/Devils he would look a hell of a lot more adequate.

Last night's loss is the one everybody will look back on as the backbreaker.

This season is over, mark it up as a learning experience.

You best bet is to turn on the Panthers game and cheer for Philly.

Edited by Wamsley01

And Komisarek gets out-muscled again...I hope they don't re-sign him unless he promises to get off the yoga bullshit conditioning program and instead promises to hit the heavy iron. He's a total pussy.

Here is a thought... instead of hoping Price turns into Roy, why not go out and get a number 1 goalie and let Price be a backup until he steals the job.. you know.. like most goalies have to?

I wouldn't lay this on Price. Maybe indirectly. I find he can be cold when sitting too long or (and I hate to mention it) when contraversy strikes. In and out he's good. But long stretches he can be cold.

The playoffs start in 8 days. Price has to see action. You can't put him in cold in game 1 round 1. The sooner he plays - the better. The way this game is going - IT AIN'T PRICE - regardless of the 2nd goal gaffe with Gorges.

Get a f---ing point at least and support Carey line 1 2 and 3 - NOW!

1-1 panthers flyers.

Plex and Kosty really need to step it up. Both looked like they were turning it around a few weeks ago, now back to being invisible.

Here is a thought... instead of hoping Price turns into Roy, why not go out and get a number 1 goalie and let Price be a backup until he steals the job.. you know.. like most goalies have to?

Price have to EARN it? You don't say...what a novel concept!

I don't think this team has what it takes to make it!

Last nights game was alot more important than most people realised. Last was THE game we HAD to win. We all knew that tonight's game, thursday's game and Saturday's game were gonna be alot tougher!

I don't blame price for tonight...the Kid is still learning!

21 year old goaltenders do not hold franchises on their backs. You guys are all free to check and find

one post expansion who won games on his own and propped up a brutal defensive squad to greatness.

Roy did not seperate himself from Hayward until he turned 23, until then he was equal to an average NHL goaltender.

Roy's early legend was forged over 20 great playoff games and followed by two years of inconsitency.

Blaming him and whining about him is pointless. This is on the veterans, if they cannot win ONE game over their final

four then it must be the goaltenders fault.

So unimaginative.

I wouldn't lay this on Price. Maybe indirectly. I find he can be cold when sitting too long or (and I hate to mention it) when contraversy strikes. In and out he's good. But long stretches he can be cold.

The playoffs start in 8 days. Price has to see action. You can't put him in cold in game 1 round 1. The sooner he plays - the better. The way this game is going - IT AIN'T PRICE - regardless of the 2nd goal gaffe with Gorges.

Get a f---ing point at least and support Carey line 1 2 and 3 - NOW!

The entire team is responsible, not just Price, not just Halak. Doesn't change the fact that this team needs some major reno in the off season starting in goal and ending with Koivu and Komi.

I don't think this team has what it takes to make it!
I'm worried that their confidence is sinking due to the injuries. Gainey has a good system and there is some good hustle, but they're not clicking on plays - even easy ones right now.

It's not good. And it sucks we are paying attention to out of town scores. :angry: