Apr. 7/09 | Montréal vs. Rangers | Game Thread

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that whenever the Habs play a team that played the previous evening, the other team almost never looks tired when the 3rd period rolls along? But whenever the Habs play back to back games, they look completely out of it in the 3rd???

Man, the canes are up 8-0. Whoever faces them in the first round is going to be in tough.

Yeah, they are peaking at the right time for sure.

NJD may not be as tough to beat as people think...

That was a weak holding call.

Someones gonna have to cherry pick on this pk.

Wow, 9-0 final canes. Outshot the Islanders 56-11....

How many 2 on 1's have the Rangers had tonight. And another Crossbar

well.. nice to see our talented vets step up...

Funny, Breezy and Dandy have played well and they are the "spare part" vets. Shame the other high priced help didn't play "their best of the season" to make up for Markov and Schneider.

I figured we would lose many of these games, but I had hoped they would go down fighting...

There. We only now need 1 point in two games to guarantee the playoffs. See? We didn't even have to show up. Oh wait... we didn't...

But still! This is a good news day!

Not going to blame the refs for this loss, as clearly the Habs were outplayed on many fronts... but what the hell was with the reffing? How many high sticks, hooks, crosschecks did i see NYR get away with tonight... and then a weak holding call just for kicks at the end against the Habs. Frustrating.

Edited by Cataclaw

There. We only now need 1 point in two games to guarantee the playoffs. See? We didn't even have to show up. Oh wait... we didn't...

But still! This is a good news day!

This is looking all to similar to 2007.

All they need is ONE point or the Panthers to lost ONE Point.

THe Habs also no showed a game to the Rangers that year when 1 point would have clinched.

This is far from signed and sealed.

Edited by Wamsley01

I hate the Bruins announcers...they just said "be sure to watch on Thursday when the Bruins face the most nervous team in North America. The Montreal Canadiens." even if it is true, they could be a little more professional :P

I hate the Bruins announcers...they just said "be sure to watch on Thursday when the Bruins face the most nervous team in North America. The Montreal Canadiens." even if it is true, they could be a little more professional :P

Expecting professionalism from the Bruins announcer is a pipe dream.

I am sure they were singing a different tune entering last season's playoffs.

Alot can change in a season, and with their cap situation entering 2011, they better enjoy

this while they can.

[/quote

They've been elimated by the Habs so many times that they should wish for a Montreal-Boston serie.

Unless they are afraid of us, so weak and vulnerable.

Expecting professionalism from the Bruins announcer is a pipe dream.

I am sure they were singing a different tune entering last season's playoffs.

Alot can change in a season, and with their cap situation entering 2011, they better enjoy

this while they can.

Once Timmy Thomas wakes up and realizes he's Tim Thomas, his new contract is going to look awfully big. Here's hoping he realizes who he is starting on Thursday.

Once Timmy Thomas wakes up and realizes he's Tim Thomas, his new contract is going to look awfully big. Here's hoping he realizes who he is starting on Thursday.

Goalies like Thomas are almost always exposed in the playoffs. When teams gameplan every night

for teams they exploit weaknesses. His insulation that he has enjoyed all season will be countered

and his penchant for overpursuing pucks and the bad goals will return.

I would love for karma to bite the Bruins in the ass and Chara and Wideman to get injured.

This is looking all to similar to 2007.

All they need is ONE point or the Panthers to lost ONE Point.

THe Habs also no showed a game to the Rangers that year when 1 point would have clinched.

This is far from signed and sealed.

I will not be surprised if they lose every single remaining game.

I say this with no rancour. Every team has key players without whom they struggle. We've lost the one absolute key to our team - our equivalent of Iginla or Luongo - and also two huge elements (Lang and Schneider) that Bob cagily added. Couple that to the regression of our young players and the structural weakness of having only one top-4-calibre rushing defenceman, and it's almost guaranteed that we will look bad from here on out. Those who want to fume that 'good teams overcome obstacles' should look at the Flames' record without their key defencemen or consider how the Canucks fared last season when their key D were out.

If/when he either miss the playoffs or are swept from the first round, I just hope fans and media keep in mind these ridiculous injuries. But they won't. (And to be fair, if Carbo had done the job, or the players hadn't quit on him, we'd certainly be in a playoff position now - albeit ripe to be swept).

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber