Habs Officially For Sale - Sold!

KoZed

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll buy them.

I'm then going to ban all media.

Afterwards, I'll make the dressing room language Aboriginie. Coach must be an Aboriginal. No English, no French.

If there's even a peep of a complaint, I'm moving the team to Toronto.

Heard on MIX96 (or Virgin Radio) Sports this morning at 7:30am that there are up to 10 bidders including Serge Savard and the owners of the Montreal Impact The Saputos.

These are the ones who officially asked to see the "books/accounts" of the NHL.

- La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec

- Guy Laliberté du Cirque du Soleil, has no real buying intention

- Les Production Feeling de René Angelil, announced that they wouldn't make an offer

- Joey Saputo and partners, owner of l'Impact de Montréal and Fromages Saputo

- Claridge, Stephen Bronfman

- Québécor, Pierre-Karl Peladeau (that would mean that the Bell Centre would be renamed)

- Roustan Capital, (Bauer)

- Le Groupe Aldo, they denied it

- Spectrum Equity, A 4 billions American investment fund

- La famille Molson

Not on the list, but very active in the medias about buying the Montreal Canadiens :

- Serge Savard and partners (Thibault-Messier-Savard)

- Skoal Tobacco, a chewing tobacco company

- Jean-Sébastien Besner, from Groupe Besner and 19 others young businessmen from Québec with their project (Gillet would keep 50,1%, Molson/Coors 19,9% and the other 30% would be sold to everyday normal people from Québec 100$ for 1 auction. Total : between 100 and 125 millions).

Source for the Besner project : http://lapresseaffaires.cyberpresse.ca/eco...n-au-public.php

Edited by JoeLassister

These are the ones who officially asked to see the "books/accounts" of the NHL.

- La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec

- Guy Laliberté du Cirque du Soleil

- Les Production Feeling de René Angelil

- Joey Saputo and partners, owner of l'Impact de Montréal and Fromages Saputo

- Claridge, Stephen Bronfman

- Québécor, Pierre-Karl Peladeau

- Roustan Capital, (Bauer)

- Le Groupe Aldo, they denied it

- Spectrum Equity, A 4 billions American investment fund

- La famille Molson

Not on the list, but very active in the medias about buying the Montreal Canadiens :

- Serge Savard and partners

- Skoal Tobacco, a chewing tobacco company

- Jean-Sébastien Besner, from Groupe Besner and 19 others young businessmen from Québec with their project (Gillet would keep 50,1%, Molson/Coors 19,9% and the other 30% would be sold to everyday normal people from Québec 100$ for 1 auction. Total : between 100 and 125 millions).

Source for the Besner project : http://lapresseaffaires.cyberpresse.ca/eco...n-au-public.php

I don't think it would be legal to restrict the buying of shares to people in Quebec only.

I don't think it would be legal to restrict the buying of shares to people in Quebec only.

yeah, that's what i'm trying to know. I e-mailed a lawyer friend but got no answer so far.

hey guys, i registered last week, but only got my account accepted today.

last week, i wanted to post news about the injuries, and how schneider would be back before the playoffs, and how Markov's knee injury is topical and will be treated with localized codine if pain persists. He should be back for the 1st round.

today is bigger news.

The habs are sold. I don't know who bought, but sources tell me the press conference will be tomorrow, and the new ownership will be revealed then.

believe what you want to believe, and go habs go!

hey guys, i registered last week, but only got my account accepted today.

last week, i wanted to post news about the injuries, and how schneider would be back before the playoffs, and how Markov's knee injury is topical and will be treated with localized codine if pain persists. He should be back for the 1st round.

today is bigger news.

The habs are sold. I don't know who bought, but sources tell me the press conference will be tomorrow, and the new ownership will be revealed then.

believe what you want to believe, and go habs go!

unles you put an (E5) I dont believe it !! :lol:

I bet it's Celine Dion ^_^

if it's that wench I can't say that I will stay a habs fan for long. no way is any of my money going to pay her husband's gambling debts.

Edited by marky_and_komi

if it's that wench I can't say that I will stay a habs fan for long. no way is any of my money going to pay her husband's gambling debts.

Talking about Angelil...I was at Snake's Poker Lounge in Kahnawake friday night, and René Was there, playing in some Tournament(with his two bodyguards..of course). I managed to talk to him a little, seemed nice enough!

Welcome to the forum bro, im thinking the Saputos bought the Habs?

that would be nice to have local investors !!!

Talking about Angelil...I was at Snake's Poker Lounge in Kahnawake friday night, and René Was there, playing in some Tournament(with his two bodyguards..of course). I managed to talk to him a little, seemed nice enough!

Interesting, I was supposed to go last Friday for the tournament but didn't. It seems everyone goes there!

Welcome to the forum bro, im thinking the Saputos bought the Habs?

I work for the Saputo's...i think i would have heard something!

Interesting, I was supposed to go last Friday for the tournament but didn't. It seems everyone goes there!

Yeah. Angelil was there with Pierre Rinfret of 110%. I also saw Alex Tanguay there about 8 months ago!