Habs Officially For Sale - Sold!

KoZed

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum bro, im thinking the Saputos bought the Habs?

thanks man.

Saputo would be great. They have the deep pockets, are local, and have done incredible things with the impact. They're sitting at the top of my favourite potential buyers.

hey guys, i registered last week, but only got my account accepted today.

last week, i wanted to post news about the injuries, and how schneider would be back before the playoffs, and how Markov's knee injury is topical and will be treated with localized codine if pain persists. He should be back for the 1st round.

today is bigger news.

The habs are sold. I don't know who bought, but sources tell me the press conference will be tomorrow, and the new ownership will be revealed then.

believe what you want to believe, and go habs go!

So where is the press conference ? I don't think your "insider" information was very accurate.

hey guys, i registered last week, but only got my account accepted today.

last week, i wanted to post news about the injuries, and how schneider would be back before the playoffs, and how Markov's knee injury is topical and will be treated with localized codine if pain persists. He should be back for the 1st round.

today is bigger news.

The habs are sold. I don't know who bought, but sources tell me the press conference will be tomorrow, and the new ownership will be revealed then.

believe what you want to believe, and go habs go!

Is your source the source that idiot Rejean Tremblay said he had when he supposedly was going to break a story so horrific that it would shake the foundations of the habs franchise?

Uh guys, obvious troll is obvious.

Since when do new applicants have to wait for approval to begin posting?

nope. expect the news very very soon.

and to the other poster, my source is through an audio/visual supplier for the conference.

the injury source was a client of mine that works at Concordia physio.

that's it.

cheers!

That is strange. The NHL and RDS have a contract until 2013. The main point of buying the Habs for Péladeau would be to create a new Habs Channel. But what's the point if you can't present the games of the team before 4 years from now ??

Maybe it would give him some time to prepare it well...

What about the Bell Centre now ?? The Videotron Centre ? The Quebecor Palace ? The PKP Dome ??

What about the Bell Centre now ?? The Videotron Centre ? The Quebecor Palace ? The PKP Dome ??

They can't change the Name of the bell Centre. At least not before 2020. Bell is paying 5 millions$ per year to have it's name on the "phone Booth". Actually, i believe they coughed up the full amount in advance.

They can't change the Name of the bell Centre. At least not before 2020. Bell is paying 5 millions$ per year to have it's name on the "phone Booth". Actually, i believe they coughed up the full amount in advance.

Then I don't believe 1 second that Péladeau is in the deal.

Then I don't believe 1 second that Péladeau is in the deal.

Neither do I!!! I have a hard time beleiving that Péladeau wold get involved knowing that he won't be able to change the nake of the building for at least another decade!

Yep found it on on the Web

Reports say Bell Canada will pay as much as $64 million over 20 years for the naming rights of the Montreal Canadiens home rink. Air Canada will reportedly spend $30 million for the rights to name the home of the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Toronto Raptors for 20 years. GM's deal in Vancouver is worth about $20 million over 20 years, while Scotiabank paid $20 million for a 15-year deal in Ottawa.

That would make it 3.2 millions per year.

Can this contract be canceled by Péladeau ? Can he pay the balance and rename the Bell Centre faster ?? What are his legal options ?

Edit : Source is http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/marketing/ and http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_Bell

Edited by JoeLassister

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Now there's 4 serious bidders left. 2 Quebecois and 2 Americans. The 2 Quebecois are Serge Savard's group and Quebecor!

Pace has picked up and the sale should be finalized mid-June (right before the draft!)

Update:

Now there's 4 serious bidders left. 2 Quebecois and 2 Americans. The 2 Quebecois are Serge Savard's group and Quebecor!

Pace has picked up and the sale should be finalized mid-June (right before the draft!)

Since I don't believe that a new coach will get hired until the ownership picture is clarified, this can't come soon enough. Even our own UFAs/RFAs may not want to sign with us until all of this is settled - let alone other UFAs. Go Serge go!

Serge Savard is also a great idea inasmuch as he *probably* knows and trusts Gainey and therefore will have no intention of cleaning house. Although I've made criticisms of Gainey lately, this organization needs stability.

Neither do I!!! I have a hard time beleiving that Péladeau wold get involved knowing that he won't be able to change the nake of the building for at least another decade!

He could, just buy them out.

Since I don't believe that a new coach will get hired until the ownership picture is clarified, this can't come soon enough. Even our own UFAs/RFAs may not want to sign with us until all of this is settled - let alone other UFAs. Go Serge go!

Serge Savard is also a great idea inasmuch as he *probably* knows and trusts Gainey and therefore will have no intention of cleaning house. Although I've made criticisms of Gainey lately, this organization needs stability.

:clap:

Update:

The one "American" is Graeme Roustan... born in Sherbrooke, raised in Montreal, became a successful buisnessman in the USA, helped bring the NHL to San Jose, and last year bought Bauer Hockey from Nike. He's a dual citizen.

http://www.roustan.com/graeme_roustan.html

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/274641.html

Yes, that's him with Pierre Boivon and Gerald Tremblay in the RDS article.

I think I know who I'd prefer as the owner of the Montreal Canadiens.

The one "American" is Graeme Roustan... born in Sherbrooke, raised in Montreal, became a successful buisnessman in the USA, helped bring the NHL to San Jose, and last year bought Bauer Hockey from Nike. He's a dual citizen.

http://www.roustan.com/graeme_roustan.html

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/274641.html

Yes, that's him with Pierre Boivon and Gerald Tremblay in the RDS article.

I think I know who I'd prefer as the owner of the Montreal Canadiens.

any of the 3 would have pro and cons.

1. Quebecor = control of the media. literally.

2. Serge Savard. Passing the torch (bis). Won 2 cups as the GM. would bring back some pride and "identity" maybe??

3. That American guy. he's still from MTL. probably the richer of all 3. knows hockey (Nike Bauer) and would probably be less partial than a guy like Serge Savard.

With any of the 3, I'm happy... and would say that we'd be in better hands than with Gillet, although he's really been classy during his tenure. I just don't like the fact that he didn't know anything about hockey before buying his cash producing toy.

any of the 3 would have pro and cons.

1. Quebecor = control of the media. literally.

2. Serge Savard. Passing the torch (bis). Won 2 cups as the GM. would bring back some pride and "identity" maybe??

3. That American guy. he's still from MTL. probably the richer of all 3. knows hockey (Nike Bauer) and would probably be less partial than a guy like Serge Savard.

With any of the 3, I'm happy... and would say that we'd be in better hands than with Gillet, although he's really been classy during his tenure. I just don't like the fact that he didn't know anything about hockey before buying his cash producing toy.

Hockey-wise, I think Savard would probably be the best we can hope for. But consortium like his' often have trouble to keep things going. With Quebecor, you know they got the dough and means to make the team even bigger than it is right now but they know nothing about hockey, they're in the entertainment business. Dont know much about Roustan, he looks better than Gillet did when he bought the Habs. I think Roustan Inc. is also involved in arenas before buying Bauer.

I wonder who is the other American.

• 2 weeks later...