Canadiens vs. Bruins - Round One

rafikz

Hey now, let's not blow this out of proportions eithers...

Anyone who takes the initiative to make a GDT has my respect, and i thank rafikz for that. The timing was just awkward... anyway, the mods have sorted it out.

ON TO WHAT MATTERS

PRE-SERIES DISCUSSSION!

I'm going to *really* go against conventional wisdom here and call it for the Habs in 4. Blind optimism? Nope. Just that with the Habs... what you expect is always the opposite of what happens.

If Markov can come back in time, we can win in 6.

Thomas had a great regular season, but he is an easy target for us

Edited by rafikz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fearless game one prediction: 3-0 Habs

Price weathers an early storm before Kovalev fires an absolute rocket to beat Thomas gloveside. Stewart notches an insurance goal in the dying seconds of the first period. Second period sees a lot of back and forth action, but nothing terribly interesting until Thornton beats Kostopoulous in a fight. The third period sees Laraque pound Lucic followed by an Andrei Kostitsyn goal.

You heard it here first. >.>

:ghg:

It's time for hate. The disaster season of the Centenaire is likely lost. If we're going down then maybe we can take these beans and wieners with us. :lol:

Over confident they are these B's fans. :puke: There are so many playoff elements to examine. Boston fans have a right to be excited. BUT, how many of you have seen Tanguay in the playoffs? Sakic or not he's awesome! By and large IMO, I almost guarantee it's a new element that they (B's fans) have not acknowleged. And it's something our opponents have forgotten about or they brushed it off of their back.

And, Kovy isn't really a B's killer. Ooops, I forgot - he is!

Screw these beans and wieners.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

It's time for hate. The disaster season of the Centenaire is likely lost. If we're going down then maybe we can take these beans and wieners with us. :lol:

Over confident they are these B's fans. :puke: There are so many playoff elements to examine. Boston fans have a right to be excited. BUT, how many of you have seen Tanguay in the playoffs? Sakic or not he's awesome! By and large IMO, I almost guarantee it's a new element that they (B's fans) have not acknowleged. And it's something our opponents have forgotten about or they brushed it off of their back.

And, Kovy isn't really a B's killer. Ooops, I forgot - he is!

Screw these beans and wieners.

I hate the F@@king Bruins!

I hate the F@@king city of Boston!

I hate the F@@king state of Massachusetts!

I hate F@@king New England! (yes, even Rhode Island!)

The belching arrogance exuded by the Bruins & their fans will collapse within amid extreme violence and manifest the emergence of a black hole that will swallow up all that excess "wicked" karma!!......Habs in 6!!

Yeah, the scum are beyond sub-human. Out here, I have even, once, held a semi-civil conversation with a Leafs fan - through gritted teeth, of course.

But never, ever with the scum. Fat pieces of knuckle-dragging sh*t...sorry, that's an insult to knuckles.

The nice thing is, win or lose, you can always put a short note in front of any of them, something like '24 Cups', and ask them to try and read it...and sit back and watch the mental contortionist show. Lucky for them all their sports teams have different colours so they know what to wear each day of their fair-weather lives. If they were Pittsburgh, it would be amusing.

As much as the habs were overrated at the very beginning of this hockey season as much

they are underrated before these playoffs.

If i must remind you people, there are some tangibles that will affect this serie.

Some positives that tells me we will come back in Montreal with at least with one win.

Offensively

-The artist is back.

-Koivu always plays his best in playoffs, more so he will start the serie well rested and injury free.

- Schneider shot

- Tanguay is a playoff beast

- Third line

- Higgins plays the best 2 way hockey of his career. He finally found his role.

- D'Agostini! He is gonna be the Thomas black beast.

Defensively

- Komisarek found his game, he will play his best in the physical games

- Hammer, Schneider, Dandenault ,Breezer have ton of experience they will do the job.

- Markov will be ready at least for game 3 and the srie will be tied.

Price : He is back at the level he was before he got sick. Anyone who watched the game against Pittsburg saw it.

As much as the habs were overrated at the very beginning of this hockey season as much

they are underrated before these playoffs.

If i must remind you people, there are some tangibles that will affect this serie.

Some positives that tells me we will come back in Montreal with at least with one win.

Offensively

-The artist is back.

-Koivu always plays his best in playoffs, more so he will start the serie well rested and injury free.

- Schneider shot

- Tanguay is a playoff beast

- Third line

- Higgins plays the best 2 way hockey of his career. He finally found his role.

- D'Agostini! He is gonna be the Thomas black beast.

Defensively

- Komisarek found his game, he will play his best in the physical games

- Hammer, Schneider, Dandenault ,Breezer have ton of experience they will do the job.

- Markov will be ready at least for game 3 and the srie will be tied.

Price : He is back at the level he was before he got sick. Anyone who watched the game against Pittsburg saw it.

These in my opinion are the deal breakers for the Canadiens, if these three guys can step up Montreal can be a tough team to play against.

That video was hilarious. thanks for posting it!

Let's not forget that Koivu has 20 points in 15 playoffs game vs. the Pooh Bears! I expect him and Kovy to dominate!

Say hello to your other buddy for us will you? Send our love. ^_^

fairy.jpg

And yet, isn't it Habs fans saying that Montreal has been a bunch of wussies (sp) this year?

That video was hilarious. thanks for posting it!

Let's not forget that Koivu has 20 points in 15 playoffs game vs. the Pooh Bears! I expect him and Kovy to dominate!

The only way Koivu will "dominate" in this series is when he is given his standard 1min+ on every single PP they get. 5v5 he will be nearly invisible as he was thursday night save for the PP TOI he always gets. Kovy has the raw talent and occasional motivation to just take the puck and do something great with it ... sadly Koivu may have that same drive but not nearly the skill.

The only way Koivu will "dominate" in this series is when he is given his standard 1min+ on every single PP they get. 5v5 he will be nearly invisible as he was thursday night save for the PP TOI he always gets. Kovy has the raw talent and occasional motivation to just take the puck and do something great with it ... sadly Koivu may have that same drive but not nearly the skill.

I am definitely not Saku's number 1 fan. No doubt about it! However you have to admit that even though Saku has been hot and cold during the regular season, he ALWAYS Shows up come playoff time.

Brisebois in, Weber out.

Also, rumor is Markov may be in Saturday. I hope we win the first game so we don't have to rush him too much.

Excellent move. Breezer was maybe our best defenceman in the playoffs last season, and that includes markov (who was wretched by his standards). These old vets know how to step it up for the dance.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Does anyone think the whole UFA tides/troubles are turning?

The way I see it this is their last chance to prove they're worth before summer, regardless of whether they want to stay or leave.

I'm expecting big things from Dandy. He's back on D and wants a contract. The guy has cup rings galore and was Gainey's first signing.