No one gives us a chance

Quebecois

Just watching some of the playoff preview coverage and I absolutely love it. Everyone saying it's going to be a short series, Habs have no chance, might as well pack it in after 3 games etc. etc.

Feels a lot like 02 and 04!

GO HABS GO

No one gave us a chance last season... and we finished first in the east.

No one giving us a chance this post season... destined to finish first?

;)

Either way, it's always cool to be the underdog.

No one gave us a chance last season... and we finished first in the east.

No one giving us a chance this post season... destined to finish first?

;)

Either way, it's always cool to be the underdog.

Agreed.

Plus, last year we were 1st but didn't go that far.

Last year was last year. This year's team on paper is better, on the ice not so much.

The boys have been saving it for the big eruption look out bruins. :hlogo: :lol:

Anybody catch Keith Jones on TSN? Another fool in a suit who has an opinion. The same clown who said Florida would make it, and we'd be out. Before I could grab the remote, he said something about the poor little habs, something like that anyway.

Anybody catch Keith Jones on TSN? Another fool in a suit who has an opinion. The same clown who said Florida would make it, and we'd be out. Before I could grab the remote, he said something about the poor little habs, something like that anyway.

You do realize Montreal crawled in via a tie-breaker, right?

Ya, I follow the team. Thanks for the update. Obviously, you didn't see the Jones stuff, even the host of the program gave him a funny reaction. But again, thanks for the useless response.

You do realize that Gainey has led a 27 win team to the finals before, right?

Anyone who makes it has a chance. Most people have completely written us off, which really makes me wonder if they've ever watched the Stanley Cup Playoffs before, or any sports competition for that matter.

Edited by Quebecois

Anyone who makes it has a chance. Most people have completely written us off, which really makes me wonder if they've ever watched the Stanley Cup Playoffs before, or any sports competition for that matter.

There is a cinderella story almost every other season, no doubt. Ever since I was 5 years old the Cup was going to be won by Montreal no matter what. I still feel that way at 38, including this season.

With that said I have to admit though, that I have never seen a Montreal team like this one. Where at times were just going through the motions and looked like they weren't even trying. I'm hoping that is only because I am now able to watch all 82 games on centre Ice as opposed to only Saturday nights growing up. I see more of the lows and highs you could say.

If we were ever in need of a Cinderella story it's now, our Centennial season! It would be nice........but AK47, Plex, Price, Komi, Markov, and Gui are going to have to step up to the plate and help out. Not just a little, ALOT!

That has no bearing on my response to the other poster. He was criticizing Jones for saying the Panthers would beat out the Habs, when that was extremely close to happening.

Ya, I follow the team. Thanks for the update. Obviously, you didn't see the Jones stuff, even the host of the program gave him a funny reaction. But again, thanks for the useless response.

The man was pretty darn close to being right nonetheless. That was my point.

Keith Jones likes to stir the pot. He talks in absolutes everytime he is on TV.

The thing that drove me nuts running up to the playoffs was how the talking heads over simplified everything.

Who will make it? Montreal, NY Rangers, Florida or Buffalo

The one with the best goaltending. Seeing as that is Vokoun and Lundqvist, then Buffalo/Florida

Laaazy

Didn't Keith Jones suffer from concussions? Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't he *retire* from concussions? Methinks the head injuries are getting to him.

Keith Jones likes to stir the pot. He talks in absolutes everytime he is on TV.

The thing that drove me nuts running up to the playoffs was how the talking heads over simplified everything.

Who will make it? Montreal, NY Rangers, Florida or Buffalo

The one with the best goaltending. Seeing as that is Vokoun and Lundqvist, then Buffalo/Florida

Laaazy

It seems like every analyst talks in absolutes these days. It's very annoying. Bob Mckenzie seems like one of the few who doesn't.

Mcguire, Jones, Kypreos, Stock, Milbury

ughhh all just arrogant fools.

The only difference between the Habs of last year and the Habs of this year is their record vs. Boston. Last year, we had 16 points out of 104 vs. Boston. That's 88 vs. the rest of the NHL. This year, we had 4 points out of 93 vs. Boston. That's 89 vs. the rest of the NHL. There were two less games vs. Boston this year. 89 in 76 games vs. 88 in 74 games isn't much of a difference.

Boston is simply that much better this year. They improved their record not only against us, but against the rest of the NHL. Does that mean much for the next 7 games? Hard to say. But over 82 games, they definitely were the better team. No question about it.

When you pull out the Montreal-Boston season series, you'll notice that Boston actually had 5 more points than us last year vs. the rest of the NHL than we did (they had 93 points in those 74 games, against I believe the exact same opponents). This year, they increased that number to 105 points in 76 games, and 11 of 12 against us.

The 2007-08 season series disguised a lot of the differences between the two teams last year. And the season series dropoff this year for the Habs is the single biggest reason for the Habs being percieved as "worse" than last year.

The only difference between the Habs of last year and the Habs of this year is their record vs. Boston. Last year, we had 16 points out of 104 vs. Boston. That's 88 vs. the rest of the NHL. This year, we had 4 points out of 93 vs. Boston. That's 89 vs. the rest of the NHL. There were two less games vs. Boston this year. 89 in 76 games vs. 88 in 74 games isn't much of a difference.

Boston is simply that much better this year. They improved their record not only against us, but against the rest of the NHL. Does that mean much for the next 7 games? Hard to say. But over 82 games, they definitely were the better team. No question about it.

When you pull out the Montreal-Boston season series, you'll notice that Boston actually had 5 more points than us last year vs. the rest of the NHL than we did (they had 93 points in those 74 games, against I believe the exact same opponents). This year, they increased that number to 105 points in 76 games, and 11 of 12 against us.

The 2007-08 season series disguised a lot of the differences between the two teams last year. And the season series dropoff this year for the Habs is the single biggest reason for the Habs being percieved as "worse" than last year.

Good points.

The one thing I like to look at is, how many of those 6 Bs-Habs games could have gone the other way? The Habs only needed the shootout to win the first matchup because of a lucky bounce off the boards. The second matchup was a blowout in favour of the Bs, but the other 4 games were tight, within a goal in 2 of them I believe, and 2 goal games for the other two (once an empty net and once a late goal with a minute or two left.

I just don't think the gap between the two teams is nearly as big as everyone is saying it is.

And I'm tired of hearing about how the big Bruins are going to run the small Habs out of the rink. We are the bigger team by a narrow margin if you look at the stats. We have small centres? There's are even smaller.

Edited by Quebecois