Laraque is an embarrassment

les_glorieux

He is being paid to fight. It is his job to make this happen, no matter what. Don't give me these f*cking excuses. That's two games in a row where two non-fighters have to take on two of the biggest @ssholes in the league. And now Komisarek's hand is (possibly) broken. Carbo should send him a message by dressing him, but sitting him on the bench. He's the undisputed top fighter in the league for Christ's sake. DO YOUR JOB!

My apologies if this has already been talked about.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is that Laraque is not that young anymore, he's become very wealthy over the years (although according to Chris Rock he's rich, not wealthy), and has a great reputation as the league's best and toughest fighter.. all this combined mean that he's not overly motivated to get punched in the face anymore while no one wants to be punched in the face by him...

Laraque has become a figure head, a sysbol, more than anything else...

I don't know, against Florida fans and posters were cheering him. When soem Panthers ran Price and started running around he put an end to it. GC needs to use him and give him a well defined role.

Laraque isnt a 100% of his form yet. He's overweight by about 15-20 pounds. He also suffers from his reputation as the league heavyweight champion. The list of guys who are willing to fight him grows shorter every year and with the instigator rule he can't just jump anyone.

Laraque isnt a 100% of his form yet. He's overweight by about 15-20 pounds. He also suffers from his reputation as the league heavyweight champion. The list of guys who are willing to fight him grows shorter every year and with the instigator rule he can't just jump anyone.

So signing someone nobody wants to fight was not that great of an idea huh?

I'm glad we have him, but this is a problem everyone overlooked......great........

Guys, give Laraque some time. There's several important factors we have to keep in mind.

The first one and important one is that Laraque missed all of pre-season. He said it himself, he needs more time to gel with his line mates.

The second thing we have to consider is that as Kozed pointed out, he's not 100%. He's only healthy enough to fight. Even while taking the fighting into account, no one wants to touch this guy with a stick. The top enforcers are in the West and only so few will want to even dance with Laraque. Laraque has pretty much an advantage over every enforcer in the league whether it's size, fighting ability or the fact that he's a left handed person.

It has nothing to do with the fact that he doesn't like fighting. Laraque ain't dumb, he knows fighting is why he's in the NHL, he won't stop that now or anytime soon. If he can't fight (since no one wants to dance with him), the only way is to go out and physically impose himself which he hasn't done much as of now. Could it be due to the injured groin not being fully healed? Possibly, but as of right now, it's still to early to give up on Georges.

Here's my two cents worth:

I can understand that Laraque does not want to hurt his team with an untimely instigator penalty. In a one-goal game that could be important. However, last nite, it was pretty obvious that there would be no comeback, so i don't think anyone would have cared if he started to pummel any Bruin and take a 2-5-10 and a game misconduct. 6-1 or 9-1 i wouldn't care last nite. But maybe if he had pummeled on some Bruin, Komi wouldn't have fought and hurt himself.

As long as it wasn't in the last 5 minutes he could have done something. I remember a scrum in front of the B's net where he coulda been more aggressive insitgating something.

Better get his act together soon as he hasn't brought what i expected to the table.

For those who saw Laraque's interview today, he pretty much confirmed that Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara didn't want to fight with him (not sure if I heard right about Chara but the other two just ignored George each time he wanted to drop the gloves with either one).

For those who saw Laraque's interview today, he pretty much confirmed that Shawn Thornton, Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara didn't want to fight with him (not sure if I heard right about Chara but the other two just ignored George each time he wanted to drop the gloves with either one).

i dont care if they didnt want to go with him, just start punching them in the face and they well fight back, or talk shit about their sister or mommy..do something..in a 4,5,6 goal game no one cares if you get more mins in the box..come on laraque lets make us proud..

He is being paid to fight. It is his job to make this happen, no matter what. Don't give me these f*cking excuses. That's two games in a row where two non-fighters have to take on two of the biggest @ssholes in the league. And now Komisarek's hand is (possibly) broken. Carbo should send him a message by dressing him, but sitting him on the bench. He's the undisputed top fighter in the league for Christ's sake. DO YOUR JOB!

My apologies if this has already been talked about.

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideout-file...key/Laraque.MP3

This basically confirms what tony said, what should he have done? pull a Burtuzzi on someone and get suspended for the rest of the season? Lucic is a punk and he showed his colors last night. But I would have expected Thornton to go with Laraque.

And you know If he had not had to skate around Max against Ottawa, he would have fought Ruutu, It's just Boullion was the closest guy there and got to him first. Should he have jumped in and been the third guy in? Again your looking at another suspension there because of who he is.

i dont care if they didnt want to go with him, just start punching them in the face and they well fight back, or talk shit about their sister or mommy..do something..in a 4,5,6 goal game no one cares if you get more mins in the box..come on laraque lets make us proud..

:rolleyes:

What more is there to say to that?

We play Boston 4 more times boys, BGL will get another chance.

All it takes is one asskicking and all of Habsworld will stop bitching, so let's go Georges!!

listen to that interview, he wants to fight but he has to be carefull, he got suspended last year,and if he jumps someone now he will be gone for 5 - 10 games. that is going to be very expensive and won't help the team. give him a chance he will do us proud yet. there is a lot of fight left in this old dog.

listen to that interview, he wants to fight but he has to be carefull, he got suspended last year,and if he jumps someone now he will be gone for 5 - 10 games. that is going to be very expensive and won't help the team. give him a chance he will do us proud yet. there is a lot of fight left in this old dog.

Very true. Did I hear right that Kosto lost 33 grand because of the hit?

BTW, PLEASE give me a link to the interview :)

Stewart could be an interesting option but at this point it's doubtful considering the amount of little spots left on the fourth line and the amount of guys who sit in the press box.

No need to forget that Kostopoulos will have served his suspension and could be available Sunday. Obviously, this is assuming that his hit on Van Ryn hasn't affected his mental game.

Edited by Tony

IMO Laraque was not eager to fight Lucic. When they were both on the ice for a shift and the Bos commentators were ready for a fight, Laraque took a couple of shoves to the back from Lucic. Would have been the time to drop 'em without an instigator pen but he didn't.

Dunno if he's not healthy or still adjusting, anyway not terribly worried about it things will come together as the season progresses.

I want to see him become more of the physical presence in front of the net.

I would love to see him pummel Chara next meeting.

I respect his I will if you will approach, but there are times when you just give the guy no choice in hockey,

You get the instigator for it, that is why that rule is there.

When we are down by 5, take the instigator, if the other team are being cheeky about it.

When Detroit blew Roy out of town, I don't remember them being rude about it.

His role is to enforce respect, sort of the crown executioner.

Boston were very poor winners last night, as were the Laughs last week.

In those situations take the extra time. Pay the fine, it is part of your operating expense as a selfemployed NHL goon.

Must be a tax loop there if you search hard enough.

He has to be the guy fighting, it is no good him watching our talent fight.

I agree, he can't be third in, maybe our other guys have to cool their heads and wait for Georges to get his chance?

In BGL's interview, he sounded frustrated. He said what Lucic did was disresoectful, childish and stated you don't do that in the NHL, that's for Junior hockey.

Also, he asked Chara to go. That would be a good fight, and trade off.

Yeah who cares !! ... maybe next time Laraque can just start punching Ryder in the face and he'll have to fight back right ? then Shawn Thornton can just start punching Tanguay in the face ... he has to start punching back right ? ... maybe Lucic can just start punching Koivu and then Komi can start going after Bergeron.

I think for anyone to just go after someone and start punching is bad form IMO ... if they don't want to go then they don't have too .... how many times over the years have guys stepped up to Komi to fight after he hit someone and Komi just skated away.