Laraque is an embarrassment

les_glorieux

Who decides not to fight because they're out of shape? Give me a break. He's built his entire career around fighting. Do you not think that's he's figured out, after all the years he's been in the league and the many years he's been top dog, how to properly start a fight? Give me a break. You should know how this works by now, bud.

COME ON GEORGES!

Edited by les_glorieux

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellwood is out of shape, but scoring goals, Foreman fought out of shape his whole carreer.......

Excuses, excuses, excuses.....

It's not over boys. We killed them last year and once this year. After one game where things didn't go our way you guys are all ready to burn BGL at the stake, along with the rest of the team.

Just wait!!!!!! Laraque sounds pissed in that interview, that's good. He hates Lucic now and basically called him a AHL little pu$$y fighter. Lucic will have to pay for his showboating.

The bad thing for us is Lucic is not a push over much like Cam Neely, he can hold his own.......I feel bad for Komi because he's just not a tough guy, He can't, and never could fight. Don't confuse him with Souray please. I hope Laraque is ready for Lucic and destroys him next game. Lucic can not have a good fight or stay in it because that will be considered a win......Laraque needs to completely cream him, anything less will be a loss. Until that happens I will not get on his butt like the rest of you.

These are the things that create a good rivalry. Enjoy it! Laraque will prove his worth soon enough as long as Carbo and Muller loosen the leash a little. Which will happen Saturday November 22, 2008.

:popcorn:

If there is anything to worry about it's Price. The distance between brilliant and shit can not be as big as it's been. How do you look like Ken Dryden one night and then Abby the next......That's what we should be worried about......not BGL.

After one game where things didn't go our way you guys are all ready to burn BGL at the stake

It's not just the last game that has me annoyed with Laraque; I think he's been pretty near useless in most of the games he's played, because he doesn't even throw decent hits. Wasn't exactly dominant in the two fights he has had either.

It's not just the last game that has me annoyed with Laraque; I think he's been pretty near useless in most of the games he's played, because he doesn't even throw decent hits. Wasn't exactly dominant in the two fights he has had either.

I thought he was great in the Florida game and not to shabby pounding Thorton last game against Boston.

Carbo and Muller don't really like the fighting aspect of the game. I'm pretty sure the same goes for Jarvis and Gainey. Although they've realized it's necessary, I'm sure they are not encouraging it. So that leaves him working on his game, which he is doing.....give it time. He will be a force once he understands his role. Fans and coaches included.

Yeah who cares !! ... maybe next time Laraque can just start punching Ryder in the face and he'll have to fight back right ? then Shawn Thornton can just start punching Tanguay in the face ... he has to start punching back right ? ... maybe Lucic can just start punching Koivu and then Komi can start going after Bergeron.

I think for anyone to just go after someone and start punching is bad form IMO ... if they don't want to go then they don't have too .... how many times over the years have guys stepped up to Komi to fight after he hit someone and Komi just skated away.

i didnt say start punching everyone,but their guys out there running their mouth and running our best players, i think it was last season that Chara, punch the face off of Latendresse, pay backs a b**th, its early in the season and its time for larague to show the nhl, you dont f**k with the habs...l

Edited by KEEP26

Basically the same as the MP3 interview.

Quote from Laraque about the Boston game (from http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...-le-filet.php):

«Je trouve regrettable qu'un gars comme lui ne réponde pas de ses actes en homme. Moi, je dois respecter les règlements. S'il ne veut pas (se battre), je n'y peux rien. C'est vrai que Komo (Komisarek) ne devrait pas avoir à se battre, mais ça arrive dans le feu de l'action. Lucic a préféré y aller avec Komo qu'avec moi.»

Laraque a dit que le métier de redresseur de torts dans la LNH est plus difficile à exercer qu'à ses débuts dans la LNH parce que des agitateurs comme Jarkko Ruutu, des Sénateurs d'Ottawa, bénéficient «d'une meilleure protection».

«Maintenant, pour se battre dans la Ligue nationale on doit envoyer un 'fax» à son adversaire, si on ne veut pas être suspendu, a-t-il imagé. Et si moi je donne un coup de coude à un rival, comme l'a fait Ruutu à Maxim Lapierre, je vais écoper une suspension minimum de cinq à 10 matchs parce que je peux faire très mal.»

Translation:

"It's sad that a guy like Lucic won't answer to his actions like a man. Me, I have to respect the rules. If he doesnt want to fight, there's nothing I can do about it. It's true that he (Komisarek) shouldnt have to fight, but it happened in the fire of the action [spur of the moment]. Lucic preferred to go with Komo than.

Laraque also said that the job of vigilante was harder to do now than when he started in the NHL because pests like Jarkko Ruutu have a better protection.

"Now, to fight in the NHL you have to send a fax to your opponent if you dont want to get suspended. And I give an elbow like Ruutu did to Lapierre, I'll get suspendedn for 5 to 10 games minimum because I can really hurt."

I mostly agree woth KoZed's take BUT there were a coupla chances in the game where Laraque could have fought without the instigator penalty kicking in, one was when Cube got there faster another was his next shift Lucic was pestering him, clearly smacking him twice from behind. I figure it may take a bit of time for Laraque to adjust to his role is all, better later in the season when we will need him more.

I'm surprised many of you don't know this, but Laraque can only fight guys that are willing to drop the gloves with him. If they don't want to, there's nothing BGL can do.

Actually (as stated earlier) there is definitely something he can do.

If BGL plays physical, finishes checks gets on star players, than some idiot will have to dance.

Actually (as stated earlier) there is definitely something he can do.

If BGL plays physical, finishes checks gets on star players, than some idiot will have to dance.

What's the point if the score's 6-1 in the third period? Punch someone in the face just to ease the frustration of some of the less level-headed fans? All other reasons aside - and there are many - he would only get suspended and then we'd have no fights for the next 10 games instead of just this one.

Also - why the hell would Lucic want to fight Laraque? Even if Lucic were a better fighter, he still wouldn't want to do it because it's a bad trade off for his team. Good players don't want to fight goons and coaches don't want their best players in the penalty box thanks to an enforcer. Would you be happy if Komisarek and Hamrlik started fighting every goon that checked them?

The only way Laraque can get a good player to fight him is if he cheap shots another good player - and we do not want that.

Players aren't stupid, they know who Laraque is. No matter how much Laraque bothers someone, they don't have to do anything. Why would they want to? Also, he can't really get on star players anyways because frankly, he can't keep up with them, not that I think anyone can expect him to.

Edited by ForumGhost

If there is anything to worry about it's Price. The distance between brilliant and shit can not be as big as it's been. How do you look like Ken Dryden one night and then Abby the next......That's what we should be worried about......not BGL.

No need to worry about Price. He's saved the Habs more than enough games on his own. He can have a bad game from time to time as long as he remains clutch when it counts.

Either way, you can't entirely blame Price for the Bruins game, the whole team stunk, from top to bottom. Even with a brick wall in nets, the Habs weren't going to win that game.

Also, he can't really get on star players anyways because frankly, he can't keep up with them, not that I think anyone can expect him to.

That's why I wish we had a guy like David Clarkson...but the Devils would never part with him.

Either way, you can't entirely blame Price for the Bruins game, the whole team stunk, from top to bottom. Even with a brick wall in nets, the Habs weren't going to win that game.

Agreed. A virtuoso performance would have been wasted had he come up with one.

No need to worry about Price. He's saved the Habs more than enough games on his own. He can have a bad game from time to time as long as he remains clutch when it counts.

If there is one area to blame, it lies on the Defence. But the whole team played shitty.

Edited by MMPL

I figure out his problem. He only throws rights!

No wonder his hand is sore.

Go watch Knuckles or Dwight Schofields tapes. learn to throw the left. It will easy the pain on the right!

He hasn't been fighting because it hurts to hit with a sore hand.

Been there, and felt for him icing it down.

Go punch the outside of your house hard, just one punch.

Do it again in 3 days, then again 2 days later. I dare you!

You will think more than twice about hitting it the 3rd day.

Want to try hitting it 5-10 times instead of once each time?

Now your house probably is siding over styrofoam.

Try a hard helmet or a skull!

Ouch!

Ok, just take my word, it hurts.

I don't want a bunch of one handed typers on here.

:lol:

Laraque is just so slow and doesnt win abttles for the pucks. I always thought he was a god player on the boards but apparetly not.

He should of went and fought Lucic, Not KOMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is an added value in terms of fighting but he cannot and i believe there isnt a single fighter out there who exclusively fights everyone who disrespects any of his teamates during his 5-6 mins of gameplay.

He's an added value as long as the team itselfs supports each other and plays hard. If they rely on him to single handly everything that goes on the ice....i dont think that's the Georges Role with his limited ice time. It's a good portion of his role but he cannot go crazy all around the ice and hits everyone in the ice. He can certainly be more disruptive(unsure of the word) for the other team by provoking more stuff yet if the guy dont want to fight him...what do you want him to do? a Sucker punch behind the head? Like he said ...he has to be smart and even with the pests from the other teams out there...they have to be 2 to dance fight.

Also like other posters mentionned on this board...he also needs to play a bit more and get more ice time to make his influence perceptible if anyone claims he needs to hit and fight more...

And if we come to this conclusion it means our 3 "offensive" called trios dont do their job...and that is the real issue to me because we would never talk that much about George if the team would be leading because the frustrating situations wouldnt happend so often with wins. Secondly, George cant go rumble all the time when we try to catch up to the other team.

I seriously think our biggest problem right now is having a solid defensivemen to complete Hamrlik that can shot on the net and make 1 first decent passes which Obyrne, Brisebois, Bouillon, Dandenault and Gorges dont presently do in my mind.

He should of went and fought Lucic, Not KOMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF...do people not understand? Laraque challenged Lucic who skated away, and he challenged Thornton to a fight and he said no. He embarrassed both of them. They wanted no part of Laraque because they knew what was going to happen. So what is Laraque suppose to do? Drop his gloves and pummel them. Then he gets an instigator at the minimum and now hurts his team instead of giving them a lift or helping them. IT was the same thing in the Phenoix game where Kostopoulus had to fight Sauer.

Before people go disparaging Laraque they should get there facts straight.....or actually watch a game.