Laraque is an embarrassment

les_glorieux

Welcome Habsak.

IMO, I think we are likely to see Laraque pull a "Holmstrom" or at least I'm hoping. There were times over the last 2 playoffs that BGL was placed with Crosby. I could very well see him getting duty with Kovy and Koivu or up on the top 2 lines. We all saw Gainey experimenting slightly in period 1 and 2 last Saturday when we played the Pens.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for merging but it's kind of anti my point. The thread was to encourage not bash and call him an embarrassment. The first 3 pages of this thread make one want to puke, not show up and excel which is where I was going with this.

Thanks for merging but it's kind of anti my point. The thread was to encourage not bash and call him an embarrassment. The first 3 pages of this thread make one want to puke, not show up and excel which is where I was going with this.

No offense, but if that's your idea of a pep talk, I don't want you anywhere near my team before a game. :lol:

No offense, but if that's your idea of a pep talk, I don't want you anywhere near my team before a game. :lol:

:lol:

Ya, I'm no motivational speaker that's for sure. But geez, BGL just seems so dry and done. Even in the media he acts like it's all a joke. I don't blame him, the media has done their fair share of burning him this year , why give them anymore fuel.

He's tough, he knows it. Fighting is so easy for him. Even though he's lost his passion for fighting he still kills people, that just goes to show how tough he is.

I don't want him in the penalty box yelling stuff like "I'll kill you!, I'll choke you!" with the gesture of hands around his neck like that nut bag Thorton with OB, but man, just a little bit of passion that this means something to you would be nice.

The way I've seen it lately, He'll watch Komi get worked by Chara, Thorton and Lucic while BGL holds Savard back in the corner with a smile on his face, or even worse watch Lucic finally fight him and win because Lucic has the passion and anger.

Oh boy, this series would be done right there.

See, this thread is already making me negative.

Seems to me that on saturday, Laraque wasn't gooning around or trying to engage in a "staged" fight. He was skating, stick handling and going to the net. It sort of looked like "hockey" :lol:

That's what BGL will display more than anything. He'll play and hit. I don't understand this Laraque hate on - if that's what it is. I watched the 2006 final between Carolina and Edmonton. He played well. I saw Laraque in 2007 and 2008 and he can be playoff effective.

I thought the playoffs were suppose to be a new season

BGL just said on CKAC Sports this morning that apparently he heard through some friends of his who play for the bruins that Thronton was shitting bricks beofre the first game this season. Apparently Thornton was shaking at the thought of having to fight BGL.

Nice move Big George. Get Thornton off his game!! Kick some Pooh bear ass!

unless he hits averything and disturb Chara,lucic and thomas, Laraque should just shut the hell up. he's done nothing this season and now he's yapping like he's an important part of the team.

hey george !! if Markov plays, you don't !! so SHUT UP!!

unless he hits averything and disturb Chara,lucic and thomas, Laraque should just shut the hell up. he's done nothing this season and now he's yapping like he's an important part of the team.

hey george !! if Markov plays, you don't !! so SHUT UP!!

What? This is good. He's getting himself in game mode. This is the stuff we need from him. Trash talk.....YES! Better then what I've been hearing all week. " Just happy we made the play-offs hahahahahaha Just happy we made the play-offs hahahahahahaha just happy we made the play-offs hahahahaha"

Come on Marky, support the guy even if he can't grow a beard.

No mohawk's this year huh? The boys are growing up.

What? This is good. He's getting himself in game mode. This is the stuff we need from him. Trash talk.....YES! Better then what I've been hearing all week. " Just happy we made the play-offs hahahahahaha Just happy we made the play-offs hahahahahahaha just happy we made the play-offs hahahahaha"

Come on Marky, support the guy even if he can't grow a beard.

No mohawk's this year huh? The boys are growing up.

I just dont like it when a guy playing4 mins per game and doesnt do much on the ice gets all the quote. this year he's done too much talking.

I cant grow a beard either so I wont call him out for that. hey as long as it's not a Bulis stache..the worst ever !!

Laraque better fight Chara, its been along time sense i hate a player as much as chara, mostly because he punch anybody in the face he whats and no one says shit about it in the media, he dont care if they drop their gloves, if they are heavy weights or light weights..if avery was pulling this shit every person on tsn be calling for his man parts.so here to Laraque punching the f**k out of chara...if not laraque could become my most hate habs player..

I just dont like it when a guy playing4 mins per game and doesnt do much on the ice gets all the quote. this year he's done too much talking.

Give him a break. Laraque played a really good gam,e against the penguins on Saturday! I know it,s only one game, but it,s a start.

Let's not forget that even though BGL was injured for most of the season, the games he did play in, our boys weren,t mugged like they were in Boston Last week!

Like him or not, Laraque will give our guys a little bit of breathing room on the ice!!!

I haven't ever seen a guy get such a free pass. he's done NADA and people still think he's god.

I think people are more in love with his former reputation than the actual player.

I haven't ever seen a guy get such a free pass. he's done NADA and people still think he's god.

I think people are more in love with his former reputation than the actual player.

Yeah, one of the most criticized players on the team got a free pass. Give me a break.

I think you are way to negative. YES, Laraque has been a disappointment this year, but to start bashing him at this time of year(when we will need him the most) doesn't make sense.

In case you didn't watch enough games, the times Laraque did fight this year, he pretty much won all his fights...some of them were knock-outs(against that Poor bastard in Toronto 2 weeks ago!)

If he can cave in either Chara or Lucic's face, or preferably both of them (Thornton is a nothing so I'd rather George not even bother with him unless he absolutely has to), then he'll have gone a long way to redeeming himself for his piss-poor regular season.

I cant grow a beard either so I wont call him out for that. hey as long as it's not a Bulis stache..the worst ever !!

I've got a filthy exam beard right now. And I beard, I mean patches

I've got a filthy exam beard right now. And I beard, I mean patches

I've got a two week exam beard going and you wouldn't think it's been on for more than three or four days. It looks horrible, but superstition is superstition.

I think you are way to negative. YES, Laraque has been a disappointment this year, but to start bashing him at this time of year(when we will need him the most) doesn't make sense.

In case you didn't watch enough games, the times Laraque did fight this year, he pretty much won all his fights...some of them were knock-outs(against that Poor bastard in Toronto 2 weeks ago!)

I did see him fight but I'd like for him to create fires. if he does that and get under bruins skin then I will publicly declare my love for that gentle giant.

I did see him fight but I'd like for him to create fires. if he does that and get under bruins skin then I will publicly declare my love for that gentle giant.

Ya? That's what started this whole thing and you told him to SHUT UP.

We are saying it's a start by him calling out Thorton in the interview. Thorton now must answer the bell. I'd say that is starting a fire.

Tomorrow is Thursday!!!!!!!!

Ya? That's what started this whole thing and you told him to SHUT UP.

We are saying it's a start by him calling out Thorton in the interview. Thorton now must answer the bell. I'd say that is starting a fire.

Why is it anyone's job to "answer the bell" for a 4th liner running his mouth from the pressbox. Shawn Thornton plays far and away more minutes than BGL can/will in a game, he kills penalties and he plays a regular shift. BGL even stated that he's not in the same league as him. Why would anyone fight him on the Bruins? They have hard hitters and tough guys on almost every line, they dont need to match anyone up with BGL to save face.

Bob Gainey isnt stupid enough to let BGL eat up any more than about 5-6min of icetime the entire game, so for those 5-6min he can float around and probably take a minor trying to start something, and the remaining 55min the rest of the Bs can hammer away at will while he is riding the pine.

Oh dear. I don't know where you are, but today is Thursday here. Talk about epitomizing 'a day late and a dollar short.'