April 18th, 2009 | Canadiens @ Bruins | Game 2 Thread

Cataclaw

Before game one, the Habs had four days off. The first day, no practices. The other three days of practice had the Kovy-Koivu-Tanguay line practicing together, then all of a sudden, in game one, Laraque was on the first line. Now Gainey says there's "no chance" Markov plays tomorrow. I don't believe a word he says.

Why the hell would he say that Markov will play tomorrow? To please the fans who would like to know? To let the Bruins devise a practice a strategy to attack him? The reality is Markov might not play, and he might. We won't know for certain until then. I don't recall Gainey, during the season, ever saying things as definitive as "he will definitely not play" or he "definitely will play". For him to be putting it that way now clearly is an indication that the Habs and Gainey are inplayoff mode.

Wouldn't it be something if they quietly flew Markov in to Boston 2 hours before game time and he suited up?

All I'm saying is it's playoff time, and what people tell the media means squat. It's the best time of the year because anything can happen, anyone can win.

I recall Bob saying that shnides was done and def would not be playing but lo and behold there he was on the ice ready to go and looking good. Bob will tell the media what he wants and nothing not a thing more....

Awesome game day thread. A real winner man. Thanks Cataclaw

Edited by habs rule

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would replace him? You don't bench top players in the playoffs. You have to play your best players and hope they produce.

Oh I forgot Pleks is indeed one of our top scorers :clap:

He's actually doing more harm than good out there dammit

Edited by jrhabs

Game 2?

What game 2 ???

I'm still recovering from that Kovalev goal :blink:

That guy should be putting up 100 pts a season. How many players could have done that?

That was unbelievable.

Torn over what jersey to wear tonight.

1993 Roy? 1987 Roy? 1987 Richer? 1990 Corson? 2007 Latendresse? 2008 Price? 2002 Theo?

1993 Roy struck out in game one, 1987 Roy is 3 sizes to small, but is 6-1 during the playoffs,

it's only fail being Game 4 in Philly last season.

I am leaning to Price, but I used the Theo jersey to break the Devils curse last season and it worked,

so maybe I will try to bring back the ghosts of 2002 and 2004 tonight.

Any input? :lol:

Edited by Wamsley01

Call has been placed from Puerto Rico, followed by 5 days at sea then Canary islands. 1 game a piece after tonight! Go Habs Go! Be the shirt!!!!!

Loved that interview, I love it when players are allowed to let loose like that and not talk about 'giving 110%' and giving a 'team effort'.

Price: "It's a pretty sexy Oreo cookie." :lol:

Also, I don't really know much about Hunwick, but maybe he's actually a key defenceman that will through their defensive structure off! (much like, say, Gorges).