April 18th, 2009 | Canadiens @ Bruins | Game 2 Thread

Cataclaw

Loved that interview, I love it when players are allowed to let loose like that and not talk about 'giving 110%' and giving a 'team effort'.

Price: "It's a pretty sexy Oreo cookie." :lol:

Also, I don't really know much about Hunwick, but maybe he's actually a key defenceman that will through their defensive structure off! (much like, say, Gorges).

Hunwick was a healthy scratch sometimes, and actually played forward for a few games. I think he'll be pretty good in a few years, but I don't think this will be a huge advantage for us tonight. Hnidy might prove more dangerous.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Forwards

(13)Tanguay - (11)Koivu - (27)Kovalev

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (36)D'Agostini

(84)Latendresse - (40)Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos

(21)Higgins - (15)Metropolit - (17)Laraque

Defense

(26)Gorges - (25)Dandenault

(71)Brisebois - (24)Schneider

(44)Hamrlik - (8)Komisarek

Goalie

(31)Price

Hunwick was a healthy scratch sometimes, and actually played forward for a few games. I think he'll be pretty good in a few years, but I don't think this will be a huge advantage for us tonight. Hnidy might prove more dangerous.

I doubt it. Did you not read the TSN article:

Hunwick's role with the Bruins has grown over the course of his first full season. He was a healthy scratch 23 times and missed three more games to illness from Feb 1-5. The Bruins record in those games was only 13-10-3, while their record with Hunwick in the lineup is 39-8-7, including Thursday night's 4-2 playoff victory over Montreal.

Hunwick being out could be huge for the Habs. I wonder how many Bos fans are bitching that Komi did the Indiana Jones thing and pulled out Hunwicks spleen. ^_^

That being said, the Habs outplayed

AND outhit Philly last season and had the misfortune of untimely breaks.

:clap: :clap:

LOL.. I am sorry.. I just can't resist...

By untimely breaks, you must be referring to the untimely breaking of the Price's ability to make easy saves.

Price gave up so many weak goals against Boston and Philly last year, the team had no chance. Bad goaltending also leads to no offense as the team is afraid to take chances.

The unfortunate break occurred at the trade deadline, when we lost Huet and dumped everything on Price's shoulders with no safety net. Yes, I am still ticked off at Gainey, and not because I love Huet. Its because I like Price and I am still worried we set that poor kid back several years.

PROJECTED LINE-UPS

Forwards

(13)Tanguay - (11)Koivu - (27)Kovalev

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (36)D'Agostini

(84)Latendresse - (40)Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos

(21)Higgins - (15)Metropolit - (17)Laraque

Defense

(26)Gorges - (25)Dandenault

(71)Brisebois - (24)Schneider

(44)Hamrlik - (8)Komisarek

Goalie

(31)Price

Source? Those lines differ from the projected line ups i've read and posted in the game thread.

Edited by Cataclaw

My french is really weak, I got that Weber and SK are replacing D'ago and Pleks (I assume Weber will play on the 4th line?)...

but what was that part about Bouillion playing, will he be taking Briesbois' place?

My french is really weak, I got that Weber and SK are replacing D'ago and Pleks (I assume Weber will play on the 4th line?)...

but what was that part about Bouillion playing, will he be taking Briesbois' place?

Or hopefully Gorges' ?

Or hopefully Gorges' ?

nah if you take away that bad penalty he played an ok game. Breezer was TERRIBLE...

plus with Weber in the lineup you dont need Breeze for the PP (not that he was useful in that role in game 1 anyway.)

Edited by nhfarber

nah if you take away that bad penalty he played an ok game. Breezer was TERRIBLE...

plus with Weber in the lineup you dont need Breeze for the PP (not that he was useful in that role in game 1 anyway.)

Breezer wasn't terrible. He had one giveaway that was recovered. Schneider was worse, and his boo boo ended up in the net. That was the goal that gave Breezer his minus.

So while Breezer has played better, I don't think he was as brutal as people were making out. He also took several brutal checks in the first period because he took the hit to make the play. Several of our D (read Schneider and Gorges) bailed out several times in the corners.

I think Breezer is a non-factor given his limited time and the fact that I don't see O'byrne or Weber as upgrades. Markov would be an upgrade. :) Boo Boo is not an upgrade in my opinion, but is about equal, assuming he is not too rusty.

Breezer wasn't terrible. He had one giveaway that was recovered. Schneider was worse, and his boo boo ended up in the net. That was the goal that gave Breezer his minus.

So while Breezer has played better, I don't think he was as brutal as people were making out. He also took several brutal checks in the first period because he took the hit to make the play. Several of our D (read Schneider and Gorges) bailed out several times in the corners.

I think Breezer is a non-factor given his limited time and the fact that I don't see O'byrne or Weber as upgrades. Markov would be an upgrade. :) Boo Boo is not an upgrade in my opinion, but is about equal, assuming he is not too rusty.

Actually Breeze had 2 bad giveaways ^_^

Actually Breeze had 2 bad giveaways ^_^

Perhaps.. so did most of them..

Still, the reason to sit Breezer is that he needs to get games off to be effective, regardless of how he plays. How he feels is between him and Gainey, but they seem to be monitoring it all season. The biggest issue losing Breezy is that without Markov, he is needed for the PP. If Markov gets back, then Breezy can take a game off..

Way rather see Weber than Breezer tonight.

Good move.

Sergei K has to play on the edge, not selfishly and smart Could be tough for him...but he could help.

Way rather see Weber than Breezer tonight.

Good move.

Sergei K has to play on the edge, not selfishly and smart Could be tough for him...but he could help.

Breezer is in. I think they are going with 7 D. Not a bad idea, as they can use Weber on D if Breezy struggles, or vice-versa.

My real worry is Schneider. I think he is playing tired and is overused, especially with Markov out. Komi and Hammer need to have huge games and Schneider's ice team should be eased up a bit.

Dandy was not great in game one either. In fact, Schneider, Gorges, and Dandy were the real issues, not Breezy or Komi.

Breezer is in. I think they are going with 7 D. Not a bad idea, as they can use Weber on D if Breezy struggles, or vice-versa.

My real worry is Schneider. I think he is playing tired and is overused, especially with Markov out. Komi and Hammer need to have huge games and Schneider's ice team should be eased up a bit.

Dandy was not great in game one either. In fact, Schneider, Gorges, and Dandy were the real issues, not Breezy or Komi.

Breezer being in is actually fine by me, and you have a very good point about limiting the Schneids ice-time. I just think Weber has more talent on the PP, which could be critical.

With our issues at forward, 7 D is actually a good move. Opens up options at least.

So do the play Weber as a forward on the 2nd line with a struggling and probably rusty Sergei? Hmm...

Or do they insert Dandenault as a forward?

Not too sure I agree with the benching of Pleks, but it's good to finally see Franky back. Throughout the season, shakeup's have usually had positive results.

God, how cheesy is this song they are playing on RDS? Cut me a break, can we get some music not from the 80's?

Edited by ForumGhost

Well, Boo Boo was okay in the skate so he is in for Breezer. That is no big surprise as it gives Breezer a rest (especially given the pounding he took in the last game).

What will be interesting is if they use Weber on the point on the PP, or do they stick with Boo boo.

Did people see the Bruins You tube ad with the bear... I thought that was pretty funny and true.. habs fan chicks are pretty.

:P

Watch Lucic go with Boo boo tonight... he won't go with BGL...

Edited by brobin