April 20th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 3 Thread

Cataclaw

We've had injuries for the last 80% of the season of one part or not. I'm not giving up, but sometimes there's things you cannot over come, and scapegoating people is not gonna help you find the solution.

People were talking about losing Ryder, and I was a big fan of his, but I think loising Streit hurt more. I hope that PK Suban can be that type of player for us in the future.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about fed up with Bob's crap at this point. Keeping a bum in nets, running plugs out there on the PP....it's ridiculous.

This decision tonight, to start Price, is the clincher as far as Gainey is concerned.

What I don't understand about all of this, is why the hell are we so determined to make Price our goalie? Halak has a better save percentage, has stolen games when we weren't playing well, and he's largely ignored. It's like we need to make Price our goalie. Why? I don't think Halak is much older. Why doesn't performance count anymore? What does *the team* gain if Price is number 1 over Halak? Is there any reason why a professional team would *care* who's their number 1 goalie, other than for performance reasons? If Halak turned out to be a better goalie, is there anyone out there who would care that Price was a wasted high draft pick? Doesn't this happen all the time?

You know, it's one thing to lose a playoff series because you're simply out-classed. But it's another thing entirely when management purposely doesn't put out its best team to play.

I think Gainey has to go. This Price decision was bad. The Carbonneau decision was bad. The Huet decision was bad. I hate to say it, but he's starting to approach Houle-like depths.

I have a feeling they are going to do down with a whimper.

It would be consistent with this disastrous season. This summer is huge in the future of the franchise.

Gainey has the chance to remake this team anyway he sees fit, with a strong farm, a young core

and a ton of cap space, this team could be right back where they were last season with the right

decisions.

But with the wrong decisions, this sucker could blow up real good!

Edited by Wamsley01

You Price haters were bitchin' about Price making a big save, that was a big save. It's up to the rest of the team to tie it up, unless ya wanna complain about Prices' lack of scoring this year too.

You Price haters were bitchin' about Price making a big save, that was a big save. It's up to the rest of the team to tie it up, unless ya wanna complain about Prices' lack of scoring this year too.

That was kind of lucky. Wouldn't have counted anyway.

Edited by Wamsley01

I think I want to focus on the 101st season!

It's up to Price to do the ######ing saves. Markov is injured so the pressure is on Price. If Price allows goals then it's his fault. And if we lost it's his fault because there's only a small difference in goals scored on both teams so a key save could of changed the fate of the game or a different goalie could of change the fate of the game.

I need to start the Go Habs Go chant!!

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh, I remember the years when the Habs were singing Nah Nah Nah Nah with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd.

It's up to Price to do the ######ing saves. Markov is injured so the pressure is on Price. If Price allows goals then it's his fault. And if we lost it's his fault because there's only a small difference in goals scored on both teams so a key save could of changed the fate of the game or a different goalie could of change the fate of the game.

Come on. Can you over simplify things anymore?

Let me know how this series would go if Wideman and Chara were not playing and in game 3 Savard was out.

I doubt Bruin fans would be laying it at the feet of their goaltender.

Sigh, I remember the years when the Habs were singing Nah Nah Nah Nah with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd.

I do too. I grew up with the "usual route" crowd (starting in the 70s, for me though), but desperate times call for desperate measures.

alan%20partridge.jpg

way to battle for the puck Koivu.. what a friggin joke to lose that race....

we are done.. I still believe that Halak would have given us a chance..

Price had no chance on the 4th Boston goal .

way to battle for the puck Koivu.. what a friggin joke to lose that race....

we are done.. I still believe that Halak would have given us a chance..

Maybe, but it would have been just a stay of execution. They were struggling as it was, the injuries were crippling.

Maybe, but it would have been just a stay of execution. They were struggling as it was, the injuries were crippling.

I know, which is why we had nothing to lose.. we only win if our goalie STEALS a game.. and Price is not going to steal one.

The pathetic play by Koivu, the brutal passing by Kovy.. they gave up in the 3rd.. as they usually do.