April 22th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 4 Thread

Cataclaw

It is days like this that make me thankful to be a Habs fan outside of Montreal. Just pathetic.

You're wrong Koz, dead wrong. THIS IS WHY NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY FOR THIS TEAM!!!

The pressure is bad enough, but when the crowd gets all over their 21 year old goalie for goals that NOBODY could stop, he deserves to tell them to ###### off.

Why would ANYBODY want to play for this? Montreal used to have the best fans, turns out they're just petty idiots.

SHAME!!

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what anyone says, but the ref'ing has been terrible call me a homer or whatever, it HAS NOT been the same for both teams.

Agree on that. I am not sure we could win anyway, but we certainly can't beat them with this reffing.

A buddy of mine is a ref and he is going nuts watching the playoffs. He sites this series and the Washington series as some of the most incompetent reffing he has ever seen. (and he is not a habs fan)

habs fan's are an embarrassment. Wonder why nobody wants to come here. These are the same fans that called for Julien's head and rode Ryder out of town. Boy are they getting it now! I'm actually enjoying this payback. Next they'll cry for Gainey's firing and away he goes probably to Minny and with him goes Timmins. If that happens ...we don't have a chance st the po's for a long time and the booing fans will be back doing what they do best. The fans in that arena should be ashamed of themselves.

I don't care what anyone says, but the ref'ing has been terrible call me a homer or whatever, it HAS NOT been the same for both teams.

I'll agree with that, but the pop-gun powerplay wouldn't have made a difference anyway. The Habs have had no PP presence. Tis a bummer, I really wasn't expecting a sweep. As much as it pains me to say it, just not match for the Bs this year. Gawd, I can't stand Boston in its entirety.

Immature and disrespectful gesture by Price.

Price is not a 30 yrs old vet with 2 Conn-Smythes. He has no business telling the fans off after the year he had.

But blame Bob for throwing him at the wolves while it was evident he wasnt ready.

Immature maybe, but not disrespectful. Price was being disrespected, he's just letting the fans know he appreciates the support.

Immature and disrespectful gesture by Price.

Price is not a 30 yrs old vet with 2 Conn-Smythes. He has no business telling the fans off after the year he had.

But blame Bob for throwing him at the wolves while it was evident he wasnt ready.

i hope your joking..yea his a kid that playing his heart out on a team that blows, with guys out running around montreal with gangs, our fighter dont fight, our second line couldnt score on a open net, ak27 as turn into a one shot pony..and our D couldnt clear the front of the net if they were trying to hit a beach ball..but its all price fault..

Disrespectful? LOL

Idiot fans deserve to be disrespected. This is not on HIM, so to boo him is ridiculous!

Telling off fans IS disrespectful. It's not like he was booed by the entire building. A couple of fans cheer and he pulls that stuff. Unprofessional. He has to suck it up. It only showed what the entire season showed: the kid is immature. It's not entirely his fault however. He should have been better surrounded, better mentored, and most of all better protected. Let's hope he sucks it up.

And to all you people blaming the fans again: look at the product on the ice. If you had paid 300$ to watch that, you'd have every right to boo the team. Players around the league keep saying that the building is the loudest and the ambiance the best in the league. You just sound jealous of the fans because you wished the team would be in your city.

The fans have every right to boo. They were lead to believe this was a magical season. The year Montreal was going deep into the playoffs. The entire organization did everything to promote this to the fans.

Then things started to fall apart. Million dollar players stopped listening and playing. Idiot kids were more interesting in partying than getting their game in order. And as Rome was on fire Nero, Gainey!!!!, did nothing till it was too late.

Fans have ever right to be pissed. Things were almost promised to them, and then things went to shit. They held there end of the deal. They shelled the big dollars for the tickets and were left watching and embarrassing mess that nobody wants to deal with.

I am mad as hell, and I never paid a dime for a ticket. I can imagine how someone at that game feels. I'd boo too. Piss on them and there feelings

Now that is the second time he has absolutely disgraced the franchise, what a complete gimp he his. Please Bob, no more USHS hockey players, they are flat out SOFT.

PS, what was Bob doing will Lucic was on the draft board after captaining the Vancouver Giants to the Memorial cup and the MVP. EMBARRASSING.

Sadly I did come here to agree with you after reading the thread title, too bad you went a little goofy

I will however say that I believe it is time for Mike to stop picking that fight. :)

As much as it pains me to say it, just not match for the Bs this year. Gawd, I can't stand Boston in its entirety.

Pisses me off how many kids they have managed to develop. We should be that team.

Telling off fans IS disrespectful. It's not like he was booed by the entire building. A couple of fans cheer and he pulls that stuff. Unprofessional. He has to suck it up. It only showed what the entire season showed: the kid is immature.

And to all you people blaming the fans again: look at the product on the ice. If you had paid 300$ to watch that, you'd have every right to boo the team. And players keep saying that the building is the loudest and the ambiance the best in the league. You just sound jealous of the fans because you wised the team would be in your city.

Nonsense. He is embarrassed and if you aren't jeering or booing him, then why would you take offense?

That is like me taking offense to it, I didn't jeer the guy.

You support your players, you don't blame individuals. Pathetic

So Halak would have won this game? What could Halak have done?

The Bruins have ripped the Habs a new asshole, they have quit in about 5-6 periods.

But I am referring to fans booing him. If they aren't blaming him, why jeer him.

Because the simpletons are blaming a 21 year old kid for the problems of the whole team.

Actually, Halak might have one the last game, when it mattered. tonight, maybe, maybe not. The reason I say that is because if one of our goalies made that miracle save at the end of the first, maybe we are still in it. At this point, the team has given up. I would pull Price rather then embarrass him.

Of course, if the refs call the interference on Kost and the offside on Kessel, then we might be winning right now and Price wouldn't be getting shelled.

The fans have every right to boo. They were lead to believe this was a magical season. The year Montreal was going deep into the playoffs. The entire organization did everything to promote this to the fans.

Then things started to fall apart. Million dollar players stopped listening and playing. Idiot kids were more interesting in partying than getting their game in order. And as Rome was on fire Nero, Gainey!!!!, did nothing till it was too late.

Fans have ever right to be pissed. Things were almost promised to them, and then things went to shit. They held there end of the deal. They shelled the big dollars for the tickets and were left watching and embarrassing mess that nobody wants to deal with.

I am mad as hell, and I never paid a dime for a ticket. I can imagine how someone at that game feels. I'd boo too. Piss on them and there feelings

Mad as hell? You are months late to the party. I was mad in March, this season was over A LOOOOONG TIME AGO.

I don't buy that. Expectations were created by no one other than the fans and media themselves. Now they are upset because an injury-riddled, 8th seed team is losing to one of the NHL's elite? Give me a break. I'm sick of the shit that goes on in the city. No wonder Lecavalier wants to stay in Tampa. I don't blame him.

I would never boo my team. A good fan never does. Not to mention this is their last game of the year. At least suck up your disappointment and give them proper sendoff!

Edited by ForumGhost

No Lang

No Tanguay

No Markov

No luck

Everything's going the Bruins' way... but mark my words, we'll have the last laugh. Don't know when, but we will. Next year, or next decade.. but we will have that laugh.

F!!cking Bruins.

F!!cking Maple Leafs.

No wonder Lecavalier wants to stay in Tampa. I don't blame him.

I would never boo my team. A good fan never does.

This is the problem now, who would want to come and play here?

Damn, the wheels have come off. This is so painful to watch.

By the way the fans jeering Price are probably the same ones that voted him into the All Star game, lol. Both undeserved IMO, Price's best is yet to come.....and this embarassment could not have been cooked up by any one player, this is a team accomplishment - I can think of a half dozen players that deserve to be booed for this, and the kid is not one of them.

Well, had a thing about not posting during a series, but no point now.

Price, whatever, that is 100% on Bob, who has failed abjectly, totally outcoached by Julien at every turn, every shift. He might have blown his career here, how can Price, or anyother players, respect him after this?

Not that any players deserve respect. Not an ounce, not for a second.

The nobs on NESN keep going on about the will to win, and they are dead right. Habs do not have it, scum do. Every player has been a massive disappointment. Suppose Higgins has been a bit better than mediocre, though baffling mental errors litter his game; Weber blameless; D'Agostini average for his limited time; but the rest of them are a wash. The scum just key up on our first line - Bob doesn't even seem to be trying to get Kovalev away from Chara. The entire team has accepted everything since the 10 minute mark of game 1, though a decent effort in game 3 but still stupid hockey.

My biggest disappointment by far has been Lapierre, done nothing all series except a petulant smack after the empty netter in game 1. He has been bullied and beaten on every shift. Very abject performance by someone I thought should be Captain next year. However, this is not to take away the abysmal play of all the others. Better I notice Lapierre than wonder if the Kosts, Latendresse, Koivu are playing. I'd list Plekanec, but of course I had zero expectations for him going in, and he has more than lived up to those, actually becoming a negative presence even when in possession of the puck.

We can talk all we want about being too close to the cap, etc, but they own us today, and there is absolutely nothing that shows they won't own us tomorrow or for many years to come. Gutless.

This is the problem now, who would want to come and play here?

No shit! Cutting off their nose to spite their face.

And guess who will be moaning the most come July 1st

Now that is the second time he has absolutely disgraced the franchise, what a complete gimp he his. Please Bob, no more USHS hockey players, they are flat out SOFT.

PS, what was Bob doing while Lucic was on the draft board after captaining the Vancouver Giants to the Memorial cup and the MVP. EMBARRASSING.

Obvious troll is obvious.

rolleyes.jpg