April 22th, 2009 | Canadiens vs. Bruins | Game 4 Thread

Cataclaw

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good sendoff by THE MAJORITY of fans. A few drunk hotheads throwing bottles on the ice.

didnt roy say that trade was in the workes before that even happen?

Savard had a trade in the works involving Roy for Fiset and Sundin (I think) before he got sacked by Corey. Something like that. Pierre Lacroix was Roy's ex-agent so as soon as he took the GM job for the Nords he wanted Roy.

Roy screwed us by saying he played his last game with us. Houle suddenly ended up with no replacement starter and much less leverage because he had to trade Roy and get a good goalie in return.

Come on. He could have sent Roy home and told him you play for the Canadiens or you never play again.

Roy had no leverage, so don't paint Houle as a sympathetic figure.

Houle was an incompetent boob, Roy screwed nobody.

Ed Belfour went to Gainey and told him he would never play for Hitchcock and Gainey said and....

and Belfour shut his mouth and continued to play.

Roy had a contract and could have been handled.

Dandy was the last to leave the ice and was crying...

saw that...

total class move by the players to stay behind and salute the crowd.

So many of those guys will have worn that jersey for the last time... plenty to be emotional about.

Well, I like that they ended up getting a proper salute from the fans (minus a couple water bottles on the ice of course). Good to see some sportsmanship between the teams during the handshakes, Laraque and Kovy getting friendly with the B's.

Because he probably knows this is his last game as a habs. Have to admit though, throughout the injuries, his play really upped his stock in my eyes. Maybe Gainey will wanna keep him around?

Edited by ForumGhost

Good sendoff by THE MAJORITY of fans. A few drunk hotheads throwing bottles on the ice.

Savard had a trade in the works involving Roy for Fiset and Sundin (I think) before he got sacked by Corey. Something like that. Pierre Lacroix was Roy's ex-agent so as soon as he took the GM job for the Nords he wanted Roy.

It was Nolan and Fiset. Which was not much better.

Roy screwed us by saying he played his last game with us. Houle suddenly ended up with no replacement starter and much less leverage because he had to trade Roy and get a good goalie in return.

Yeah yeah, Roy screwed us. I remember...Mario, Rejan and Ronald had nothing to do with it. :lol:

Anyway, I don't think we will ever match what Komisarek will get offered by someone. I actually think he hasn't been so bad, tried very hard this series. Liked his aggressiveness. Too bad, but we ain't gonna match - need it for all those can't-miss prospects...

As much as I rag on him, I'd bring him back as a 4th-line / 7th-d player.

Another poor performance. All too predictable. Call Orville Tessier about those heart transplants, Chicago might not have wanted them but we'll take them in a, er, heartbeat!

Come on. He could have sent Roy home and told him you play for the Canadiens or you never play again.

Roy had no leverage, so don't paint Houle as a sympathetic figure.

Houle was an incompetent boob, Roy screwed nobody.

Ed Belfour went to Gainey and told him he would never play for Hitchcock and Gainey said and....

and Belfour shut his mouth and continued to play.

Roy had a contract and could have been handled.

You think Tremblay and Roy could have co-existed? I dont think so.

No doubt Roy could have been handled. Savard would probably have told him to go home and sleep on it. Houle was old school and automatically backed his coach before getting raped by Lacroix. But thinking that we could have got the moon for Roy in that context is unrealistic.

It was Nolan and Fiset. Which was not much better.

You're right, Nolan + Fiset it was.

Look on the bright side... we don't have Avery.. what a disgrace (watch the highlights).

Also.. Lundquist might just win this for NYR... I still wish we played Washington.. they were beatable.

You think Tremblay and Roy could have co-existed? I dont think so.

No doubt Roy could have been handled. Savard would probably have told him to go home and sleep on it. Houle was old school and automatically backed his coach before getting raped by Lacroix. But thinking that we could have got the moon for Roy in that context is unrealistic.

You're right, Nolan + Fiset it was.

Roy came back and apologized for his actions. Totally rejean fing houle and fing tremblay move

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure sharing the Habs passion here on Habsworld.

I'll be taking a break for a while, i'll be back late summer most likely.

Take care everyone, and GO HABS GO

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Koivu doesn't sound like he is going to re-sign.

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure sharing the Habs passion here on Habsworld.

I'll be taking a break for a while, i'll be back late summer most likely.

Take care everyone, and GO HABS GO

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Have a great off season! See you next year. :clap:

Yeah, but who will be back?

Who cares. I'm watching Baseball. Then Football. Not worth watching the draft, Montreal will draft Chips instead of Wolski, or some other ###### move. And nobody is coming in free agency

So positive. For me I have been watching the habs for 46 years. This is the most disappointed that I can recall ever being. It appears the team is in shambles, do we have a gm? coach? owner? players? I have never seen this before. I am a big supporter of Bob Gainey and of Carbo. Something very bad happened this year and I do not know what it was. This was a solid well run club. WTF happened.? I think the owner started doing things and it hurt us bad. But as always hope is eternal and I will be back after the cfl , golf , and life will go on . Bonsoir mes ami's it will only get better from here.