Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quebecois

Official MLB Discussion Thread

704 posts in this topic

On 2017-03-09 at 9:57 PM, dlbalr said:

Maybe it's because so many of Canada's top players declined to play but I have way less interest in the WBC this year.  To no one's surprise, Canada got shelled in the opener, 9-2 to the Dominicans.

And the highlight of Canada's tournament was them not losing via the mercy rule in any of their games.  Assuming they can requalify for the next one (if there is a next one), some work needs to be done on getting the better (healthy) players to commit.  Otherwise, they'll start to be like Canada Basketball who has the talent to compete but only a handful show up each time.

It's not even on a major channel in the states, so I've been completely oblivious to it it even happening, other than hearing about players not being in camp.

6 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

It's not even on a major channel in the states, so I've been completely oblivious to it it even happening, other than hearing about players not being in camp.

MLB Network doesn't get major carriage in the US either?  I'd like for it to be available (especially at the draft) but most carriers up here don't even offer it.

21 hours ago, dlbalr said:

MLB Network doesn't get major carriage in the US either?  I'd like for it to be available (especially at the draft) but most carriers up here don't even offer it.

I think it is pretty similar to NHL Network. Generally only available on the major companies and even then, mostly on higher tier packages.