Habs talking with Emelin - Perezhogin won't come over

Not 100% sure, but I think he got a 1-way deal on his first contract. I don't keep my cap files that far back to say for sure though. He got the guaranteed money, but not the guaranteed playing time - he certainly earned that before long though.

no, that was impossible, he wanted that, but they couldnt give it to him. so they made a "technical" 2 way deal

it was written that on top of the contract and had every "mandatory" clauses, but Streit was promised that he'd never go down etc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perezhogin is staying in Russia. :angry:

Oh well, Emelin is more important and Perezhogin would likely create more nonsense than he's worth.

you mean the guy who skates well but cant keep the puck, can't shoot and can't pass when he's not in practices?

these guys choke under big time pressure.

Perezhogin was given every chances to show his skills.. (IMO)

dont we have too many of perepheral players who are afraid of getting hit ??

why add another one ??

no, that was impossible, he wanted that, but they couldnt give it to him. so they made a "technical" 2 way deal

it was written that on top of the contract and had every "mandatory" clauses, but Streit was promised that he'd never go down etc.

Not necessarily saying you're wrong Streamer, but Streit was eligible for a 1-way deal as far as I know. Remember, he played in the AHL in the late 90's, I think that eliminated the necessity of an entry-level deal (all ELC's have to be 2-way). There also are no mandatory bonus clauses in an entry-level contract; a player like Andrew Conboy for example has no bonuses in his contract for next year but is under that contract. If all the bonuses were included in Streit's deal, the cap hit would've been over 3 million. Streit's cap hit in 05-06 was $600,000 in case anyone was wondering. His age also needs to be considered, he was 27 at the time of signing that deal with the Habs.

I don't think Perezhogin is a difference maker, but the guy was only turning 23 when he left for Russia, so I don't think we saw him even close to at his best before he left. In all likelihood, he's a better player now. Bringing him back wouldn't exactly be a terrible idea.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think Perezhogin is a difference maker, but the guy was only turning 23 when he left for Russia, so I don't think we saw him even close to at his best before he left. In all likelihood, he's a better player now. Bringing him back wouldn't exactly be a terrible idea.

I always liked Zhogs, and thought he had great potential and never got a fair shot (IMO). His reported poor attitude did concern me, but perhaps he's matured a bit. I certainly wouldn't mind a chance to reassess him on the Habs. There are definitely worse ideas.

I'd love to see Emelin here. I hope the talks go well!

I always liked Zhogs, and thought he had great potential and never got a fair shot (IMO). His reported poor attitude did concern me, but perhaps he's matured a bit. I certainly wouldn't mind a chance to reassess him on the Habs. There are definitely worse ideas.

I'd love to see Emelin here. I hope the talks go well!

What he said! ^_^

Kasparaitis version 2.0 GIMMIE! Maybe then they would think twice about running Price down in the future if Emelin will come and slash them in their knees or give payback-checks. Or maybe he is just another d-man that will suck on our team.

http://www.eurosport.se/ishockey/fbk-kan-t...flashnews.shtml

Translation: we're probably signing Mikael Johansson, a former Detroit 9th rounder (2003), to a one year contract. He's coming off a couple of decent years in the SEL, where he was the youngest top 6 forward on the team.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=72648

Not completely impressive, but maybe something to work with. He'll be 24 at training camp. Don't expect a lot out of him, but hey, worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...

How would the contract for Emelin work? He is 23 so still falls under Entry Level contracts right? That would mean either a 1 year deal with bonuses or a 2 year deal with bonuses depending where his b-day falls. If this is the case would that be enough money to sway him to come over considering how much the KHL is paying some players?

By the way, I would love for Emelin to come over. I think he has the type of game that is better suited for the smaller ice surface where he can get on players faster. Also, he has the ability to shoot the puck hard and accurate from all I read and saw about him. He can put up points if necessary with a little help and encouragement.

How would the contract for Emelin work? He is 23 so still falls under Entry Level contracts right? That would mean either a 1 year deal with bonuses or a 2 year deal with bonuses depending where his b-day falls. If this is the case would that be enough money to sway him to come over considering how much the KHL is paying some players?

By the way, I would love for Emelin to come over. I think he has the type of game that is better suited for the smaller ice surface where he can get on players faster. Also, he has the ability to shoot the puck hard and accurate from all I read and saw about him. He can put up points if necessary with a little help and encouragement.

Emelin wouldn't come here as an offensive Dman but could become the answer to bouillon leaving and maybe at one point become Markovs partner.

I don't know how a contract would work out but I'm sure there'd be a clause that could send him in the AHL if needed.

Emelin wouldn't come here as an offensive Dman but could become the answer to bouillon leaving and maybe at one point become Markovs partner.

I don't know how a contract would work out but I'm sure there'd be a clause that could send him in the AHL if needed.

An entry-level deal is always two-way, and since Emelin is still somewhat young (not old enough for waivers), he could be sent to Hamilton without a problem. (Whether he'd choose to report could be another issue...)

lets get emelin. he's supposed to have a mean streak. we have too many ice dancers on this team. opposing teams this year treated games against the habs like a scrimmage.bgl, frankie, laps, and emelin would be a good start.as for perezhogin... well we already have the k brothers.

lets get emelin. he's supposed to have a mean streak. we have too many ice dancers on this team. opposing teams this year treated games against the habs like a scrimmage.bgl, frankie, laps, and emelin would be a good start.as for perezhogin... well we already have the k brothers.

perezhogin is dead scared of the traffic zone. we dont need more perioheral players.

having seeing him play a few times, Emelin does have a mean streak. He'll be a bigger frankie bou.

I would like to get Emelin over here too, I think he will be a good fit for the Habs.

Anyone heard of surgery may be needed for BGL? Apparently on his back and he said if he does get the surgery he is probably done with the NHL? Not that I would mind this I think we got him at the right time but the NHL is changing too fast for him. Now with new rules about staged fights he will have to play a lot harder :)

PS I do know he was injured most of last year.

I always liked Perezhogin... from leading the bulldogs in scoring, to seeing him drive to the net at the world juniors. I don't see him as someone who's afraid of getting hit or the rough stuff at all! He lost his 2nd line job to Latendresse... who never earned the right to be there, and who has shown he's actually more suited for 3rd line responsibilities.

Always been excited about the prospect of Emelin. Never seen him play, but all reports are that he's exactly what we're missing! A Kronwall type who will move the puck, and make big open ice hits!

I'd love to see them both at camp this fall!

fine !! he doesn't want to play here, trade his rights and try to get whatever....stupid stupid man.

he had his spot beside markov...well maybe hamrlik.

fine !! he doesn't want to play here, trade his rights and try to get whatever....stupid stupid man.

he had his spot beside markov...well maybe hamrlik.

It's been obvious for years that he's more interested in money than he is in playing in the NHL. Good riddance.

Can you blame him? Anyways, getting Komi now is more of a priority than ever.

not if the price is over 4M..it's too much for this type of player.