Habs talking with Emelin - Perezhogin won't come over

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 mil for Yemelin? He's never even played in NA, no way would BG even think about offering him anything close to that. It would have probably been an entry level deal.

I was talking about Komisarek.

I hope the habs have had their lesson in drafting Russians! Count them, that's 3 very promising guys who have decided to leave or stay in Russia(2 of which were supposed to be really good d-men). I'm pretty sure a guy like Subban won't threaten to leave ofr Russia. Give him a chance!

getting Komi now is more of a priority than ever.

No kidding!

I hope the habs have had their lesson in drafting Russians! Count them, that's 3 very promising guys who have decided to leave or stay in Russia(2 of which were supposed to be really good d-men). I'm pretty sure a guy like Subban won't threaten to leave ofr Russia. Give him a chance!

No kidding!

Other than Perezhogin, we didn't use high picks on these guys, so I don't think it's a bad policy. It just takes one really good Russian to say he'll come over to make it worthwhile, IMO. It's not like we're hitting many home runs with our late NA drafted picks.

Drafting good Russian d-men will be a tough go, though.

• 2 weeks later...
If he's not willing to go to Hamilton to earn his way onto the team, then good riddance. We need guys whose goal it is to play the game at its highest level and to win the Stanley Cup. I have no desire for guys who are only in it for the money, fame, etc. This tends to be one of the knocks on European players, but there are certainly many who grew up dreaming of the Stanley Cup. Especially in this day and age where their country's best players have played in the NHL. I want players, no matter where they come from, who dream of the NHL and the Cup, not of money.

I could not agree more. Heart won through with the Stanly cup Champs Pitt. Skill with Heart is what is needed to win today.