Best Hockey Sim Game for PC

JLP

Alright enough is enough, I'm going virtual.

What is the best downloadable hockey sim out there? I'd prefer s manager type game to one where I'm trying to smack a puck round.

I have done Eastside, anything else?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Cadian

Hey,

What is that Eastside like? I have been wondering as I chase the EA NHL2K5 all over the screen. The Dynasty mode is alright but not deep enough.

I don't know EA NHL so I can't compare but I played Eastside for quite some time before it became boring.

You are a manager drafting and making trades and doing scouting and conditioning and setting lineups, different levels of difficulty and so on, highly configurable and quite addictive -- at first anyhow. I recommend it.

The dynasty mode in 2004 wasn't that great either, was crazy when players want 25 million dollars for a one year deal.

I did 3 seasons in dynasty and got bored quick. Maybe it was my playing strategies (no I didn't trade everyone to make a super team) or something but the game got really easy. The only time where the game was competitive is during the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs. The other team was adapting to playing style and kept blocking all my one timers and passes.

edit: yes it was hard mode, I'm not trying to show off don't get me wrong, just saying how the dynasty mode is badly done in my opinion after a season or two.

[Edited on 2005/2/16 by Tony]

Originally posted by Cadian

Hey,

What is that Eastside like? I have been wondering as I chase the EA NHL2K5 all over the screen. The Dynasty mode is alright but not deep enough.

I've also started playing the free Eastside Hockey Manager ... it's quite fun, especially at the Online League which I've joined recently (though I've to play with the Yotes :eyes: ;)).

Here you can download the game:

http://www.fhockey.com/

BTW. I think there's also a new version of the game but you've to pay for it.

• 1 month later...

EA should have a feature called "Player Dynasty Mode". You pick a player, or create yourself, and you play him until the end of his career. You can make trade demands, reject contracts, go to the All-Star game, etc... and once you retire if you get your # retired by your team, your career is deemed a success.

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Leafs Suck

EA should have a feature called "Player Dynasty Mode". You pick a player, or create yourself, and you play him until the end of his career. You can make trade demands, reject contracts, go to the All-Star game, etc... and once you retire if you get your # retired by your team, your career is deemed a success.

I like that Idea as well... just being able to play with one player at his shifts and let the coach decide how much time. And your skill will determine how good and what kind of player you become. No control of the team... only control if u accept the contract or not. (Money = hall of fame points or something)

Maybe Im getting over my head but I think it would be REALLY nice as long as its tough enough.

Originally posted by Dalhabs

I like that Idea as well... just being able to play with one player at his shifts and let the coach decide how much time. And your skill will determine how good and what kind of player you become. No control of the team... only control if u accept the contract or not. (Money = hall of fame points or something)

Maybe Im getting over my head but I think it would be REALLY nice as long as its tough enough.

It probably won't before they do that. That is exactly what they did with NCAA Football and Madden this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Its a known fact that EA NHL is about 5 years behind madden in dynasty mode. It will be years before EA puts out a decent NHL dynasty mode. EHM is great if you wanna be a gm but its definitely not like playing EA NHL.

EHM is a in depth simulator and that is all. Also with EHM the game never really changes.. 20 years down the road your still drafting computer generated players and using them in your lines.. but its restricted to simulating hockey. Also the cpu AI is just terrible.