Koivu or Kovalev: which would you keep?

Koivu or Kovalev  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pick just one

• Alex Kovalev
    • Saku Koivu

That crazy $6-mil-for-Kovalev thread got me thinking. We may be able to re-sign both of these Alpha Males at a discount. Or neither of them. But maybe the likeliest scenario has us re-signing one and letting the other walk. Which would you choose and why?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koivu.... :hlogo:.... SHOW PLAYERS WE ARE LOYAL TO GUYS THAT ARE LOYAL TO THE TEAM.....but i would brig both back for the right price..

I am definitely in the neither crowd. They have never done anything in a habs uniform to write home about in the last few years.

Time to move on and turn the page.

Time to move on and turn the page.

That about sums it up for me. I don't think they're bad players, or bad people... but I think they're poor investments at this stage. There's no reason to expect a better return on them going forward. It's a perfect time to make a break.

kovalev is the only real threat we have on the team. Other teams worry about how to defend him. For that reason he should come back but 3.5 with bonuses for 2 years is what i would offer

I'm watching sportnets news, according to the news at the bottom of the screen there's a report that the Habs will not offer Koivu a new contract. I don't know if it's worth starting a new thread based on this alone because I haven't heard it anywhere else.

I'm watching sportnets news, according to the news at the bottom of the screen there's a report that the Habs will not offer Koivu a new contract. I don't know if it's worth starting a new thread based on this alone because I haven't heard it anywhere else.

Koivu is out of gas, as far as I am concerned. I would definitely make an offer to Kovalev though. I would like to keep Lang in the line-up too. Same thing with Tanguay, of course.

Koivu deserves a contract offer but it would have to be at a reduced salary, he is not the elite player we have always wanted him to be. However he has given his all to this team and never been a difficult guy to deal with so out of respect he should be offered a decent contract.

So, assuming they don't offer Koivu a new contract and say Lang can't return from his injury. Then what if Bob can't find out centre?

So we have Pleks, Metro, Lapierree and Chipchura? I don't know man, I don;t know...

I'm sure he can find one centre. We aren't such a UFA deathtrap that NO ONE will sign here. It may be a guy a little ways down the list, but there would be someone that would be signed.