Super Bowl thread

Quebecois

Looks like Owens is going to play against the doctor's orders. I can't see him having too much of an impact, he can't be more than 75% come Sunday.

Who you guys taking? I think the Pats will win by a couple of TDs, they are just about unbeatable and Philly might be happy to just be there after 3 years of losses in the NFC championship game.

Damnit, Just start the ######ing football game already!!!!

I hate all this pregame crap, its the same every year. Tons of untalented musical performances, then a bunch of patriotic crap and the singing of NOT ONE but TWO National Anthem type songs. This is not the time or the place for this stuff, today should be about football.

Screw the entertainment... Play the damn Football game.

You dont see this in the Stanley Cup playoffs, why the Superbowl? argh

Its not that I am surprised though, its the same thing every year.... ugh.

For the Americans here: I am not Anti-American, I'm sure you know that. I just hate all this patriotic crap, if it was Canadian I'd hate it to, it takes attention away from the actual game, the sport.

[Edited on 2005-2-7 by puck7x]

Wow, what a crap game so far. The Eagles keep turning over the ball and the Pats have no idea what to do with it... The Eagles finally scored, and its 7-0 now.

This game has a horrible pace to it.

Weird last drive..

Well, congrats to New England. In a league like the NFL with all the parity, it's even more of an accomplishment to win 3/4 year.

Thumb up

And for the Eagles, that's one step closer. Poor Philly lol

Originally posted by puck7x

Damnit, Just start the ######ing football game already!!!!  

I hate all this pregame crap, its the same every year. Tons of untalented musical performances, then a bunch of patriotic crap and the singing of NOT ONE but TWO National Anthem type songs. This is not the time or the place for this stuff, today should be about football.

Screw the entertainment... Play the damn Football game.

You dont see this in the Stanley Cup playoffs, why the Superbowl? argh

Its not that I am surprised though, its the same thing every year.... ugh.

For the Americans here: I am not Anti-American, I'm sure you know that. I just hate all this patriotic crap, if it was Canadian I'd hate it to, it takes attention away from the actual game, the sport.

[Edited on 2005-2-7 by puck7x]

I agree 100%. I think anthems should be it...But hey, Americans love celebrating America. Because it's the Greatest Country Ever in the History of Time and Creation. This message Brought to you by Pepsi and Nike.;)

Decent game....what was up with McNabb? Just couldn't get the plays off in the last 5 mins.

Dolphins fan here, and I hate to say it, but New England is the best team since the early 90's Cowboys. 3/4 is the best any team can do in the NFL, parity era or not.

Owens was amazing, especially considering the injury.

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Only saw the first quarter, and that was horrible. Turned off the TV, was getting to late for me. (otherwise i would have watched the whole game) Superbowl is the only NFL game broadcasted live here in Holland! Normally there is nothing about NFL on tv!

Wow, thats horrible advertisment for the league and the game of American football, that 1st quarter was probably the worst NFL football I've seen all year, just really painful to watch... The game got better as it went along..

last year's bowl was much better i thought, more exciting... although I was living in massachusetts last year so maybe my perception is skewed.

Gotta give TO credit, who cares about his motivation - the guy played a good game (and did a pretty good job of making yards without ever really getting tackled... he seemed to finish all his runs out of bounds)

Love those Pats... odds on next year?